I have on my old BB DETK 50 an SD card with a lot of videos , photos,,,and now i want to move the SD card to my new BB KEY2 , and keep everything so i can add on the same SD card ,but it seems that if i move it , it will be formatted ! the question is how i can keep all the stuff which are now on the SD card and move it to my new device and keep adding new stuff on the same SD card without loosing the old ones

Thank you
    07-20-19 01:15 PM
    drag everything off the card, install in folders in detek 50. use magic mushroom to to a transfer between the two phones, checking all boxes for photos video ect. put card in new phone let it do its thing poof done.
    07-20-19 07:27 PM
    I have on my old BB DETK 50 an SD card with a lot of videos , photos,,,and now i want to move the SD card to my new BB KEY2 , and keep everything so i can add on the same SD card ,but it seems that if i move it , it will be formatted ! the question is how i can keep all the stuff which are now on the SD card and move it to my new device and keep adding new stuff on the same SD card without loosing the old ones

Thank you
    SD card can be moved without issue - no formatting requied.

If however, you setup the card as adoptable storage (extended device storage) in the DTEK50, then it's not portable.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-19 07:43 PM
    I assumed that, that's why I told him drag and sync
    07-20-19 10:11 PM
    I thought magic mushrooms was just for soup and smoking 🚬 ;-)
    07-21-19 03:02 AM
    If however, you setup the card as adoptable storage (extended device storage) in the DTEK50, then it's not portable.
    Right. If it is setup as adoptable storage, then it is encrypted to the phone (DTEK50 in this case) and you will need either a computer or a flash drive that supports USB OTG and can be plugged into the phone, and then you must use the File Manager in the phone to copy the data to the computer or flash drive. Once that is done, then you can remove the SD card and format it in the new phone and then copy the data back onto it.

You should regularly back up the data on your SD card anyway, as they fail randomly and with no warning (Samsung and SanDisk are more reliable than other brands, but even they fail sometimes). If you don't use cloud sync, then making frequent manual backups is a must if you care about the data on your phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-19 02:59 PM
    Thank you all for your valued information , it were really beneficial.
    07-22-19 09:56 AM
    I moved my sandisk 64gb from priv to key2. Works just fine in the key2. I noticed that the sd will not show up on a computer when plugged in via usb. Let me clarify that...it shows up, but when I try to open it, there are no folders to show. It is a class 10 card. I used exfat for BlackBerry to be able to use the card in the priv.

All folders in internal storage do show up in the computer.

Is there some reason the card would need to be reformatted to work properly going from the priv to the key2? I hate doing that because it changes the "date modified" to today's date for ALL files.

I also don't have 4k video option in the camera. This happened in the priv a couple times and I had to reformat the card, then the 4k option would show. Currently key2 goes up to 1080p 60 fps. I save all camera files to sd card.
    08-28-19 10:40 PM
    I moved my sandisk 64gb from priv to key2. Works just fine in the key2. I noticed that the sd will not show up on a computer when plugged in via usb. Let me clarify that...it shows up, but when I try to open it, there are no folders to show. It is a class 10 card. I used exfat for BlackBerry to be able to use the card in the priv.

All folders in internal storage do show up in the computer.

Is there some reason the card would need to be reformatted to work properly going from the priv to the key2? I hate doing that because it changes the "date modified" to today's date for ALL files.

I also don't have 4k video option in the camera. This happened in the priv a couple times and I had to reformat the card, then the 4k option would show. Currently key2 goes up to 1080p 60 fps. I save all camera files to sd card.
    ^bump...any ideas?
    09-03-19 10:15 PM
    That's a strange one. Unfortunately, my best suggestion is to copy the data off (and verify that you can read it before doing anything else), and then format the card in the K2.
    09-04-19 12:09 AM
    That's a strange one. Unfortunately, my best suggestion is to copy the data off (and verify that you can read it before doing anything else), and then format the card in the K2.
    Probably what I am going to have to do. Just hate that all the "date modified" dates get changed once you move them off and back on.
    09-04-19 07:11 AM