So I found that when I swipe up word after word quickly one after the other the swiping works 100 % of the time.

When you wait between swipes even swiping up the same position (left, middle, right) starts to fail.

In both cases of this test no typing is involved.

This leads me to believe that it's more of a timing issue.

When the keyboard is picking up fast consecutive swipes it seemingly goes in "swipe" mode and it hits the words every single time.

When there is a little more time between a first and second swipe with either typing in between or no typing - the issue starts showing up.

Can anyone confirm these results?
    Last edited by Thinkbusiness; 02-17-19 at 11:13 AM.
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-17-19 09:20 AM
    Interesting! It certainly needs to be looked into.
    @Smokeaire @Bob80220 @Crusader03
    02-17-19 10:51 AM
    Interesting! It certainly needs to be looked into.
    @Smokeaire @Bob80220 @Crusader03
    Yes very curious if we can scientifically build a plausible theory on where the issue exactly lies.

For the time being I use a combination of tapping and swiping and I am teaching my mind to try the swiping only once.

People who are faster than me might have a better swipe success ratio but in my case I am just too slow right now to swipe up very fast every single time.

On the other hand. Why would we want to make a race of it ๐Ÿ˜. The swiping should also work flawlessly for people who swipe slowly between words.

I will continue my research but I think that I am getting closer to the truth ๐Ÿ˜‚
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    02-17-19 11:49 AM
    Yes very curious if we can scientifically build a plausible theory on where the issue exactly lies.

For the time being I use a combination of tapping and swiping and I am teaching my mind to try the swiping only once.

People who are faster than me might have a better swipe success ratio but in my case I am just too slow right now to swipe up very fast every single time.

On the other hand. Why would we want to make a race of it ๐Ÿ˜. The swiping should also work flawlessly for people who swipe slowly between words.

I will continue my research but I think that I am getting closer to the truth ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I have yet to come up with a theory regarding the swiping of predicted words. As we all appear to experience, it functions normally at times, and other times it's erratic. I experience the erratic/inconsistent behavior whether it's a left, middle, or right word. Either it will enter the correct word on a single swipe up, no word and requires multiple swipes, or it might enter the word two times. Yes, I can tap the suggested word and enter it no problem but if the PKB is designed to swipe then damn it, I want to be able to swipe the word with consistency!!! Simply put, it is not functioning as I was accustomed with, and I feel it most definitely should, as the PKB did during my 3 years typing and swiping on my BlackBerry PRIV.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-17-19 12:49 PM
    I have yet to come up with a theory regarding the swiping of predicted words. As we all appear to experience, it functions normally at times, and other times it's erratic. I experience the erratic/inconsistent behavior whether it's a left, middle, or right word. Either it will enter the correct word on a single swipe up, no word and requires multiple swipes, or it might enter the word two times. Yes, I can tap the suggested word and enter it no problem but if the PKB is designed to swipe then damn it, I want to be able to swipe the word with consistency!!! Simply put, it is not functioning as I was accustomed with, and I feel it most definitely should, as the PKB did during my 3 years typing and swiping on my BlackBerry PRIV.

Bob
    Never used the PRIV so can't compare. Seeing that the behavior remains the same after a couple of updates let's me believe they aren't going to solve this with a software update.
    02-17-19 01:35 PM
    Never used the PRIV so can't compare. Seeing that the behavior remains the same after a couple of updates let's me believe they aren't going to solve this with a software update.
    This has been the thought by a number of KEY2 owners on here experiencing this issue. Some have had responses from BlackBerry Technical Support that acknowledges this PKB sensitivity issue is software related. My recent case with them it was expressed to me it's a hardware issue and they are sending me a replacement device with the assurance I won't experience the issue. So there are contradicting responses from BlackBerry Technical Support... Hardware vs Software.

Am I highly skeptical? Yes... When I receive the replacement I will set it up for emails and text messages and see how the PKB functions. If it is without issues I will then move forward setting it up and installing all my apps, etc. I will have 5 days before I will have to ship my current KEY2 back but I will return the replacement if it exhibits the same behavior of my current KEY2.

Bob
    02-17-19 01:46 PM
    This has been the thought by a number of KEY2 owners on here experiencing this issue. Some have had responses from BlackBerry Technical Support that acknowledges this PKB sensitivity issue is software related. My recent case with them it was expressed to me it's a hardware issue and they are sending me a replacement device with the assurance I won't experience the issue. So there are contradicting responses from BlackBerry Technical Support... Hardware vs Software.

Am I highly skeptical? Yes... When I receive the replacement I will set it up for emails and text messages and see how the PKB functions. If it is without issues I will then move forward setting it up and installing all my apps, etc. I will have 5 days before I will have to ship my current KEY2 back but I will return the replacement if it exhibits the same behavior of my current KEY2.

Bob
    I am curious when they send you a new device without the issue... that's like a precedent for us demanding new devices of our own.

Let's just hope it's a software issue.
    02-17-19 02:55 PM
    I am curious when they send you a new device without the issue... that's like a precedent for us demanding new devices of our own.

Let's just hope it's a software issue.
    As I stated... I'm skeptical to say the least. I will update everyone once I receive the replacement device.

My gut tells me the PKB will undoubtedly function similar to what I am experiencing currently.

Bob
    02-17-19 02:58 PM
    Since there is already a thread devoted to the Keyboard cursor mode and swipe up issues perhaps this discussion should be unified here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...issue-1155317/
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-18-19 06:30 AM
    As I stated... I'm skeptical to say the least. I will update everyone once I receive the replacement device.

My gut tells me the PKB will undoubtedly function similar to what I am experiencing currently.

Bob
    When are you expecting your replacement device? Really curious if it makes a difference.
    02-22-19 01:41 PM
    Since there is already a thread devoted to the Keyboard cursor mode and swipe up issues perhaps this discussion should be unified here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...issue-1155317/
    That thread sadly has become contaminated with lots of off topic conversations. I also want to focus on people with later models of the phone.
    02-22-19 01:44 PM
    When are you expecting your replacement device? Really curious if it makes a difference.
    My replacement device is in route and it's scheduled to be delivered Monday, February 25. I am curious as well...

Bob
    02-22-19 01:47 PM
    That thread sadly has become contaminated with lots of off topic conversations. I also want to focus on people with later models of the phone.
    That thread is the best thread to track on the PKB sensitivity issue as the Members that are driving hard over this issue congregate there. I hear what you are saying about it being contaminated but there are only a limited number, maybe one or two, that contribute to the contamination.

Bob
    02-22-19 01:53 PM
    It is too much to ask the dedicated contributors of the main thread to submit redundant updates on this thread.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-22-19 02:06 PM
    That thread is the best thread to track on the PKB sensitivity issue as the Members that are driving hard over this issue congregate there. I hear what you are saying about it being contaminated but there are only a limited number, maybe one or two, that contribute to the contamination.

Bob
    Bang on Bob. Plus it is a thread that BBMo is very aware of, monitors and has produced several attempted fixes from BBMo with some good results thus far. It is unfortunate that some wish to pollute it with minรบcia, however our sole focus is to maintain pressure on BBMo to further implement a full fix for all in the community. When we fragment threads, we delude the power of the message and the force brought to bear. Food for thought. Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-22-19 at 05:14 PM.
    Bob80220 and Smokeaire like this.
    02-22-19 02:36 PM
    When we fragment threads, we delude the power of the message and the force brought to bare
    The essence of Android...
    02-22-19 03:21 PM
    My replacement device is in route and it's scheduled to be delivered Monday, February 25. I am curious as well...

Bob
    If your replacement device should prove to be flawless and has the same build number - we can all start our replacement procedures.

I wonder since the representative kind of already admitted to there being a problem (by confirming to you that THIS one would be without any issues) if they would already replace mine if I started a case on my own.

Just not looking forward to starting the whole process with BB mobile and ending up with a refurbished phone.
    02-23-19 01:35 AM