Sure would love to see BB come up with the Bedside mode again for the K1 and K2. Loved that on my PP.
    07-15-18 01:56 PM
    Isn't it under Screensaver again? at least that's where the daydream mode is.
    07-15-18 03:44 PM
    Bedside Mode in my Passport is my MOST used app/function. Use it 8 hours per day, lol.
    07-15-18 04:16 PM
    I still use my Z10 but I have a Samsung Galaxy for work and I miss the nite feature on the Samsung. One of the best under rated apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-18 05:22 PM
    Bedside mode is a very good feature and i use it a lot on my passport . How can it not be there on the k2 ?
    K2 doesnt have a replacement at all for this ?
    07-16-18 12:06 AM
    I'm sure there is a way. If you own a BlackBerry 10 device with a removable battery (or a BlackBerry OS device), bedside mode works flawlessly. It's why I never abandoned my devices. I also got three vintage ones as alarms, and they are a pain in the arse when they all ring at once!

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    07-16-18 12:26 AM
    To imitate the bedside mode, has anyone tried to install a shortcut maker that could switch two or three functions at the same time: airplane mode, silent and clock on?
    07-16-18 08:22 AM
    I use QuickProfiles(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...profiles&hl=de) to toggle between night(no notifications at all) and vib(just vibration). You can customize the settings a lot.
    07-16-18 09:01 AM
    Bb10 has so many great features like bedside mode. I still use my passport on a charging port for my daily alarm and social networks and news, sports updates. Then I pick up my iPhone and head out :/
    07-16-18 10:33 AM
    sorry but what are we trying to duplicate that the current "do not disturb" option fails at?
    FF22 likes this.
    07-16-18 12:23 PM
    sorry but what are we trying to duplicate that the current "do not disturb" option fails at?
    Bedside mode not only turns off visual and audible notifications but puts the device into alarm clock mode with a dimmer than normal clock face in red that fades to black. You just need to swipe the screen to display the time again. The red display does not affect your night vision, ask any amateur astronomer :-)

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails I miss the old Bedside mode!-11406.jpg  
    07-16-18 01:44 PM
    Bedside mode not only turns off visual and audible notifications but puts the device into alarm clock mode with a dimmer than normal clock face in red that fades to black. You just need to swipe the screen to display the time again. The red display does not affect your night vision, ask any amateur astronomer :-)

Richard
    PLUS the amazing, one-of-a-kind alarm tone "Sunrise" haha.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-18 02:02 PM
    Just love bedside mode on the passport, maybe as time goes on ( ;-) this may be introduced to blackberry android!

Posted via my Awesome passport
    07-16-18 02:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    I bring my old ring/alarm tones from device to device. I'd never know what was what otherwise!
    Mecca EL and cespinal like this.
    07-16-18 07:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree that BB10 Bedside Mode is awesome. As for the "Sunrise" alarm tone, I use it every day (but don't have it playing on three separate devices . As an alarm tone file, it can simply be copied from a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    07-16-18 08:48 PM
    As an alarm tone file, it can simply be copied from a BB10 device.
    Yep, I know--I have it in my P9.
    07-16-18 08:52 PM
    I miss the alarm audio too! Anyway we can sideload one or two of the files to an Android device?
    07-17-18 05:59 AM
    I agree that BB10 Bedside Mode is awesome. As for the "Sunrise" alarm tone, I use it every day (but don't have it playing on three separate devices . As an alarm tone file, it can simply be copied from a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Where do I find the file on a Passport? Got it hooked up to my PC and can't find the alarm files anywhere.

TIA
    07-17-18 06:14 AM
    Where do I find the file on a Passport? Got it hooked up to my PC and can't find the alarm files anywhere.

TIA
    I don't remember. I might have used GhostCommander to find them. I will check tonight if someone else does not answer today.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-17-18 06:42 AM
    I don't remember. I might have used GhostCommander to find them. I will check tonight if someone else does not answer today.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Thanks for the offer but I just found the OGG and MP3 files for 'Sunrise' which is the one alarm I really miss. Found it on CB but it didn't show up in my initial site search, found it through Google:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...droid-1089578/
    07-17-18 06:47 AM

TIA
    Just do a Google search and you can find a site with all BlackBerry ringtones, notifications and alarm tones. I cannot remember that site but it's there somewhere.

Oops, guess you found it!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-18 09:52 AM
    Hi! I'm joining in -- HATE the alarm features on my BB key2, it's just so clumsy and awful compared to the simple and perfect Bedside Mode! I cannot believe it's gone -- I thought it would be better. Do Not Disturb doesn't work for me -- it's too complex and iffy. The alarm doens't work for me either - I liked it telling me how many hours from now it will go off, and setting it with the stupid two wheels is just a nightmare. This is one app that needs to be SIMPLE and intuitive and quick, and instead it gives me no confidence whatsoever that it has worked. I downloaded a good simple alarm app, but it didn't work in airplane mode. (WTF?!) So please...... Any ideas of how to get bedside mode back?!
    04-21-20 12:53 PM
    Yup, Bedside Mode was truly the best! Miss it a lot.

Posted via my Passport
    04-21-20 02:03 PM
    I use an app called sound profile. It comes as close to bb10 sound features as I have found. I like it does not seem to bother my phone but it is always there I can swipe down and change my sound profile in a second.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    04-21-20 08:11 PM
    Hi! I'm joining in -- HATE the alarm features on my BB key2, it's just so clumsy and awful compared to the simple and perfect Bedside Mode! I cannot believe it's gone -- I thought it would be better. Do Not Disturb doesn't work for me -- it's too complex and iffy. The alarm doens't work for me either - I liked it telling me how many hours from now it will go off, and setting it with the stupid two wheels is just a nightmare. This is one app that needs to be SIMPLE and intuitive and quick, and instead it gives me no confidence whatsoever that it has worked. I downloaded a good simple alarm app, but it didn't work in airplane mode. (WTF?!) So please...... Any ideas of how to get bedside mode back?!
    Totally agree. It took me some time to figure the Do Not Disturb function. It is workable but does not match the Meeting mode on my Passport.
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    04-23-20 03:35 PM
27 12