I recently just added a Microsoft outlook account to the hub on my Key2 and for some reason calendar and contacts are not syncing of even showing up. When I try to add manually to calendar, it says "duplicate account" even though its nowhere to be seen in the calendar. I have tried to re-add account in the hub, i have cleared data on calendar, nothing seems to work.
    05-30-19 08:45 AM
    Anyone? @LiamQ?
    05-30-19 09:28 PM
    What type of MS account do you have and how have you set it up? POP, IMAP or MS Exchange?

E.g. if you have MS Home Edition, then to synch, you need to go via Outlook.com or similar.

It's relatively simple to do - if you know what you are doing ........
    05-31-19 12:33 AM
    Funny thing: My Microsoft account is the only one, that works fine with syncing my calender so far. And I tried a few...
    I'm using this server:
    outlook.office365.com

good luck.
    05-31-19 06:02 AM
    What type of MS account do you have and how have you set it up? POP, IMAP or MS Exchange?

E.g. if you have MS Home Edition, then to synch, you need to go via Outlook.com or similar.

It's relatively simple to do - if you know what you are doing ........
    It's set up as IMAP but not sure what type of account it is. Anywhere I can check that's. Using the server the post above suggested doesn't work.
    05-31-19 11:11 AM
    IMAP will not synch your calendar and contacts. You need to put them through an acti-synch or MS Exchange account. The easiest way to do this, presuming it is not a business account, is to open an Outlook.com account and synch them through that.
    05-31-19 11:15 AM
    IMAP will not synch your calendar and contacts. You need to put them through an acti-synch or MS Exchange account. The easiest way to do this, presuming it is not a business account, is to open an Outlook.com account and synch them through that.
    Hmm not sure what you mean. So if it is a business account there is no way to do this aside from setting up an outlook account? Which is also something I'm not sure what you mean about haha. I've never used outlook ever.
    05-31-19 11:30 AM
    If it was a business account then it is likely that it is hosted on a MS Exchange. If it is a personal account then it is very unlikely to be hosted. Hence why you then need an Outlook.com account or similar - for the Exchange function.
    05-31-19 11:36 AM
    If it was a business account then it is likely that it is hosted on a MS Exchange. If it is a personal account then it is very unlikely to be hosted. Hence why you then need an Outlook.com account or similar - for the Exchange function.
    Office365 e-mail hosting?
    05-31-19 11:38 AM
    In UK you pay for that. Outlook.com is free. So is GMail.
    05-31-19 11:50 AM
    In UK you pay for that. Outlook.com is free. So is GMail.
    Yes I understand that. I believe that many companies are moving from Exchange hosted e-mail to O365 e-mail hosting though.
    05-31-19 11:57 AM
    Office365 e-mail hosting?
    Yes I believe so actually. Any ideas?
    05-31-19 06:36 PM
    Yes I believe so actually. Any ideas?
    Are you the domain owner/manager or is someone else the administrator of your domain?
    05-31-19 07:38 PM
    Are you the domain owner/manager or is someone else the administrator of your domain?
    Someone else is owner.
    05-31-19 07:39 PM
    Someone else is owner.
    Basically instead of using Exchange server, the owner is outsourcing email and related functions to O365 and needs to allow syncing capabilities for calendar and contacts within their O365 admin rights control settings.
    05-31-19 07:47 PM
    Basically instead of using Exchange server, the owner is outsourcing email and related functions to O365 and needs to allow syncing capabilities for calendar and contacts within their O365 admin rights control settings.
    Okay I will let them know and see if that works.
    05-31-19 07:49 PM
    Someone else is owner.
    You need to contact whoever that is, or the IT department, ask what the domain and server names are, what the port number is, and anything else to set up email on an android phone. Don't tell them it's a BlackBerry or they'll assume the old BBOS phone as they all seem to do.

Then, set up a new account, using active-sync or Exchange, and plug in all the relevant information. Once it finds the server, it should then offer what all to sync. Usually calendar, contacts, notes and tasks.
    05-31-19 07:50 PM
    You need to contact whoever that is, or the IT department, ask what the domain and server names are, what the port number is, and anything else to set up email on an android phone. Don't tell them it's a BlackBerry or they'll assume the old BBOS phone as they all seem to do.

Then, set up a new account, using active-sync or Exchange, and plug in all the relevant information. Once it finds the server, it should then offer what all to sync. Usually calendar, contacts, notes and tasks.
    Don’t laugh at me, I’m no IT guy but I own a domain that I once was required to host with O365 to be allowed to contract for business with a specific company. As the owner administrator, I had some kind of control panel from O365 website.

I believe there are toggles for enabling sync. I dropped the contract and O365 so I no longer have access. The O365 allowed the company to no longer maintain Exchange server. I’m sure you know this but I’m reaching for brain regions I rarely use...
    05-31-19 07:57 PM
    If it is a corporate account, check with IT for setup. They have to enable the functionality. The server address earlier was the one I recall from one time to use when it is hosted via O365.

I recommend you set up an app password and use that on your device. Enter it as the password on your device instead of your actual login account. This way when you change your normal login password, you don't have to update it on your device. However, you will not be able to recover the app password for security reasons. So if you need to re-enter, delete it from your profile and regenerate another app password. I think there's a 40 app password limit per account that can be created for this purpose.

If you are using Outlook.com as the provider, the server address is eas.outlook.com. Port I use is 443. Set the option for SSL and the option for Push to on. For the most part, setup is the same as for O365 as Microsoft moved all outlook accounts to the same back end server platform as O365 a little over a year ago.

You want to use the Exchange Active Sync option to setup. I only have a BlackBerry Classic, but I believe the Android would have something similar.

Good luck.

Anders

Posted via CB10
    05-31-19 08:38 PM
    Thanks everyone. I will play around with this when I get a chance and report back.
    05-31-19 11:27 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=tHuYGJMm $5.00 a month. You can use the .onmicrosoft.com domain or import your custom one. Microsoft will be happy to assist you. It takes time and its not all working instantly.
    If bringing a custom domain into the 365 account do it on the weekend because the servers will need toime to update before your email is working again.

Setup process

The great part is for the rest of your life, all you have to do is type in the email and your password and everything automatically sets up and syncs.

You will less spam.
    You will have Hippa Compliant email security.
    High Quality performance and support. Unless you really want a compromised, insecure gmail account that the world WILL find out you own.....then don't do this.
    06-01-19 09:43 AM