I moved from Priv to Key2, so I'm still climbing the learning curve. I notice that the notification tray (or whatever its called at the top of the screen) shows a memory card icon, and when I pull it down it shows "SanDisk SD card for transferring photos and media". I know what it is and what its for, and would like to remove the icon as it takes up valuable space (I want the card to stay in system!!). Any advice for getting rid of the icon?
    12-13-18 10:22 AM
    I moved from Priv to Key2, so I'm still climbing the learning curve. I notice that the notification tray (or whatever its called at the top of the screen) shows a memory card icon, and when I pull it down it shows "SanDisk SD card for transferring photos and media". I know what it is and what its for, and would like to remove the icon as it takes up valuable space (I want the card to stay in system!!). Any advice for getting rid of the icon?
    Have you told the Key2 how you want to use the SD Card? You usually have two options. 1) Portable Storage - As a regular SD Card for storing pictures and things that can also be removed and shared with other devices.
    2) Make it kind of part of internal storage and it becomes one with your device and can't be shared any longer with any other device.

Settings + Storage ...

I think once one of these options is set, the icon should go away.
    hamilgs likes this.
    12-13-18 10:43 AM
    Thanks coffee-turtle. I followed your lead and realized that to make the card "portable" I would need to reformat the card, which I'm not yet ready to do, so I'll live with the icon a bit longer.
    Settings/Storage/tap on the card/Storage settings/Format/Erase & Format
    12-13-18 12:18 PM
    2) Make it kind of part of internal storage and it becomes one with your device and can't be shared any longer with any other device.

Settings + Storage
    Question... if I set it as option 2, then later on I want to use sim 2 (dual sim setup), can I just pop up the sdcard and replace with a sim card? And then switch back sdcard if I no longer need the sim?
    12-13-18 12:24 PM
    Question... if I set it as option 2, then later on I want to use sim 2 (dual sim setup), can I just pop up the sdcard and replace with a sim card? And then switch back sdcard if I no longer need the sim?
    I am not certain. When you reinsert the card, it might want you to set it back up again.
    Sorry. Perhaps you can run a little test first.
    12-13-18 12:45 PM
    Have you told the Key2 how you want to use the SD Card? You usually have two options. 1) Portable Storage - As a regular SD Card for storing pictures and things that can also be removed and shared with other devices.

Settings + Storage ...

I think once one of these options is set, the icon should go away.
    Today I bought 64GB microsd, insert into my key2... key2 detect but didnt ask me if I want to consider it as part of internal memory. Formatted the microsd and still the same. It is listed as external storage
    12-22-18 08:42 AM