They can still come back to mobile devices for business and enterprise users.

I doubt they will ever want to go against Apple or Samsung for that kind of market share.
    Apple and Samsung already own the business and enterprise users. What would a BlackBerry handset bring to the table?
    06-16-20 08:47 AM
    Apple and Samsung already own the business and enterprise users. What would a BlackBerry handset bring to the table?
    It's pretty clear business and enterprise don't need BlackBerry, and they don't need PKB phones either it seems.

Now that BlackBerry is gone, I do wish Samsung would give it it a go again. A PKB can't be any more niche than doing the XCover Pro - but I know it's a LONG shot at best.

But folks have to face the facts that BlackBerry hasn't been a business darling for almost a decade, and that at this point those customers are comfortable with what Apple and Samsung are offering. The number of business users that bought into the PRIV, KEYone or KEY2 aren't enough to justify any more BlackBerry phones.
    06-16-20 08:57 AM
    useless message. BB never was a huge part of smartphone history
    06-16-20 09:09 AM
    useless message. BB never was a huge part of smartphone history
    They aren't a factor today.... but back before consumers were buying smartphones, BlackBerry owned the smartphone business. Three out of five smartphone users had a BlackBerry - but back then that was mostly prosumers and business users with company provided phones. You went into a business meeting and most everyone there had one.

Can't ignore that back in the 2005 - 2009 period, BlackBerry was KING. So they do have a place in smartphone history. It just that in technology terms, it's ancient history... that doesn't help them today.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-16-20 09:19 AM
    They can still come back to mobile devices for business and enterprise users.

I doubt they will ever want to go against Apple or Samsung for that kind of market share.
    What exactly are business or enterprise customers today? Guess who leads in that space as well today? Reality is TCL went after that space three years ago only to learn that hard lesson
    06-16-20 10:22 AM
    Samsung A71. Checks all boxes but 1 and its just not certified. Can get one for 365 on Amazon.
    My Next phone ended up being as Samsung S20 + 5g

Pricing is obviously way more that planned but the deal I got with my provider (Telus) meant I went to unlimited data (throttled after 10 gigs) vs 2 gigs added the phone and had pretty much the same monthly payments. The phone itself works well (and much better after I got rid of the Samsung Bloatware, especially Bixby.) Battery life is tremendous. Apps that sucked power on the Key2 behave on Android 10. Apps from work run properly. I'm getting used to the keyboard but I still like the Key2 keyboard much better than the touch screen although some things are easier on the screen (entering numbers and letters at the same time for example.) Screen is great, cell and bluetooth reception is great, sound is better.

I still like my Key 2 but very happy with the S20

..Tom
    Last edited by V-Tom; 08-08-20 at 02:53 PM.
    08-08-20 02:41 PM
181 ... 678