I'm on a Key2 8.1 (ACU375). Set Chrome Dev as WebView, still have the problem.
    03-22-21 07:41 PM
    I'm on a Key2 8.1 (ACU375). Set Chrome Dev as WebView, still have the problem.
    Fixed it. I had to uninstall Chrome (remove all updates). Chrome still set as WebView implementation and uninstalled Chrome Dev. Working as expected now.
    CIBCSlayer likes this.
    03-22-21 08:07 PM
    I legit cleared the cache of every single app and 30+ second reboot, downloaded Chrome Dev, and no bueno.
    03-22-21 08:10 PM
    Fixed it. I had to uninstall Chrome (remove all updates). Chrome still set as WebView implementation and uninstalled Chrome Dev. Working as expected now.
    Same!

Thanks, Everyone!
    03-22-21 08:16 PM
    BB Key2 and Android 8.1.0 if that is the OS. When I started having the problem I downloaded the lates OS update thinking it may be a fix. Is this turning out to be a Android-wide issue?
    03-22-21 08:39 PM
    BB Key2 and Android 8.1.0 if that is the OS. When I started having the problem I downloaded the lates OS update thinking it may be a fix. Is this turning out to be a Android-wide issue?
    I haven't experienced it on any of my phones - KEYs, Pixel, Nokia. But I've always had Chrome Dev as my Webview implementation, so it never came up.
    03-22-21 08:46 PM
    Should I try uninstalling Chrome from my device? If so then what?
    03-22-21 08:47 PM
    Will they make another update to prevent the apps from crashing? We shouldn't have to disable chrome or make some other change just for our phones to work normally.
    03-22-21 08:52 PM
    Should I try uninstalling Chrome from my device? If so then what?
    Shouldn't have to. I have Chrome running. As long as it's not your Webview implementation, it shouldn't have anything to do with this.
    03-22-21 09:09 PM
    disabled chrome on my Keyone apps came back. haven't seen anything called WebView on my device . most my family's android phones have the same problems.
    CIBCSlayer likes this.
    03-22-21 09:32 PM
    Hi, all. I am having the same problem--my Hub has stopped working, certain apps have stopped working, android auto continues to work. This all happened suddenly around 6 pm, EST.
    How do I select WebView implementation?
    What menus do I have to go through?
    What should WebView implementation be set to?
    Thank you
    03-22-21 09:52 PM
    Same here. Tried the 30+ second reboot and still happening. Can't open emails nor most apps.
    Same here- something is askew and at hand
    03-22-21 10:06 PM
    It is Android wide issue. Google is aware and working on a fix
    CIBCSlayer likes this.
    03-22-21 10:14 PM
    Will they make another update to prevent the apps from crashing? We shouldn't have to disable chrome or make some other change just for our phones to work normally.
    https://9to5google.com/2021/03/22/an...shing-webview/
    03-22-21 10:15 PM
    Lots of great help here. My wifes Key2 started crashing apps around 6pm tonight. Messenger, Email (BlueMail), Weather app. I even installed Outlook. It setup great, imported a pile of mail, then shutdown :-( Will advise tomorrow on my fix attempt. Too late now
    CIBCSlayer likes this.
    03-22-21 10:21 PM
    Lots of great help here. My wifes Key2 started crashing apps around 6pm tonight. Messenger, Email (BlueMail), Weather app. I even installed Outlook. It setup great, imported a pile of mail, then shutdown :-( Will advise tomorrow on my fix attempt. Too late now
    Simply go to Play Store and uninstall Android WebView and reboot and you will be up and running
    03-22-21 10:50 PM
    Simply go to Play Store and uninstall Android WebView and reboot and you will be up and running
    That's not a great solution though. There are a number of issues that will crop up with an old version of Webview.

Unless you're not using a KEY device - in which case you may not have much choice.
    CIBCSlayer likes this.
    03-22-21 10:51 PM
    That's not a great solution though. There are a number of issues that will crop up with an old version of Webview.

Unless you're not using a KEY device - in which case you may not have much choice.
    That's what Google and Samsung are advising until Google fixes WebView per that article I attached.
    03-22-21 11:01 PM
    That's what Google and Samsung are advising until Google fixes WebView per that article I attached.
    On a Samsung, you don't have a choice because they won't allow choosing Chrome.

However, there are a lot of security issues with a Webview that old. I'd download something in the range of v87 or '88.

It's v89 that appears to be the problem.
    03-22-21 11:07 PM
    Of course, this solution doesn't work on Oreo, as Chrome is the default Webview implementation - thus requiring the Chrome Dev route.
    03-22-21 11:15 PM
    Of course, this solution doesn't work on Oreo, as Chrome is the default Webview implementation - thus requiring the Chrome Dev route.
    It does work if you already have Chrome disabled as I do on my BE KeyOne. My default is Android WebView. I uninstalled through GPS as was advised in the 9 to 5 Google article and then rebooted and all functionality returned.
    03-23-21 01:11 AM
    BBF100-2 Model
    Running Android 8.1.0 Feb 5, 2021
    Build Number ACU375
    North America (Canada)

Today, when opening BlackBerry Hub + Inbox, Native Calendar, Messenger, Gmail, Outlook for Office 365 (to name a few), the app allows me to preview the information. However, the moment I attempt to go deeper in the app, the app momentarily freezes and then crashes. When I use the Overview Button, the app is still launched, and when I select it again, the same loop occurs.

Any suggestions?
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/this...shing_id130929

Uninstall Android System WebView Update and the whole crashing of apps will stop automatically.

More info from the above link posted.
    03-23-21 01:39 AM
    I noticed that Chrome is sitting in my available updates in Play Store this morning. I don't allow for 'auto updates' for reasons like happened to us all yesterday. Should I update it? And why is it I do not see this Android Webview everyone is talking about in my list of existing apps loaded on my Key2? I also don't see it on my old Key1 I keep as a WiFi device now. When I search for it on Play Store it says "disabled" below.
    03-23-21 05:37 AM
    I noticed that Chrome is sitting in my available updates in Play Store this morning. I don't allow for 'auto updates' for reasons like happened to us all yesterday. Should I update it? And why is it I do not see this Android Webview everyone is talking about in my list of existing apps loaded on my Key2? I also don't see it on my old Key1 I keep as a WiFi device now. When I search for it on Play Store it says "disabled" below.
    The update fixed my issue.
    03-23-21 06:28 AM
    Great Find..............................well done! !
    robnhl likes this.
    03-23-21 08:00 AM
77 1234