Updating Google Chrome seems to have fixed the issue for me too. Thanks all!
    03-23-21 08:41 AM
    Can anyone tell my why both my Key1 and Key2 do not have the Android System WebView app? I am looking for it under Installed in My Apps When I search for it on Play Store it says "disabled" below.
    03-23-21 08:44 AM
    Can anyone tell my why both my Key1 and Key2 do not have the Android System WebView app? I am looking for it under Installed in My Apps When I search for it on Play Store it says "disabled" below.
    Did you click on the three dots in the upper right and select show system apps?

Mine also said disabled, but like I said above, the Chrome update that was pushed out last night fixed the problem.
    03-23-21 09:03 AM
    Because Oreo defaults to using Chrome as the Webview implementation.

That's why the fix for them was to upgrade to Chrome Dev until an updated Chrome came out.
    Flatman likes this.
    03-23-21 09:18 AM
    If one doesn't use Chrome or disables it as I do then you can just update Android WebView now and that does the trick as well. The quick fix to uninstall the latest version of Android WebView worked temporarily yesterday.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/22/2...system-webview
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-23-21 10:11 AM
    If one doesn't use Chrome or disables it as I do then you can just update Android WebView now and that does the trick as well. The quick fix to uninstall the latest version of Android WebView worked temporarily yesterday.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/22/2...system-webview
    Everything is updated now regardless of what anyone's setup was.
    03-23-21 10:18 AM
    Updating Google Chrome seems to have fixed the issue for me too. Thanks all!
    Any advice on successfully updating Google Chrome. Whenever I click "update" things work normally for a few seconds and I get anywhere from 0-56% downloaded and it freezes. I finally cancel and try again and the same thing happens over and over (I am on a KeyOne)
    03-23-21 12:25 PM
    Any advice on successfully updating Google Chrome. Whenever I click "update" things work normally for a few seconds and I get anywhere from 0-56% downloaded and it freezes. I finally cancel and try again and the same thing happens over and over (I am on a KeyOne)
    Clear caches in both Play Services and Play Store, and then do a 32 second reboot.
    03-23-21 12:27 PM
    Was wondering if it was your internal memory that was full. Other than that I don't have a fix. Maybe the advice to clear caches will free up the needed space. Let us know if you have success.
    03-23-21 12:52 PM
    Was wondering if it was your internal memory that was full. Other than that I don't have a fix. Maybe the advice to clear caches will free up the needed space. Let us know if you have success.
    Mine kicked in after I did the long reboot.
    03-23-21 12:54 PM
    Hi Conite. You mentioned the 32 second reboot a few times. Is that just holding down the on/off button for 32 seconds? When I tried it, all it did was keep trying to shut down repetitive times and the Blackberry logo that comes up on reboot kept showing up then disappearing over and over. Was I doing it right? and what does that accomplish, resetting the phone to factory settings?
    03-23-21 12:57 PM
    Hi Conite. You mentioned the 32 second reboot a few times. Is that just holding down the on/off button for 32 seconds? When I tried it, all it did was keep trying to shut down repetitive times and the Blackberry logo that comes up on reboot kept showing up then disappearing over and over. Was I doing it right? and what does that accomplish, resetting the phone to factory settings?
    That's correct, and that's what it's supposed to do.

It's just a deeper reboot - settings are safe.
    03-23-21 12:58 PM
    Thanks.
    03-23-21 12:59 PM
    Clear caches in both Play Services and Play Store, and then do a 32 second reboot.
    Nuts. Still not working. The "downloading" circle just keeps spinning on the Chrome Update. Unsure if I let it go indefinitely or keep canceling and re-trying.
    03-23-21 01:10 PM
    Nuts. Still not working. The "downloading" circle just keeps spinning on the Chrome Update. Unsure if I let it go indefinitely or keep canceling and re-trying.
    Install it manually then.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/
    03-23-21 01:22 PM
    That fixed it for me, thank you! And to everyone else. This has been pretty annoying since yesterday evening, I never would have figured it out on my own. Still love my BBK2, but that was no good!
    03-23-21 01:30 PM
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do I do...I was able to finally load TapaTalk on my KeyOne and clicked on the link, but am not following the prompts well. Do I need to try and uninstall Chrome first?
    03-23-21 01:39 PM
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do I do...I was able to finally load TapaTalk on my KeyOne and clicked on the link, but am not following the prompts well. Do I need to try and uninstall Chrome first?
    Just download the apk from the link and then install it from your file manager.
    03-23-21 01:43 PM
    BB Keyone with Android 7.1.1. Lost ability to open emails. Disabling and reinstalling chrome fixed it for me.
    03-23-21 03:28 PM
    That fixed it for me, thank you! And to everyone else. This has been pretty annoying since yesterday evening, I never would have figured it out on my own. Still love my BBK2, but that was no good!
    It happened on most Android devices, but agree it was a wonky issue.
    03-23-21 07:26 PM
    Just download the apk from the link and then install it from your file manager.
    Thank you. My phone was entirely resistant to that, but after trying to update Chrome over 2 dozen times, it finally worked and I am up and running again. Thank you everyone!
    03-23-21 07:47 PM
    It happened on most Android devices, but agree it was a wonky issue.
    From what I had read the issue did not discriminate as to device. Samsung, Pixel, LG, BlackBerry, etc all affected
    03-23-21 08:35 PM
    Kind of pathetic if you ask me. If one has all updates set to never automatically update, in theory this shouldn't be able to happen (eg: a bad update to something somehow still happen and mess up many other things). However, that seems to be what has happened. I guess "do not auto update" doesn't really fully control such in Android does it?
    03-23-21 08:46 PM
    I'm still getting apps crashing.

Android System Webview is disabled and I cant re-enable it.

I guess I'll have to enable and update Chrome then.
    04-20-21 12:51 PM
    I'm still getting apps crashing.

Android System Webview is disabled and I cant re-enable it.

I guess I'll have to enable and update Chrome then.
    Go for it.
    04-20-21 06:13 PM
77 1234