So I bought a used Key2 at the end of December. It was in good shape but the screen had a couple large scratches on it. Got the screen replaced on February 1. A couple days ago, I noticed the left side of the screen starting to lift. Had to switch back to my Pixel 2 until I could get it in today to get it fixed. I couldn't believe how quickly I got super frustrated with using the Pixel. Typing on glass again just made me crazy.

I just love the keyboard on this phone. Not just for typing but also for the shortcuts which I use for opening all my apps. It really gives you a unique way to interact with your phone compared to every other phone out there.

I know it's not for everyone and that's fine, but I just love my Key 2! Two days without it was more than enough for me.
    03-20-19 11:01 PM
    So I bought a used Key2 at the end of December. It was in good shape but the screen had a couple large scratches on it. Got the screen replaced on February 1. A couple days ago, I noticed the left side of the screen starting to lift. Had to switch back to my Pixel 2 until I could get it in today to get it fixed. I couldn't believe how quickly I got super frustrated with using the Pixel. Typing on glass again just made me crazy.

I just love the keyboard on this phone. Not just for typing but also for the shortcuts which I use for opening all my apps. It really gives you a unique way to interact with your phone compared to every other phone out there.

I know it's not for everyone and that's fine, but I just love my Key 2! Two days without it was more than enough for me.
    Glad you're enjoying it. Pixel 2XL is an amazing camera phone, even 1.5 years later.
    But obviously typing on it is gonna be underwhelming just like any other piece of glass.

As for your screen lifting, go back to whoever did the repair as they may not have glued it properly
    03-20-19 11:43 PM
    Yeah. I sold a Pixel 2 XL to get this phone. Loved that phone too but wanted to try a BlackBerry again. Kept my Pixel 2 for photos and as a back up phone.

I did take it back to the place that did the work. They re-glued it and hopefully it sticks this time.
    03-20-19 11:46 PM
    Well I just got my KEY2 Red Edition and Love it!

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ition-1167853/
    Spidey134 likes this.
    03-28-19 12:42 PM

I had a Z10 for three years before I got my Priv for three years and 3 months. Result of the keyboard statistic? 900.000 words on the keyboard and 2.500 off on the screen. The screen will do for the odd YouTube search or password entry - but even the latter is better on the physical keyboard.

I skipped the KeyOne (my mother has that one) and finally got the Key2.
    It is more fluid than the Priv, the Android is worse (Google is unable to design well structured interfaces...) - the keyboard is nice, but somehow I am struggling to type as efficiently as on the Priv right now...
    Maybe it is the key travel? Desired on a laptop but less desirable on a phone? The keys on the Priv had less travel than the Key2. On the Priv I felt at home right away coming from my Z10. The Key2? It is nice, it is good - but I may need some more time to get fully used to it.

However the responsiveness of the OS is much appreciated. Then again, how shoddily is android programmed to consuming over 2GB of RAM doing nothing? I am hard pressed to push a Linux laptop over 2GB in "normal use" ... 250MB for the kernel, 250MB for Plasma 5, 250MB for Skype/Wire each if open brings me to 1GB of RAM use. Add Firefox on top and I typically hit 1.6GB of used RAM ... Android? Let's idle at 2...
    (Of course I can push RAM usage, just do some heavy computing, easy.)

So am I happy with the Key2? In combination with the price paid and the smoother operation compared to the Priv, yes. However I hate the mess Google made of Android... 6 on the Priv was bad enough, however better organised than 8...
    The fact that the design keeps developing to appeal to nursery school children is also not to my liking....
    But well, I was spoilt by the well structured BlackBerry OS and the BlackBerry 10...
    (And also Linux... Plasma 5 is so much more efficient than Windows...)
    Rico4you and Spidey134 like this.
    03-30-19 12:27 PM
    the key 2 is the best phone out!
    Bob80220, Bravestar79 and Rico4you like this.
    03-30-19 05:22 PM
    I can't even fathom using another phone. Seriously. I got a Samsung S10+ from my work and just couldn't use it. It's great for media consumption/gaming but not to get s**t done like my Key2 can - shortcuts/speed key, Hub, etc I do wonder what I do without it! the 6GB of RAM is really helpful too, no slowdown at all, even from when I had my first Key2 last year!
    Rico4you and Spidey134 like this.
    03-31-19 02:46 PM
    I love my KEY2 Silver that went and got a KEY2 RED Edition ! Love this 128gb and Dual Sim all wrapped in the most gorgeous device I have ever had! Love it
    Spidey134 likes this.
    03-31-19 03:01 PM
    The 'Shortcut' key feature is cool AF! I use it all the time for preprogrammed app access. Works beautifully.
    04-01-19 03:47 PM
    My PRIV's battery was dying and so I went out and ordered a Key2.

Had to wait because none in stock. Wound up with SIX GIG of main memory and 128G of storage.

Smoking performance! I'm incredibly happy.
    04-01-19 04:41 PM