With my KeyOne I was able to push the button on my steering wheel and say, "Call XXXX" and the phone would dial the number even with the phone still in my pocket. Right now pushing the button in my car isn't doing anything. Anyone know what that setting is and how to turn it on?

The car connects to the phone via bluetooth once the call is made, I just can't activate calling.
    12-28-21 04:52 PM
    With my KeyOne I was able to push the button on my steering wheel and say, "Call XXXX" and the phone would dial the number even with the phone still in my pocket. Right now pushing the button in my car isn't doing anything. Anyone know what that setting is and how to turn it on?

The car connects to the phone via bluetooth once the call is made, I just can't activate calling.
    Did you change cars? Did you previously rely on the Car or KeyOne Bluetooth commands, and now the car trying to use google assistant or Android Auto?
    12-28-21 05:33 PM
    Did you change cars? Did you previously rely on the Car or KeyOne Bluetooth commands, and now the car trying to use google assistant or Android Auto?
    Same car but new phone. Not saying that it's not a setting in the car, but the phone is what changed from KeyOne to Key2.
    12-28-21 08:19 PM
    I guess I never setup google assistant on the phone. I had to launch it and go through and opt out of all their crap and now it works. Imagine, I haven't set up a new phone since 2017??? Here's to another 5 years with this one.
    12-28-21 08:48 PM
    Great that you got it working.
    12-28-21 08:55 PM
    I guess I never setup google assistant on the phone. I had to launch it and go through and opt out of all their crap and now it works. Imagine, I haven't set up a new phone since 2017??? Here's to another 5 years with this one.
    We're you previously also using google assistant for your other Key.
    12-28-21 09:21 PM
    It's the Google assistant that give you the voice commands unless you've got Samsung in which case you can use Bixby
    12-28-21 09:43 PM
    We're you previously also using google assistant for your other Key.
    Probably, I had it since 2017 so I imagine I set it up somewhere along the way. When???
    12-28-21 10:08 PM
    It's the Google assistant that give you the voice commands unless you've got Samsung in which case you can use Bixby
    Didn't realize it was a google thing, I thought my car was doing it...

Except now, I notice the google app pops up on my phone when I do it, I never noticed it on my KeyOne so it must have ran in the background. I wonder where that setting was???
    12-28-21 10:10 PM
    In some cases, it is the car, not the phone.
    12-29-21 06:06 AM
    Friends don't let friends use Bixby.
    12-30-21 02:41 AM
    Friends don't let friends use Bixby.
    I guess Samsung isn't our friend for not letting users disable all Bixby services entirely (without rooting).
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    12-30-21 12:50 PM
    I guess Samsung isn't our friend for not letting users disable all Bixby services entirely (without rooting).
    Hmmm. Mine is turned off and not used. I guess I haven't checked to see if something about it is still running in the background, but is there a concern that it is doing stuff on its own?
    12-30-21 01:54 PM
    Hmmm. Mine is turned off and not used. I guess I haven't checked to see if something about it is still running in the background, but is there a concern that it is doing stuff on its own?
    Not really a problem anymore but in the S8 - S9 days with the dedicated Bixby button, you needed to use button remapper to use it for something else and it wasn't nearly as smooth as BB's convenience key.
    12-30-21 02:09 PM
    We agree on this. I know Samsung is the leading Android manufacturer, but there are reasons I've been using flagship LG phones instead, and that's one of them. I have ZERO interest in the Samsung ecosystem, and so when my parents and sister recently had to upgrade their old phones for 5G, and they all got Samsung replacements, I made sure to de-Samsung them as much as possible, and you'd better believe that Bixby has been banished to the extent possible.
    01-02-22 06:29 AM
    We agree on this. I know Samsung is the leading Android manufacturer, but there are reasons I've been using flagship LG phones instead, and that's one of them. I have ZERO interest in the Samsung ecosystem, and so when my parents and sister recently had to upgrade their old phones for 5G, and they all got Samsung replacements, I made sure to de-Samsung them as much as possible, and you'd better believe that Bixby has been banished to the extent possible.
    I don't use Bixby but is it really any worse than Google Assistant? Same question for Samsung email client app vs Gmail client, Samsung Internet App vs Google Chrome, or Google Play Store vs Galaxy Store?
    01-02-22 08:05 AM
    I don't use Bixby but is it really any worse than Google Assistant? Same question for Samsung email client app vs Gmail client, Samsung Internet App vs Google Chrome, or Google Play Store vs Galaxy Store?
    I think biggest problem with anything not Google on Android is that Google ultimately controls the OS so it can adjust policies that affect everyone's separate ecosystems and customizations like how BBHub was crippled when comparing 2015-2017-2019 evolution.
    01-02-22 12:50 PM
    I think biggest problem with anything not Google on Android is that Google ultimately controls the OS so it can adjust policies that affect everyone's separate ecosystems and customizations like how BBHub was crippled when comparing 2015-2017-2019 evolution.
    Sure, I agree. However, my point was about questioning if Samsung as a massive device manufacturer is any worse than Google or Apple in terms of what they are harvesting out of the users of their devices.
    01-02-22 01:01 PM
    Sure, I agree. However, my point was about questioning if Samsung as a massive device manufacturer is any worse than Google or Apple in terms of what they are harvesting out of the users of their devices.
    I hadn't purchased anything from them personally for almost 10 years since I found better deals in most electronics from whoever is #2 in the respective category. In mobile, the few times I purchased Android Flagships, LG was the go-to OEM for me with the G then V series.

Recently had a good deal on a Chromebook then Galaxy A13 so I've bought a couple recently. I don't think of them as better or worse but simply another variant.
    01-02-22 01:13 PM
    Google gives you quite a bit of control over your voice searches - including viewing and even deleting your voice history, whether you allow Google to share your recordings with third parties for voice analysis and other things, etc. Samsung gives you none of that. Bixby only exists to drive you to buying more proprietary Samsung stuff (much like Apple), while Google Assistant - despite it's own problems and limitations - works with a huge ecosystem of other devices and brands and, for example, works with Android Auto.

Google is going to get my info already - using Android, that's unavoidable. But I don't need to share it with Samsung too.
    spARTacus likes this.
    01-04-22 03:45 AM