I finally made the leap. K2 is coming from Amazon Tues. Will comment soon.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-05-18 10:40 PM
    Congratulations you will love it great device.
    08-05-18 10:47 PM
    I finally made the leap. K2 is coming from Amazon Tues. Will comment soon.
    Let us know!!!
    08-05-18 10:56 PM
    I almost thought you bought a BlackBerry Leap for a second there...
    08-06-18 04:37 AM
    welcome to the family son
    08-06-18 05:02 AM
    Congrats, Welcome!!
    08-06-18 05:23 AM
    welcome to the family son
    I have been in the family since my 8820. This is just the latest attempt to wean off my Classic.

The Priv and K1 failed.
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    08-07-18 07:27 AM
    I have been in the family since my 8820. This is just the latest attempt to wean off my Classic.

The Priv and K1 failed.
    I also tried and returned priv/keyone. Love key2!!!
    08-07-18 10:41 AM
    Key2 is wicked awesome. At least it is for me
    08-07-18 11:01 AM

The Priv and K1 failed.
    Same here, even Passport SE failed.
    Key2 is far from perfect and i miss my Classic, but i finally have a modern device AND a usable PKB.
    08-07-18 03:36 PM
    I went from a Bold 9930 to the Priv...and that was a disaster! LOL. Loved the Bold. Wasn't much for the internet, and with the small screen, I didn't really think it was a device per se. But for email, contacts, calendar, etc. -- the Bold was excellent.
    08-07-18 04:49 PM
    I had a 9900, I flew from screen to screen. copy paste Email text doc's.
    I changed to a Z10 it was a struggle with the early bugs. Then to a passport, the BB10 was steaming forward then bang it stopped. I picked up a priv for 2 years, a great phone. The only reason I moved to the key2 was because of the physical attraction and the finger print sensor. (The priv double tap swipe enter my pass, it was tiresome ) now just touch the space bar and I am in. I love this phone so far.
    08-07-18 06:16 PM
    Will comment soon.
    Well - it is here.
    The K2 is currently charging and my Classic is in the middle of Content Transfer. (Which is taking FOREVER.) So I figured I would take the opportunity to post my initial "unboxing" type comments.

1) the keyboard is good. Just good. Not superb or fantastic. If I gave my Classic a 10, I would give the K2 maybe an 8.5. Way better than my Priv or the K1, but not as good as my Classic or my Bold. I miss the contoured keys of the Classic right out of the box. But I like the matte finish of the K2. This might be a "get used to it" thing.

2) the phone is lighter than expected. It feels lighter than the Classic for instance, but not by much. Then again, it is approx a cm taller.

3) to my hand, it feels a little top heavy or off balance. Not nearly as bad as the Priv though. I get that I am coming off a Classic with a particularly balanced design. That said, I would think they could put heavier things under the keyboard to pull the weight lower. Just sayin'.

4) I have a silver edition from the most recent Amazon group. (I have not turned on yet so I don't know build date.) The space bar is not noticably loose and it is not a whole lot more "clicky" than the other keys. I would say all keys are audible and the spacebar is more so, but if the issue had not been mentioned here, I do not think I would have noticed.

5) On an marginally unrelated note - content transfer tells me that I have a total of 278 pictures. They were carried over from my Bold. I have had my Classic close to four years? I had the Bold for a few years before that. I guess the total picture haul would constitute at least 6 or 7 years. Suffice to say, I do not really need a camera on my phone.

6) I dont like the shield logo on the screen protective film. I would prefer it to be clear and unadorned. I recall the Bold had a clear film - and I just left it as a defacto screen protector. It worked well for a very long time. (Clearly a nit - but....).

7) The written instructions are entirely useless. Do not bother with them at all.

8) The build quality seems excellent. I bought a Vinve case in black. So, I suspect I will effectively have a black edition with silver frets between the keys. I already like the look. My IT guy was in house when the phone arrived. He was very favorably impressed by the look, for what that is worth.

Sheesh - all this, and I have not even turned the thing on yet. So - more to come.

BTW - content transfer is just at 132 out of 278 pics - as I said - SLOW.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-07-18 09:25 PM
    Since the phone is lighter, does it mean it's not as top heavy as the key1. With the key1, if im htyping with my hands a little low, or reaching with one hand to take a photo, it feels that the weight of the top is pulling down, that i almost lost grip of the phone. How does the key2 feel ?
    08-07-18 10:14 PM
    The Key2 has excellent weight distribution in my opinion much better than the Keyone had.
    08-07-18 10:50 PM
    Since the phone is lighter, does it mean it's not as top heavy as the key1. With the key1, if im htyping with my hands a little low, or reaching with one hand to take a photo, it feels that the weight of the top is pulling down, that i almost lost grip of the phone. How does the key2 feel ?
    K2 is definitely less top heavy than my K1 was. Weight difference between the 2 is barely noticeable. By the way, the backing on the K2 is much less slippery than the K1.
    08-08-18 01:20 AM
    Well - it is here.
    The K2 is currently charging and my Classic is in the middle of Content Transfer. (Which is taking FOREVER.) So I figured I would take the opportunity to post my initial "unboxing" type comments.

1) the keyboard is good. Just good. Not superb or fantastic. If I gave my Classic a 10, I would give the K2 maybe an 8.5. Way better than my Priv or the K1, but not as good as my Classic or my Bold. I miss the contoured keys of the Classic right out of the box. But I like the matte finish of the K2. This might be a "get used to it" thing.

2) the phone is lighter than expected. It feels lighter than the Classic for instance, but not by much. Then again, it is approx a cm taller.

3) to my hand, it feels a little top heavy or off balance. Not nearly as bad as the Priv though. I get that I am coming off a Classic with a particularly balanced design. That said, I would think they could put heavier things under the keyboard to pull the weight lower. Just sayin'.

4) I have a silver edition from the most recent Amazon group. (I have not turned on yet so I don't know build date.) The space bar is not noticably loose and it is not a whole lot more "clicky" than the other keys. I would say all keys are audible and the spacebar is more so, but if the issue had not been mentioned here, I do not think I would have noticed.

5) On an marginally unrelated note - content transfer tells me that I have a total of 278 pictures. They were carried over from my Bold. I have had my Classic close to four years? I had the Bold for a few years before that. I guess the total picture haul would constitute at least 6 or 7 years. Suffice to say, I do not really need a camera on my phone.

6) I dont like the shield logo on the screen protective film. I would prefer it to be clear and unadorned. I recall the Bold had a clear film - and I just left it as a defacto screen protector. It worked well for a very long time. (Clearly a nit - but....).

7) The written instructions are entirely useless. Do not bother with them at all.

8) The build quality seems excellent. I bought a Vinve case in black. So, I suspect I will effectively have a black edition with silver frets between the keys. I already like the look. My IT guy was in house when the phone arrived. He was very favorably impressed by the look, for what that is worth.

Sheesh - all this, and I have not even turned the thing on yet. So - more to come.

BTW - content transfer is just at 132 out of 278 pics - as I said - SLOW.
    The phone is now running. Let charge overnight. Build date is 7-24-18. Amazing how fast it got to me post manufacture it is not as easy to type on it as the Classic. It definitely feels top heavy by comparison.

I fine the fingerprint sensor to be less responsive than the K1. But it i
    Only a day. Big difference sitting up vs laying down.

Backlight on KB needs to be brighter. But compared to Classic...

Screen feels better than th K1 but could. Be imagination.

Reception is not as good as Classic in my home. Will know more as I get around town.
    08-09-18 12:17 AM
    Continued update.

AT&T found the IMEI number was not being picked up correctly. That has been updated and we will see how that helps reception or not.

Used the phone on vacation in Quebec last week. Seemed to work fine. All functions as expected. Battery was terrific. Maps did not kill usage.
    There is still something I cannot put my finger on that bugs me though.
    gebco likes this.
    08-15-18 11:16 AM