Two issues so far I am experiencing that I hope BlackBerry can fix very quickly - Calendar app is jittery and laggy when moving between month, week, day. Also - the screen flickers when switching between screens. I saw this was in another forum - hopefully this is a software update that can be pushed out quickly. Hardware and keyboard is amazing - keep it up! This phone got me to switch - but it needs to be perfect (hardware is IMO) to justify the price and get users like me back to this great brand.
    the_boon and JOHNGAETANO like this.
    07-14-18 01:38 PM
    Two issues so far I am experiencing that I hope BlackBerry can fix very quickly - Calendar app is jittery and laggy when moving between month, week, day. Also - the screen flickers when switching between screens. I saw this was in another forum - hopefully this is a software update that can be pushed out quickly. Hardware and keyboard is amazing - keep it up! This phone got me to switch - but it needs to be perfect (hardware is IMO) to justify the price and get users like me back to this great brand.
    Welcome back to the brand! I wish you weren't experiencing issues. I haven't had any screen flickering or lag personally, but I'm also only using my KEY2 without a SIM until I receive my OEM flip case and a screen protector.

In the meantime, I'm on my KEYone and the only things I've noticed are benefits, so far, for my limited KEY2 usage.

There could be some little things than need ironing out because it's brand new (sort of).

I check daily for BlackBerry App updates, even if I don't see an update notification because they update their apps quite a bit (which is good).
    William Reed1 likes this.
    07-14-18 04:15 PM
    welcome back! I've used blackberries, and nothing else, since the curve/bold days. went from all the curves, some of the bolds, then the 9720, then Q10, PRIV, KEYone, now KEY2 whenever one of the previous devices were released I always thought I had the best phone going. but they seemed to outdate ever so quickly. even the KEYone is way outdated now. but the KEY2 - even though it has just been released, it is very modern/current and I think it'll remain that way for quite a while. From personal experience, in my opinion, it is the best blackberry yet!
    07-14-18 04:22 PM
    Great to see you back on Blackberry. We are a small but loyal bunch. With great phones like the KEYtwo, I am hoping our numbers will grow. Blackberry (Crackberry - all staff) have rewarded us with great service. I can't think of any other company that treats there customer as well!
    07-14-18 05:03 PM
    Welcome back, glad you are here!! Good luck and feel free to ask any questions. Everyone on the forum is very helpful.
    07-14-18 05:41 PM
    Thanks! I would call the Key 2 a 98% perfect phone for me. Just those two thing so far that I think need fixed ASAP. The build and look / feel of this phone is incredible. Keyoboard is amazing. I do miss iMessage and apple app quality (looking at you Google) - but the hardware package and speed key make up for it IMO.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    07-14-18 09:00 PM
    There's always something special about every new BlackBerry I've ever owned. I always felt, feel, and will probably continue to feel like I'm using something of quality and is unique. Like a fancy watch or a Leatherman multi-tool, but for data and telecommunications.

Each one ends up being my 'favorate ever' because that's the way these telephones make me feel. It's like they've discovered the perfect recipe that appeals to my mind and way of thinking. Love it.
    07-15-18 12:10 AM
    Have you tried disabling the built in calendar and downloading the native Google calendar? I switched from iPhone (2007-2018) to KeyOne and am very happy with the flexibility and customization on Android. However, I had some sort of trouble (don't recall what) with BlackBerry's Calendar and just use the Google one. It is fast and reliable. I also disabled all the other BlackBerry apps except Launcher and Privacy Shade. I just like using the native Google versions when possible.

I had to switch to Google Voice because I could not get standard SMS to work reliably due to poor coverage in my area. I don't recommend doing this unless you continue to have SMS issues, as some features are a little more work on Google Voice. But it brings back the reliability of iMessage for me.
    07-15-18 01:38 AM
    The current version of the BlackBerry calendar app is very clunky. It's not just you. There's been lots of complaints on Google Play after the latest update to the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-18 01:52 AM