Ask my friends. I have read a lot of news, forums, official websites, and other news media. Is there any BlackBerry release information about the next generation of mobile phones? Does anyone know? Or does BlackBerry really not release any mobile phone products in the future?
    07-09-20 10:01 PM
    BlackBerry got out of smartphones back in 2016.... other than some app development and licensing management which seems to both be winding down.

The cost of their building and selling smartphones... far exceeds the demand the market has for their products.
    07-10-20 09:20 AM
    I guess it's a waiting game for "if" someone is willing to take on the BlackBerry name and make a phone, if at all. #istillhaveshares
    07-10-20 09:30 AM
    I guess it's a waiting game for "if" someone is willing to take on the BlackBerry name and make a phone, if at all. #istillhaveshares
    If you still have shares in BlackBerry, you shouldn't want them to go near making smartphones again.

And should know the economic just aren't there to cover Android Secure and HUB+ development. But that the name with only IP would risk the overall brand.

If we do see another BlackBerry.... it will be after company is taken private (or worse) and assets sold off.
    07-10-20 09:59 AM
    God no, they should continue to runaway from making smartphones for sure. I do believe when BlackBerry gets a stronger foothold with its software, they will be bought. I actually don't believe anyone will take on the name and make a branded phone (even though I am on my 8th device).
    07-10-20 10:03 AM
    I assume you want to see a new PKB device?
    07-11-20 10:53 AM
    I've give up on BlackBerry devices. my current experience with the key2's space bar has shattered my preference for the device. I sent it in for repairs, they kept it for over 6 weeks and returned it "fixed" and it's not! the unihertz now looks attractive
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-11-20 11:01 AM
    God no, they should continue to runaway from making smartphones for sure. I do believe when BlackBerry gets a stronger foothold with its software, they will be bought. I actually don't believe anyone will take on the name and make a branded phone (even though I am on my 8th device).
    I kind of feel this as well. They will get scooped up for their tech and patents. Phones are done. Secure Android as they have done it is not attractive to the current market.
    07-11-20 07:58 PM
    Seem to be a lot of these "will there be another BB phone" from first and last post.
    07-11-20 09:52 PM