Just got it activated today at ATT. Brought it home, turned it on and set the fingerprint sensor. Then it uploaded a software update. Turned it back on, and now its demanding 'PIN required after device restarts.' I never put a PIN into it! Agggh! Never had an android and I miss my Passport already. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    07-02-19 11:32 PM
    Just got it activated today at ATT. Brought it home, turned it on and set the fingerprint sensor. Then it uploaded a software update. Turned it back on, and now its demanding 'PIN required after device restarts.' I never put a PIN into it!
    Are you sure about that? You have to set up a PIN or a Password to even add a fingerprint.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    07-03-19 12:13 AM
    Thanks for responding. Yes, I set up a Google account and password before adding the fingerprint. But I did not enter a PIN. However, the phone, after the software update, asked me to enter a PIN on a numeric keyboard, not a password. How do I enter a Google password on a numeric keyboard? Anyway, did a hard reset by entering bogus PIN 10 times, and this time entered a PIN. Yikes, where did I put my rotary phone?
    hamilgs and DanylW like this.
    07-03-19 12:58 AM
    Thanks for responding. Yes, I set up a Google account and password before adding the fingerprint. But I did not enter a PIN. However, the phone, after the software update, asked me to enter a PIN on a numeric keyboard, not a password. How do I enter a Google password on a numeric keyboard? Anyway, did a hard reset by entering bogus PIN 10 times, and this time entered a PIN. Yikes, where did I put my rotary phone?
    Saw an old serial (black and white anyway) that had a portable phone that had a rotary dial on it.... sometimes Hollywood has a hard time with the future. As great as Star Trek was in the 60's... the physical buttons, cassette disks and tiny screen on the tricorder are dated.
    07-03-19 08:53 AM
    Saw an old serial (black and white anyway) that had a portable phone that had a rotary dial on it.... sometimes Hollywood has a hard time with the future. As great as Star Trek was in the 60's... the physical buttons, cassette disks and tiny screen on the tricorder are dated.
    Given what a tricorder can do, I can live with the tiny screen. Does Amazon sell them?
    hamilgs and coffee-turtle like this.
    07-03-19 09:27 AM
    the show was made for a 60's audience. it was cool at the time, and I don't mind the stories of most of the episodes.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    07-03-19 12:43 PM
    I like the old Ironside and Cannon episodes with their rotary mobile devices....

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 03:50 PM
    the show was made for a 60's audience. it was cool at the time, and I don't mind the stories of most of the episodes.
    Whoa! Cool at the time?! I think you mean cool for all TIME!
    07-04-19 01:04 PM
    I like the old Ironside and Cannon episodes with their rotary mobile devices....

Posted via CB10
    Get Smart. Rotary shoe phone.
    07-04-19 01:06 PM
    Whoa! Cool at the time?! I think you mean cool for all TIME!
    Hahaha! Good point! ☺
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    07-04-19 03:27 PM
    You sure it's not a SIM pin?
    07-04-19 03:43 PM
    Get Smart. Rotary shoe phone.
    You win!!!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    07-04-19 03:49 PM
    Just got it activated today at ATT. Brought it home, turned it on and set the fingerprint sensor. Then it uploaded a software update. Turned it back on, and now its demanding 'PIN required after device restarts.' I never put a PIN into it! Agggh! Never had an android and I miss my Passport already. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    I think you have to enter the pin of your SIM card !
    07-09-19 01:37 PM