For recent two days i see the location icon always on. Unfortunately I installed like 30 app updates in the recent days, so i won't be able to identify what changed.

Anyone else experienced the same?

Any idea how to investigate?

I tried to get DTEK to notify me of all usages of location, but i don't see anything suspicious just regular events such as Google maps accessing location in background with duration 0 seconds (i have location history on)

Thx for suggestions
    12-15-18 08:32 PM
    For recent two days i see the location icon always on. Unfortunately I installed like 30 app updates in the recent days, so i won't be able to identify what changed.

Anyone else experienced the same?

Any idea how to investigate?

I tried to get DTEK to notify me of all usages of location, but i don't see anything suspicious just regular events such as Google maps accessing location in background with duration 0 seconds (i have location history on)

Thx for suggestions
    Doublewrap in name brand aluminum foil. Twice. Do not use generic brand.. Honestly, turn off location services
    yybenedb likes this.
    12-15-18 08:40 PM
    Doublewrap in name brand aluminum foil. Twice. Do not use generic brand.. Honestly, turn off location services
    Thanks for the suggestion, Mr Faraday!

Found the culprit in the meantime: Chronus. I registered as beta user and the problem is gone. Last update was 11/29, so it's more related to fetching the weather info (and probably accessing the location for the whole time without any timeout)
    Attached Thumbnails Location permanently accessed-screenshot_20181216-055419.jpg  
    12-16-18 06:16 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, Mr Faraday!

Found the culprit in the meantime: Chronus. I registered as beta user and the problem is gone. Last update was 11/29, so it's more related to fetching the weather info (and probably accessing the location for the whole time without any timeout)
    I’m glad you can at least appreciate my lazy attempt with humor.. glad it’s fixed or so it seems...
    john_v likes this.
    12-16-18 04:19 PM
    I’m glad you can at least appreciate my lazy attempt with humor.. glad it’s fixed or so it seems...
    Actually it's what I did, disabled the location not to drain the battery.

How do average mortals investigate such issues without DTEK?
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    12-16-18 07:04 PM