Just watched his review. Some bias, but everybody who has ever used a smartphone would have preferences for a certain design / OS.

He likes big screens and talks mostly from a media consumption viewpoint. He represents 98% of the world's user base with this comment. To be fair, he also discusses BB's own claims of being a productivity device and compares with BB of old with the curved PKB and the benefits of gaps between keys (moulded keys + frets). He also explains why he makes negative comments on the Key2 PKB compared with an older design BB PKB that he owned for 2 years.

His comments on the camera are valid. His comments on the high pricing are valid, as he is comparing to the other current market offerings on price / specs. His comments on newer VKB abilities are correct.

He represents 98% of consumers' opinions of a phone with a PKB. $650 is a lot of money for most people for a throwaway, disposable device. For that money, people expect a camera that performs to a certain level.

Regardless of the denials, excuses and excuse driven rhetoric posted here at times, the camera's performance thus far is not up to standard. It could also be argued that the build quality with the keyboard issues is also not up to standard.

I am not a fan of this reviewer but in this case, his review was mostly fair and his conclusions / recommendations, reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. God, some people here are so sensitive & they look for reasons to discredit a reviewer because they don't like the phone. Well almost 99% of smartphones user won't like this phone. It's been proven over the last few years.

Just because reviewers say the phone isn't worth the price (I own one but don't disagree), people automatically assume has some internal hatred for Blackberry & are completely biased before they begin the review.

Well, you know what? That means BB needs to make a better phone next time to actually convince a few people to go back. Not sure very average device with a poor screen, camera for 650$. If the phone was actually truly impressive, I'm sure reviewers would praise the phone the way people on this board would love them to.

People need to stop defending BB, let them realize they need to make a better phone in certain ways. As it is right now, people will defend BB to no end & they can continue giving us phones that lack features. I expect the Key3 to give smartphone users what they want in 2019 without having a ton of compromises just because we want a PKB.
    chain13 likes this.
    08-16-18 10:38 PM
    I think more than 1-2% of smartphone users would enjoy the KEY2. They just have to try to be open mind about something different.

I don't care if every OEM makes generic notched glass sandwich slabs, keyboards are still relevant tech, whether on smartphones or computers. Enough with the stupid "but omg why a keyboard in 2018" while most reviewers typed up their review from one.
    Getting real tiring to hear it.
    Dino84 likes this.
    08-16-18 11:13 PM
    Best reviewer out there is flossy cater hands down. His reviews seem most authentic to me and unbiased.
    I generally like his reviews, but feel his key2 review was off. Only because he contradicted what he said about the key2 in his first unboxing. But i can't blame him. He has a big channel, which means money. There is actually a big risk in praising a device which is niche and that goes against the norm. Don't want to risk losing subscribers.
    08-17-18 01:41 AM
    I generally like his reviews, but feel his key2 review was off. Only because he contradicted what he said about the key2 in his first unboxing. But i can't blame him. He has a big channel, which means money. There is actually a big risk in praising a device which is niche and that goes against the norm. Don't want to risk losing subscribers.
    Lol I don't think a big tech channel is gonna lose many subscribers because they praise a KEY2.

Michael Fisher ain't afraid of putting the KEY2 forward every chance, and I don't think he's losing any substantial subscribers over it
    08-17-18 01:44 AM
    Lol I don't think a big tech channel is gonna lose many subscribers because they praise a KEY2.

Michael Fisher ain't afraid of showing his KEY2 at almost any opportunity, and I don't think he's losing any subscribers over it
    08-17-18 01:47 AM

Michael Fisher ain't afraid of showing his KEY2 at almost any opportunity, and I don't think he's losing any subscribers over it
    Yeah i believe michael secretely views key2 as his favourite daily driver, as i have seen him with it several times. However his review was a mixed bag. He states he only has it as a secondary, but i could tell in his eyes he was holding back the love. He has a lot more subrscribers i think. There are alot of people/ young fanboys who laugh at the thought of a pkb and bb is viewed as dead/ a joke in 2018, so it's important for reviewers to fit in with the mindset of the people, and not deviate from the views as others too much. If he came out and said the key2 is my favourite phone, there would be backlash, and alot of people probably won't take him seriously. This is the risk reviewers everywhere face. You look at the reveiwers who praised the phone, have much fewer subscribers.
    08-17-18 02:09 AM
    Yeah i believe michael secretely views key2 as his favourite daily driver, as i have seen him with it several times. However his review was a mixed bag. He states he only has it as a secondary, but i could tell in his eyes he was holding back the love. He has a lot more subrscribers i think. There are alot of people/ young fanboys who laugh at the thought of a pkb and bb is viewed as dead/ a joke in 2018, so it's important for reviewers to fit in with the mindset of the people, and not deviate from the views as others too much. If he came out and said the key2 is my favourite phone, there would be backlash, and alot of people probably won't take him seriously. This is the risk reviewers everywhere face. You look at the reveiwers who praised the phone, have much fewer subscribers.
    Yeah I totally agree.

He may switch out his Pixel 2XL for whatever next slab appeals to him, but the KEY2 will always be in his pocket, until KEY3 lol.
    I don't think he'll downgrade to the LE, but he probably will review it.
    08-17-18 02:15 AM
    He has a mainstream channel, this in not a mainstream device. End of discussion I love my device, I only neeed some camera improvements, Linus cant even learn to scroll using the keyboard properly come on...
    the_boon and Kraeutermann like this.
    08-17-18 04:06 AM
    He used it for 4 weeks but hasn't figured out how to double tap the space bar for a period? Then he uses a website with a large ad placed in the middle to show how little text can be displayed at once. No duh, it happens on my desktop as well.

Total BS, little substance, overly emotional review.

It blows my mind he has over 6 million subscribers while Flossy Carter only has 800,000. Goes to show the general public favors flash over substance.
    08-17-18 07:59 AM
    He used it for 4 weeks but hasn't figured out how to double tap the space bar for a period? Then he uses a website with a large ad placed in the middle to show how little text can be displayed at once. No duh, it happens on my desktop as well.

It blows my mind he has over 6 million subscribers while Flossy Carter only has 800,000. Goes to show the general public favors flash over substance.
    No, the general public won't use ad blockers & for the general public, it's a downgrade to read on a 4.5" screen compared to a higher resolution 6". It's not very hard to understand.
    08-17-18 08:24 AM

Couldn't agree more.

As for the generic public favoring flash over substance, well I feel like that's true also.

If it wasn't, we'd see less glass on glass notched rainbow colored slabs and more utilitarian designs like the KEY2 and some Sony phones.

It sucks that the reviews that bashed this phone the most have the most views, Linuxtechtips and Whiney Lewie from unbox therapy.

I was really surprised how much Flossy digged the phone, and unlike these tools he goes much further in detail into what the phone can do.

Of course people are gonna perceive the PKB as solely a waste of screen space if you don't go in depth with all the things it can do.

Then this guy whined about how it feels to use it in bed, well I don't do so well when typing using my Priv's VKB in weird positions either...

Meh, at the end, I doubt those guy really influence sales. Those who are interested in the device probably aren't gonna just base their decisions off what these guys say.
    08-17-18 08:26 AM
    No, the general public won't use ad blockers & for the general public, it's a downgrade to read on a 4.5" screen compared to a higher resolution 6". It's not very hard to understand.
    I understand a smaller screen is a smaller screen. But using that particular webpage as an example of LESS text is just plain stupid. There's less text because there's a giant ad on the screen. That's not very hard to understand.
    08-17-18 08:31 AM
    I understand a smaller screen is a smaller screen. But using that particular webpage as an example of LESS text is just plain stupid. There's less text because there's a giant ad on the screen. That's not very hard to understand.
    Lol I kind of feel that he went out of his way to find a Web page with the biggest possible ad and made sure the browser was not in full screen mode, just to ridicule the 4.5" display of the KEY2.
    08-17-18 09:02 AM
    LOL

I said it before and I will say it again; I swear some people here would defend a rock attached to a BlackBerry pkb as the "most secure device ever."

The fact that my KEYone or your KEY2 or Priv are not considered to be perfect by everyone is not a reflection on us as individuals. We're still smarter, cooler, more sophisticated and more quirkily individualistic than all those other misinformed folks carrying iPhone's, Samsung's - or god forbid - Google's. Enjoy your phone!
    the_boon and Gene Fells like this.
    08-17-18 09:07 AM
    How much are we really missing from our 4.5" display?

Lets check that exact same webpage he used. theguardian.com

I'm comparing it to my ZTE ZMAX Pro's 6" 1080P display. Same version of Chrome. Data Saver was on for both phones. No font size adjustments made on either phone. Surprisingly the KEYone showed a bit more text!

Maybe a QHD display would have more text on screen but the size doesn't seem to affect HOW MUCH text is visible given the same resolution.

Linustechtips reviewed the Key 2-textcompare.jpg
    Dino84, mr_poobah and Derek Stacey like this.
    08-17-18 09:10 AM

I'm comparing it to my ZTE ZMAX Pro's 6" 1080P display. Same version of Chrome. Data Saver was on for both phones. No font size adjustments made on either phone. Surprisingly the KEYone showed a bit more text!

Maybe a QHD display would have more text on screen but the size doesn't seem to affect HOW MUCH text is visible given the same resolution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textcompare.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	439222
    Nice debunking of his attack on the KEY2's display!
    08-17-18 09:21 AM
    Here's an external shot of the ZMAX Pro's 6" vs KEYone's 4.5"Linustechtips reviewed the Key 2-externalcompare.jpg
    08-17-18 09:29 AM
    Here's an external shot of the ZMAX Pro's 6" vs KEYone's 4.5"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	externalcompare.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	497.3 KB 
ID:	439223
    Lol they both show the same amount of text, just the KEYone has it a bit more squished, as in less space between each row of text. No big deal.
    I'm not gonna pretend the 6" screen doesn't have some advantage, but pointing the finger at the KEY2 laughing at its web browsing capabilities is just dishonest bashing.

Again, I think he went out of his way on that one.
    08-17-18 09:34 AM
    Lol they both show the same amount of text, just the KEYone has it a bit more squished, as in less space between each row of text. No big deal.
    I'm not gonna pretend the 6" screen doesn't have some advantage, but pointing the finger at the KEY2 laughing at its web browsing capabilities is just dishonest bashing.

Again, I think he went out of his way on that one.
    Oh definitely a larger screen has it's benefits. I would buy a KEYwhatever that's bigger all around for a bigger screen if available.

But for him to say we need to do more scrolling due to the screen size is pure bullscrap.
    08-17-18 09:40 AM

Name:	textcompare.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	439222
    Nah don't use "No font size adjustments made on either phone" as an excuse, that feature exist for a reason. Just by looking on your screenshots, I know that ZTE is OVER adjusted, Idk if it's the default from manufacturer adjusment or you readjusted it before you made a post on here to justfy your keyone. But these are some screnshots the same site using different phones with different screensize and screen resolution using chrome with the same mobile site view.

This is from my 750p 4.6inch iphone
    Linustechtips reviewed the Key 2-iphone.jpg

This is from my 720p 5inch phone
    Linustechtips reviewed the Key 2-720p-5-inch.png

And this one is from my 1080p 5.5inch phone
    Linustechtips reviewed the Key 2-1080p-55-inch.jpg

all of them show more texts or at least 1-2 lines more than your screenshots. The different might not be a big deal, because what we see is actually a mobile view of the website. So font scale is playing a big role on how the texts stretched on your screen. Or I could say, if you use the same setting of font adjustment as the keyone on your ZTE, I believe the ZTE will show you more texts on the screen.
    Last edited by chain13; 08-17-18 at 10:43 PM.
    08-17-18 10:18 PM
    People need to stop defending BB, let them realize they need to make a better phone in certain ways. As it is right now, people will defend BB to no end & they can continue giving us phones that lack features. I expect the Key3 to give smartphone users what they want in 2019 without having a ton of compromises just because we want a PKB.
    The best argument so far
    08-17-18 10:26 PM
    Gentlemen, insult my wife and I'll break you, insult my children and I'll rip you a new one, insult my phone and I'll just chuckle! Let's get a grip on priorities for goodness sakes! Cheers,
    08-17-18 10:36 PM
    Nah don't use "No font size adjustments made on either phone" as an excuse, that feature exist for a reason. Just by looking on your screenshots, I know that ZTE is OVER adjusted, Idk if it's the default from manufacturer adjusment or you readjusted it before you made a post on here to justfy your keyone. But this is some screnshots the same site using different phones with different screensize and screen resolution using chrome with the same mobile site view.

This is from my 750p 4.6inch iphone

Name:	iphone.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	439253

This is from my 720p 5inch phone

Name:	720p 5 inch.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	439254

And this one is from my 1080p 5.5inch phone

Name:	1080p 55 inch.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	439255

all of them show more texts or at least 1-2 lines more than your screenshots. The different might not be a big deal, because what we see is actually a mobile view of the website. So font scale is playing a big role on how the texts stretched on your screen. Or I could say, if you use the same setting of font adjustment as the keyone on your ZTE, I believe the ZTE will show you more texts on the screen.
    Where is the font adjustment anyways I can't find it. If it even exists. The ZTE is the largest phone I have on hand so thats what I tested with. I also tried on my Honor 8 5.2" and the results were similar. Same as th 6".

Relax I criticize BlackBerry where I see fit. I'm no fanboy I just like the customization options a pkb allows in terms of navigating the Android OS via shortcuts.

I honestly think the K2 is overpriced and a rip off. I refuse to buy whatever they push out just because its Blackberry branded. Hardcore fanboys here remind me of how Apple iPhone sheep buy the latest iPhones with less features every year because its an Apple. I'm not that guy. IMO Linus was BS on that point and several others. Thats it.
    08-17-18 10:45 PM
    Where is the font adjustment anyways I can't find it. If it even exists. The ZTE is the largest phone I have on hand so thats what I tested with. I also tried on my Honor 8 5.2" and the results were similar. Same as th 6".

Relax I criticize BlackBerry where I see fit. I'm no fanboy I just like the customization options a pkb allows in terms of navigating the Android OS via shortcuts.

I honestly think the K2 is overpriced and a rip off. I refuse to buy whatever they push out just because its Blackberry branded. Hardcore fanboys here remind me of how Apple iPhone sheep buy the latest iPhones with less features every year because its an Apple. I'm not that guy. IMO Linus was BS on that point and several others. Thats it.
    I believe it's under Setting - Display, not sure what kind of android running on the zte. There are two options for font size or display size. Font size will adjust the font only, but display size will also adjust the components inside the system.

I don't think he was bs, he just did his review in his own usage and blaming his review isn't helping.
    08-17-18 11:58 PM
    It all depends on priorities. If you spend one month trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, it isn't going to happen.

The base for BlackBerry Mobile is currently 1 to 2 million units per year. They're hoping to get to 3 to 4 million a year (eventually). This doesn't require widespread adoption.

I would be shocked if people like this would ever like this kind of offering. And that's not an insult.
    Perfectly agree with you.
    08-18-18 12:06 AM
58 123