He didn't like it. Kudos for using it for a month though. He's probably the most thorough of all the Key 2 reviews I've seen though.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    08-16-18 03:55 AM

He didn't like it. Kudos for using it for a month though. He's probably the most thorough of all the Key 2 reviews I've seen though.
    And probably one of the worst. This is clearly a review with a heavialy biased mind going into it. Again, no way he went for a month , all day with with this phone.
    08-16-18 04:04 AM
    And probably one of the worst. This is clearly a review with a heavialy biased mind going into it. Again, no way he went for a month , all day with with this phone.
    ...said one of the most biased people on this entire website, who didn't even watch the entire video because it's 10 and half minutes long while you posted this 9 minutes after I uploaded it. You probably just looked at the screenshoot.

All I know is he pretty much goes over all of the features, gives positives and negatives, and leads towards an honest conclusion.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, Qorax and pdr733 like this.
    08-16-18 04:09 AM
    ...said one of the most biased people on this entire website, who didn't even watch the entire video because it's 10 and half minutes long while you posted this 9 minutes after I uploaded it. You probably just looked at the screenshoot.

All I know is he pretty much goes over all of the features, gives positives and negatives, and leads towards an honest conclusion.
    I didn't really like his review too much, but it sure is better than the awful Unbox Therapy rev...hem, bashfest.

You'd think this Linuxtechtips guy would appreciate a different offering than the notched slabs we've been having this year.

Oh, well
    08-16-18 04:23 AM

I watched the review hours before it got posted here. And as soon as i saw the screen shot, just like the unbox therapy one, i knew it was going to be a trash review. For someone who supposedly used it for a month and didn't even mention the low light photos like everyone else did. And takes unfocussed photos hence the blur and artifact, and tries to pass those shots off as the best key2 can offer, lol. Rubbish review. Both him and lewis were trying so hard to hate on it, just look at the distress of the emotions, like the end of the world is near, oscar worthy lol.
    08-16-18 05:02 AM
    I didn't really like his review too much, but it sure is better than the awful Unbox Therapy rev...hem, bashfest.

You'd think this Linuxtechtips guy would appreciate a different offering than the notched slabs we've been having this year.

Oh, well
    He didnt even try to make a case as to how some people might even like it. It was shunned left right centre from the get go. Clearly he is getting paid by the obvious.
    08-16-18 05:09 AM
    I watched the review hours before it got posted here. And as soon as i saw the screen shot, just like the unbox therapy one, i knew it was going to be a trash review. For someone who supposedly used it for a month and didn't even mention the low light photos like everyone else did. And takes unfocussed photos hence the blur and artifact, and tries to pass those shots off as the best key2 can offer, lol. Rubbish review. Both him and lewis were trying so hard to hate on it, just look at the distress of the emotions, like the end of the world is near, oscar worthy lol.
    You're right that those thumbnails do call for a bashfest.

At least this guy bothered going into some of the features, Lew simply whined about the LCD display and the cameras as if the phone didn't offer anything else
    08-16-18 05:50 AM
    I dislike his reviews in general. He is too much of a wimpy geek hipster to take seriously.
    08-16-18 06:41 AM
    Love the bed scene though 🙂 Really funny.

A pretty honest review as a whole. No bashing and a lot of what he says I would agree with. It's just a matter of what you focus on as a user. I rarely watch videos on my phone for instance but that does not make his remarks any less relevant. And he would probably not understand how horrible typing on glass is for me.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 08-16-18 at 07:09 AM.
    pdr733, johnb_xp and j21jam6 like this.
    08-16-18 06:58 AM
    I can't believe what I just read. lol It's CLEARLY not a review with a heavy bias going in. He said so himself, he also DID try it for a month. Just because people realize the phone isn't that great doesn't mean they were biased from the beginning.

Just because he doesn't love this phone as much as you do, does not mean he didn't attempt to love it while using it for a month. The most unbelievably biased person in this discussion is you.
    Fred Wu, markusbeutel and pdr733 like this.
    08-16-18 08:01 AM
    He is definitely biased in the sense of how he use and what he values in a phone. He also lacks humbleness in regards to what other may think and value. That intro says it all.

For instance, most of the time he is navigating the Key2 with his index finger. Typing, scrolling etc.
    For me, the Key series are thumb phones. I almost never use my index finger with the Key, and most of the time, I use both hands. If I used my index finger I would also find it annoying.

I really doubt he committed for 4 weeks. Not a chance.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-16-18 10:15 AM
    It all depends on priorities. If you spend one month trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, it isn't going to happen.

The base for BlackBerry Mobile is currently 1 to 2 million units per year. They're hoping to get to 3 to 4 million a year (eventually). This doesn't require widespread adoption.

I would be shocked if people like this would ever like this kind of offering. And that's not an insult.
    Last edited by conite; 08-16-18 at 10:35 AM.
    Anubhav Shukla1 likes this.
    08-16-18 10:23 AM
    He didnt even try to make a case as to how some people might even like it. It was shunned left right centre from the get go. Clearly he is getting paid by the obvious.
    I hope you don't think Kevin's commercials aren't free of any financial influence... he's probable burning up any creditably has the self proclaimed "World's Greatest Gadget Reviewer".

But FYI.... use of a PKB phone in 2018 is far left of center to begin with. That's just the reality of today's users needs. And his video showed some of the reasons that is so. He didn't bash the phone as much as he bashed the experience not being what he and probable most people today want out of a smartphone.

PKB lovers are a niche.... those that put being a communications device above all else are a niche. There is nothing wrong with that. Just need to accept it and don't feel you are being persecuted if others don't see what you see in PKBs or BlackBerry.
    pdr733, zer0ten, Laramie50 and 2 others like this.
    08-16-18 11:16 AM
    I hope you don't think Kevin's commercials aren't free of any financial influence... he's probable burning up any creditably has the self proclaimed "World's Greatest Gadget Reviewer".

But FYI.... use of a PKB phone in 2018 is far left of center to begin with. That's just the reality of today's users needs. And his video showed some of the reasons that is so. He didn't bash the phone as much as he bashed the experience not being what he and probable most people today want out of a smartphone.

PKB lovers are a niche.... those that put being a communications device above all else are a niche. There is nothing wrong with that. Just need to accept it and don't feel you are being persecuted if others don't see what you see in PKBs or BlackBerry.
    I still think modern PKB devices haven't yet bet given a chance at grabbing the masses.

Imagine Samsung coming out with a new line called the Galaxy Chat, PKB phones with 4.8" OLED screens and all the usual gimmicks.

I bet THOSE would sell
    08-16-18 11:45 AM

Oh, well
    Agreed. IMHO Flossy Carter did the best job at reviewing the KEY2, with a really, really long video of 36 minutes long, an honest opinion and proof that he used it for some time.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    08-16-18 11:59 AM
    Agreed. IMHO Flossy Carter did the best job at reviewing the KEY2, with a really, really long video of 36 minutes long, an honest opinion and proof that he used it for some time.
    I also liked Juan Bagnell's video, he went on quite in depth with the features. Most reviews are fairly positive (at least the ones that are open minded about a keyboard on a smartphone). But the camera seemed to be the biggest disappointment. TCL knows what it has to work on next
    08-16-18 12:03 PM
    I can't believe what I just read. lol It's CLEARLY not a review with a heavy bias going in. He said so himself, he also DID try it for a month. Just because people realize the phone isn't that great doesn't mean they were biased from the beginning.

Just because he doesn't love this phone as much as you do, does not mean he didn't attempt to love it while using it for a month. The most unbelievably biased person in this discussion is you.
    I reiterate, he did not use use it for a month, let alone a week! U don't use a daily driver for a month and neglect to talk about issues that almost every other reviewer mentioned after only a day or two of use. He loves his iphones, and to be taken seriously, he should have gone through all the main features this phone offers and how it would appeal to some people. Like i mentioned his camera and keyboard review was attrocious and very amateur. He used the keyboard for a few mins and because he couldnt adjust to it , he thinks everyone else won't. His comparison to the "smile" keyboard was so far off. And how does he start off saying how bad the phone is, then mention halfway some good points, then end it terribly. Again bull**** review from the start. More like a rant.
    bqik likes this.
    08-16-18 05:47 PM
    Best reviewer out there is flossy cater hands down. His reviews seem most authentic to me and unbiased.
    08-16-18 05:53 PM
    Linus hates BlackBerry. It's pretty obvious. So I'd expect some bias in his reviews. He bashed the Motion pretty hard as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-18 06:16 PM
    Sheesh! I (and many others here) have critiqued BlackBerry plenty. Does that prove that I (we) hate the brand? Just more "black and white"/"us and them" hyperbole that is oh so popular these days.

BlackBerry has certainly had it's share of faults that have been deserving of criticism - still does - and for those of you who may have forgotten, at the end of the day it's only a phone!

Don't worry, be happy! Life can be fun! Find the humour!
    08-16-18 06:43 PM
    Goes to show that it's the camera once again. Always the camera. BlackBerry/TCL: Are you listening? How many camera posts do we have to go through every year, every decade (in the case of BlackBerry) before you take heed?
    MaDLiVe likes this.
    08-16-18 06:53 PM
    Goes to show that it's the camera once again. Always the camera. BlackBerry/TCL: Are you listening? How many camera posts do we have to go through every year, every decade (in the case of BlackBerry) before you take heed?
    Why wasn't there a blow up of the note 8 camera?
    08-16-18 07:59 PM
    I only fully watch reviews that have the SIM card in the device. Any review that claims they used the device for a full month but don't have any footage/minimal footage with the SIM card in it, makes me think they didn't REALLY use the device for a full month. Sure, you may have used it at your desk, around the office, etc, but did you REALLY use it on the go? Probably not.

That said, probably wouldn't have changed much in his review anyway even if he did. Clearly things he hates about the device either way lol. Not for everyone and certainly not for him. That's OK. The complaint over the period key did kill me a bit inside though. A week to figure out the swipe to delete? Maybe another week, and he could have figured out double space enters a period.
    eldricho, the_boon and mtalinm like this.
    08-16-18 09:07 PM
    Just watched his review. Some bias, but everybody who has ever used a smartphone would have preferences for a certain design / OS.

He likes big screens and talks mostly from a media consumption viewpoint. He represents 98% of the world's user base with this comment. To be fair, he also discusses BB's own claims of being a productivity device and compares with BB of old with the curved PKB and the benefits of gaps between keys (moulded keys + frets). He also explains why he makes negative comments on the Key2 PKB compared with an older design BB PKB that he owned for 2 years.

His comments on the camera are valid. His comments on the high pricing are valid, as he is comparing to the other current market offerings on price / specs. His comments on newer VKB abilities are correct.

He represents 98% of consumers' opinions of a phone with a PKB. $650 is a lot of money for most people for a throwaway, disposable device. For that money, people expect a camera that performs to a certain level.

Regardless of the denials, excuses and excuse driven rhetoric posted here at times, the camera's performance thus far is not up to standard. It could also be argued that the build quality with the keyboard issues is also not up to standard.

I am not a fan of this reviewer but in this case, his review was mostly fair and his conclusions / recommendations, reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    pdr733, Bla1ze and anon(9188202) like this.
    08-16-18 09:20 PM
    I think linus did everything he need to make this review, maybe he did it in the way he used to use his everyday slab phone. Reading news, communicating, camera etc.

I did see his video on how he react to un-common techs like first macbook with touchbar or asus zenbook with monitor on the touchpad. He showed all the gimmicky they currently have, and also showed what future possibilities they could achieve in more positive ways. In KEY2 video, I hardly see that points not because he's bias or something. It's because actually nothing more into the keyboard on a phone these days. You type on it and just that. It's glad that he mentioned how security works and dtek apps perform in the phone.
    08-16-18 09:30 PM
58 123