Camera, socials, office apps, games, movies etc. There’re so much more life without pkb, unless you’re not provided with a computer to do office work by company you work for..
    Socials, office apps, games, movies etc. are not comfortable for me to use even on a smartphone screen. I already tried that, and I know there are others like me. My Samsung Tab A with stylus is as small as I would go for those, and usually prefer the desktop computer.

I just want a simple device for phone and text. That's all I need. The classic, Q10, even passport fit the bill nicely. Unfortunately everyone is addicted to their smartphones and don't want the simple phone anymore. Long live my Q10!

Posted via CB10
    Alfista83 likes this.
    01-09-20 12:13 AM
    Socials, office apps, games, movies etc. are not comfortable for me to use even on a smartphone screen. I already tried that, and I know there are others like me. My Samsung Tab A with stylus is as small as I would go for those, and usually prefer the desktop computer.

I just want a simple device for phone and text. That's all I need. The classic, Q10, even passport fit the bill nicely. Unfortunately everyone is addicted to their smartphones and don't want the simple phone anymore. Long live my Q10!

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Good for you then. I just assumed that OP isn’t dual carry. So I showed that even non-pkb devices are very capable of handling modern tasks right now (work, media, multitasking). What you need is just adapt to vkb, and it’s worth 15 minutes of learning.
    01-09-20 12:51 AM
    Yup. Good for you then. I just assumed that OP isn’t dual carry. So I showed that even non-pkb devices are very capable of handling modern tasks right now (work, media, multitasking). What you need is just adapt to vkb, and it’s worth 15 minutes of learning.
    I think the millions upon millions of professionals using vkb for work on their phones would agree.
    01-09-20 05:38 AM
    I will say it probable takes a little more than 15 minutes.....

Might even need a month or two to get proficient with a VKB and most likely a new OS.
    01-09-20 08:52 AM
    I will say it probable takes a little more than 15 minutes.....

Might even need a month or two to get proficient with a VKB and most likely a new OS.
    Nah, some parts of Florida just move slower than others ;-D
    01-09-20 09:07 AM
    Nah, some parts of Florida just move slower than others ;-D
    Tell me about it.... I've had an iPhone for four months, and I'm still learning.

But being a native Floridian.... we do tend to move a little slower than most the northern transplants. (except for driving).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-09-20 09:14 AM
    Tell me about it.... I've had an iPhone for four months, and I'm still learning.

But being a native Floridian.... we do tend to move a little slower than most the northern transplants. (except for driving).
    Native?!? Are you originally from the panhandle?
    01-09-20 09:20 AM
    I tried a VKB for one entire summer. That's a little more than 15 minutes. I still didn't like it. I was, as you say, dual carry anyway when I was using a flip phone for calls only, and tablet for work. Even if I did get used to a VKB, I'd still have to be dual carry because the smartphone doesn't have a large enough screen to be practical.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-20 04:31 PM
    I tried a VKB for one entire summer. That's a little more than 15 minutes. I still didn't like it. I was, as you say, dual carry anyway when I was using a flip phone for calls only, and tablet for work. Even if I did get used to a VKB, I'd still have to be dual carry because the smartphone doesn't have a large enough screen to be practical.

Posted via CB10
    It’s harder typing on tablet than a phone using vkb but doesn’t mean can’t get used to it.
    01-09-20 04:56 PM
    It’s harder typing on tablet than a phone using vkb but doesn’t mean can’t get used to it.
    This was a VKB on a smartphone. I couldn't get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-20 05:26 PM
    OMG...no shortcuts to open apps anymore..
    I had to switch because my service area and Key2 did not get along. Figured j may as well leave BB now since it's over anyway.

I made a keyboard on my home screen. Each letter can launch 2 different apps (tap and swipe) so it's made the transition easier. Not perfect, but nothing will be
    Attached Thumbnails Life without a PKB-13048.jpg  
    01-09-20 05:42 PM
    I had to switch because my service area and Key2 did not get along. Figured j may as well leave BB now since it's over anyway.

I made a keyboard on my home screen. Each letter can launch 2 different apps (tap and swipe) so it's made the transition easier. Not perfect, but nothing will be
    I see the problem... it appears you’re a Ravens fan....

LMAO
    mountainman likes this.
    01-09-20 07:21 PM
    This was a VKB on a smartphone. I couldn't get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    Then you should use a phone with pkb. Sadly there are some trade-offs if you go that route now.
    01-09-20 08:26 PM
    For now, as long as my Q10 holds out, it about perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-20 11:37 PM
    For now, as long as my Q10 holds out, it about perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, but for me BB10 is dead(EOL, no official support or even developers for this ecosystem anymore), and android key berries have some months left before software support officialy stopped (no patch, no Android 9, etc).

Not to mention existing bugs like wobbly space bar, weak 4G reception, bluetooth problem that caused by bad hardware design. For me, dual carry will just cost more money just so that I could use a pkb, but looks like you’re fine with that. I would rather spend my time adapting to vkb with more worthy device.
    Last edited by chain13; 01-10-20 at 01:54 AM.
    01-10-20 01:38 AM
    I see the problem... it appears you’re a Ravens fan....

LMAO
    I fail to see the problem 😁

Big Truss!!!
    01-10-20 08:58 AM
    I have a Surface Pro that came with a keyboard.... 100% if I'm doing a Excel sheet or typing a multi page letter... I pull out the keyboard to use.

While I can see using a Phone to do both of those in a pinch... neither are something I'd want to do on a small display. Most the time I plug my Surface into a dock to use my 24" monitor.

Thing is I never used my 2007 onward smartphones for the amount of typing that some here do... which is why I never valued the PKB, even back then. I suspect that most people with a smartphone aren't using it to do a lot of data input, which is why most people don't value a PKB device.

I do want to believe there are more that would use one... if it didn't require paying more or accepting sacrifices. But in the end I don't think a PKB can be done cheaply or without the user being willing to make sacrifices....
    chain13 likes this.
    01-10-20 09:08 AM
    I fail to see the problem ������

Big Truss!!!
    Well I’m here in the land of Tampa Bay Suckaneers
    01-10-20 09:32 AM
    Well I’m here in the land of Tampa Bay Suckaneers
    At least Jameis is fun to watch being so unpredictable.

And you have a pirate ship so that's worth it right there.
    01-10-20 09:40 AM
    It will take getting used to, but I think the perils of this transition are ridiculously overblown. Millions of people are quite content and productive with a vkb.
    Don't think anyone is content and productive with a vkb. Those people just rely more on laptops and desktops and do less work away from their offices.
    01-10-20 09:54 AM
    Don't think anyone is content and productive with a vkb. Those people just rely more on laptops and desktops and do less work away from their offices.
    That's your opinion. It also depends on what kind of work I guess. As a communication tool, I see no one complaining. My wife moved on from BlackBerry long ago. She gets hundreds of emails a day and is fine using her phone with vkb for replies. Typing speeds aren't that different anymore.
    01-10-20 09:57 AM
    That's your opinion. It also depends on what kind of work I guess. As a communication tool, I see no one complaining. My wife moved on from BlackBerry long ago. She gets hundreds of emails a day and is fine using her phone with vkb for replies. Typing speeds aren't that different anymore.
    If you spend 18 hours a day on the move and need to revise contracts, update script changes, and edit various documents, you need either a BlackBerry or a laptop. There's a reason why the writers and executive producers of the major televised awards shows and events primarily still use BlackBerry devices.
    01-10-20 10:07 AM
    I have a Surface Pro that came with a keyboard.... 100% if I'm doing a Excel sheet or typing a multi page letter... I pull out the keyboard to use.

While I can see using a Phone to do both of those in a pinch... neither are something I'd want to do on a small display. Most the time I plug my Surface into a dock to use my 24" monitor.

Thing is I never used my 2007 onward smartphones for the amount of typing that some here do... which is why I never valued the PKB, even back then. I suspect that most people with a smartphone aren't using it to do a lot of data input, which is why most people don't value a PKB device.

I do want to believe there are more that would use one... if it didn't require paying more or accepting sacrifices. But in the end I don't think a PKB can be done cheaply or without the user being willing to make sacrifices....
    Also, there are many of us who had no problem transitioning to a VKB even in cases where pretty much all we do is enter text. I couldn't have done it with Apple's VKB or the stock Android one, but had no problems with the BlackBerry VKB, even after almost a decade of heavy BlackBerry VKB use.

I prefer a slab, not because I want video, games, or social media scrolls, but because I type faster and with less stress on the VKB.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    chain13 likes this.
    01-10-20 10:07 AM
    for me the BlackBerry vkb is preferable to a pkb. I am not experienced with the pkb compared to the vkb but I do like the key2le. I may have to switch to it when my Z30 dies as I am on Verizon and don't want to switch carriers. to me the pkb. vkb debate is strictly a matter of personal preference. vive la difference!
    01-10-20 10:08 AM
    for me the BlackBerry vkb is preferable to a pkb. I am not experienced with the pkb compared to the vkb but I do like the key2le. I may have to switch to it when my Z30 dies as I am on Verizon and don't want to switch carriers. to me the pkb. vkb debate is strictly a matter of personal preference. vive la difference!
    If this were true, laptops would have virtual keyboards and iPad Pros wouldn't have keyboard attachments.
    saint300, Sigewif and the_boon like this.
    01-10-20 10:15 AM
102 12345