I'm using Indian variant of Key 2 and planning to run autoloader.

But my laptop which is running on Windows 10, can't recognize USB.

Tried with different laptops and different cable combinations with no luck.

Tried a lot of trouble shooting steps and no luck.

Definitely not a Laptop/Windows/Cable issue as I tried this with all possible combinations.

I'm clueless and not sure what can I try?

Is it an issue with my phone?

Please help as I wasted several hours on this,

Your help will be highly appreciated.
    11-09-19 06:13 PM
    I'm using Indian variant of Key 2 and planning to run autoloader.

But my laptop which is running on Windows 10, can't recognize USB.

Tried with different laptops and different cable combinations with no luck.

Tried a lot of trouble shooting steps and no luck.

Definitely not a Laptop/Windows/Cable issue as I tried this with all possible combinations.

I'm clueless and not sure what can I try?

Is it an issue with my phone?

Please help as I wasted several hours on this,

Your help will be highly appreciated.
    First, if you are going to try running an autoloader you need to place the phone into fast mode.

If you just want to connect your phone to share files with your computer...Laptop can't recognize Key2?!-screenshot_20191109-185245.jpeg
    11-09-19 07:00 PM
    First, if you are going to try running an autoloader you need to place the phone into fast mode.

If you just want to connect your phone to share files with your computer...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191109-185245.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	446662
    I can only see charge and quick charge options and charge with data option is not available
    11-09-19 08:49 PM
    I can only see charge and quick charge options and charge with data option is not available
    In the meantime before looking for a solution to your USB file sharing issue, to run the autoloader you will need to remove security on your phone and then boot into fast mode and then connect it to your computer and run the unzipped .bat file (either wipe or no wipe as to your preference). Need more info? Use search...
    11-09-19 10:40 PM
    In the meantime before looking for a solution to your USB file sharing issue, to run the autoloader you will need to remove security on your phone and then boot into fast mode and then connect it to your computer and run the unzipped .bat file (either wipe or no wipe as to your preference). Need more info? Use search...
    Exactly followed same steps and tried many times with no luck

Posted from my Classic!
    11-10-19 01:25 AM
    @conite and others.. Pls pls help to fix

Posted from my Classic!
    11-10-19 01:30 AM
    @conite and others.. Pls pls help to fix

Posted from my Classic!
    have you tried the same cable and under a regular desktop PC? clearly the USB cable is working bcoz the charging option pops-up, but what we might not know is.. is the cable's data line working or not??? only way to test this is to try on another USB-C phone.
    11-10-19 01:48 AM
    have you tried the same cable and under a regular desktop PC? clearly the USB cable is working bcoz the charging option pops-up, but what we might not know is.. is the cable's data line working or not??? only way to test this is to try on another USB-C phone.
    Tried another cable too. Same issue

Posted from my Classic!
    11-10-19 01:50 AM
    Tried another cable too. Same issue

Posted from my Classic!
    Did you try triple tapping the power button?
    11-10-19 02:07 AM
    I connected same cable to a different android phone and same laptop and it gets recognized in all the modes and there is no issue at all. It seems issue is very specific to device. Please help as I really got fed up trying numerous times.
    11-12-19 09:49 AM
    First things first. Make sure you have the BlackBerry android drivers.
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E1219C88069C26

Then put the phone in fastboot mode. It will work.
    11-12-19 01:47 PM
    I have installed BlackBerry android drivers and also kept the phone in fastboot mode. When I open the bat file, it says something like press volume down and power button together to start phone in fastboot mode but nothing happens thereafrter
    11-12-19 01:47 PM
    Is this a laptop (if yes then make sure power save mode is not on, as it sometimes disables the USB)

try a different USB port
    Does the laptop make a sound when you unplug the phone and again when you plug it back in?
    11-12-19 01:54 PM
    Oh. Forgot what autoloader are you trying?
    11-12-19 01:55 PM
    Is this a laptop (if yes then make sure power save mode is not on, as it sometimes disables the USB)

try a different USB port
    Does the laptop make a sound when you unplug the phone and again when you plug it back in?
    The laptop is not on power-saving mode. I tried with a different laptop but the issue is the same. No, it won't make any sound as soon as I plug in my phone but charging and fast charging options get popped up. The same cable is working fine with other android mobiles.
    11-12-19 02:00 PM
    Oh. Forgot what autoloader are you trying?
    Autoloader for April patch, which is universal Autoloader.
    11-12-19 02:01 PM
    Another pint, USB doesn't show up under USB devices in device monitor
    11-12-19 02:02 PM
    If you are seeing those options then you are not in fastboot mode.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

The laptop is not on power-saving mode. I tried with a different laptop but the issue is the same. No, it won't make any sound as soon as I plug in my phone but charging and fast charging options get popped up. The same cable is working fine with other android mobiles.
    11-12-19 02:03 PM
    If you are seeing those options then you are not in fastboot mode.

How to reload the BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android OS

Yes, I'm in fastboot mode only. I can see all the four options after pressing the volume down and the power button for 30 seconds.
    11-12-19 02:08 PM
    any help pls...
    11-12-19 04:29 PM
    Another pint, USB doesn't show up under USB devices in device monitor
    There’s your problem. You’re drinking pints instead of drinking shots....
    GoGoGoose likes this.
    11-12-19 04:44 PM
    If you like I can remote into your laptop and see what's going on. BBM pin:EF042C40
    any help pls...
    11-12-19 04:47 PM
    There’s your problem. You’re drinking pints instead of drinking shots....
    I mean device manager under control panel man, this was typo in my previous post. If you think my post doesn't make sense to you, you can always ask for the clarification. But you don't show any sign of respect to the CB forum and members. Unprofessional!

Posted from my Classic!
    11-13-19 07:54 AM
    If you like I can remote into your laptop and see what's going on. BBM pin:EF042C40
    Sure, thanks for your help. I will ping you once I'm available. May be after 6 hours from now. Hope you will be available.

Posted from my Classic!
    11-13-19 07:55 AM
    Can we do after 8 hours. Since I will be done work by then 4 PM EST.
    Sure, thanks for your help. I will ping you once I'm available. May be after 6 hours from now. Hope you will be available.

Posted from my Classic!
    11-13-19 08:09 AM
57 123