Hi All,

I have been an avid BlackBerry user since the days of the Pearl but since the introduction of BB Android my contacts list has become a complete hogwash.

I have the choice in the Phone App in which contacts to display from the following:

With phones only
    Phone
    3 Hub+ accounts (2 of which are the same?)
    Google
    BBM Contacts
    WhatsApp
    SIM Card

In the Contacts app my contacts are multiple duplicated - most with no + prefix of the number so renders the number useless. When I delete these ones - they reappear so I am thinking that these ones are stored in the 'cloud' somewhere?

I have used a Contact Merger app which doesn't do the job.

Any ideas?

TIA
    07-05-18 07:53 AM
    Two of your HUB accounts are the same.... ?

In the Contact app you should be able to view the contacts in each "account/service".

Personally I don't use the Phone or SIM to save any Contacts... Have one email account that is work, and one that is personal. I don't allow the other emails to sync contacts. And I don't allow Google to do much of anything, including having it's own contacts. If you use Gmail and need those contacts, add it to the HUB and allow it to sync there. But don't allow it to sync in the "Google" settings.
    07-05-18 08:39 AM
    Thanks. I have just used an app to sort all so gradually getting there. I've moved all contacts to a single email account.

Cheers
    07-05-18 08:44 AM
    What I did still didn't work. Restarted phone and all of the duplications are back again ffs
    07-05-18 08:49 AM
    What I did still didn't work. Restarted phone and all of the duplications are back again ffs
    Once you consolidated all of your contacts to the one email account, did you then disable syncing of all the other accounts? Because if not, then of course all of the other contacts came back. That would be the phone doing what it was told to do.

Disable contact sync for all of your other accounts except the one email account that has all of your consolidated contacts in it, and you should be good to go.
    07-05-18 12:02 PM