Thinking about what would make me want to buy a Key3:

Changes
    1. A perfect space bar. Just mimic the KEYone.
    2. A good, even very good, camera. Not the best, just solid and worthy.
    3. Very strong speakers, a la Passport. A communication wonder.
    4. Some kind of integration with Android Pie that reminds some of us of BB10 swiping and functionality and excites the wider public.
    5. A side feel to the phone that mimics, say, like the Galaxy S6 Active -- almost impossible to drop!

Stay the Same
    1. The fingerprint scanner -- perfectly located and serves as an excellent and fast substitute for passwords on certain sites.
    2. KEY2 keyboard -- darn good (except the space bar)
    3. Battery life -- doesn't need to be even a tiny bit better.
    4. Size -- some want smaller, some larger. This is a good size -- useable and pocketable.
    5. Capacity -- 6 GB of KEY2 seems more than adequate

Not important
    1. Waterproof -- that keyboard will never be waterproof without serious compromise.
    2. Wireless charging -- not important with such strong battery life
    3. OLED screen -- thinking of price, there are some things that I can do without

In other words, I think the road ahead is not a dramatic makeover. The established template is solid. It needs refinement, IMO. Of course, it's always fun and interesting to see some innovation and unexpected bells and whistles, but that's a sidebar.

Most of us are here for that keyboard. And we want a good, solid, strong phone to surround it.
    the brother likes this.
    09-18-18 11:44 AM
    If we will have any....if this is any sign to go by we are not doing all that well:

/crackberry-com-news-discussion-contests-f415/blackberry-key2-now-available-200-off-rogers-bell-telus-1156300/
    09-18-18 11:56 AM
    Passport speakers are loud but no good,
    Passport SE speakers are perfect
    the brother likes this.
    09-18-18 01:15 PM
    my perfect KEYwhatever to buy in the heart beat:

1. Passport SE stereo speakers;
    2. Huawei P20 camera and software with same performance (selfie camera too!!!);
    3. Remove capacitive navigation buttons and put 4.7inch screen same as iPhone 8;
    4. Mic who's not afraid of bass beat so video won't be just a fart sounds then you record it in the concert;

and I'm sold.
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 09-19-18 at 03:03 AM.
    the brother likes this.
    09-18-18 01:24 PM
    Remove capacitive navigation buttons and put 4.7inch screen same as iPhone 8
    Word!
    09-18-18 01:28 PM
    If we will have any....if this is any sign to go by we are not doing all that well:

/crackberry-com-news-discussion-contests-f415/blackberry-key2-now-available-200-off-rogers-bell-telus-1156300/
    Yes, I saw that. Definitely not a good sign. I wish there was a clear and promising way forward but I don't pretend to know what that is.
    09-18-18 04:06 PM
    Spacebar is already rectified in KEY2 LE (and probably all later batches of KEY2)
    09-20-18 05:50 AM
    Yes, I saw that. Definitely not a good sign. I wish there was a clear and promising way forward but I don't pretend to know what that is.
    Nah, not much of a deal / discount. The carriers just recover the cost of the phone by hosing you with the monthly cost of the 2-year contract.
    09-20-18 08:23 AM
    This thread: my recommendation for TCL to build the key3 would be: iPhone X/Samsung S10+ Note specifications, I would easily pay €300,- for that!"
    the_boon likes this.
    09-21-18 10:04 AM
    - dual-sim option for north america ( like the LE )
    - better speakers
    - more gestures like BB10 ( get rid of the home, back & recent keys )
    - 3-row keyboard (like the passport)
    - world-phone (has all the LTE bands)
    09-21-18 01:56 PM
    This thread: my recommendation for TCL to build the key3 would be: iPhone X/Samsung S10+ Note specifications, I would easily pay €300,- for that!"
    Not really, just people not happy to pay the current price for xiaomi redmi specs...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-18 04:10 PM
    I could/would even wait for a K3 with a better camera.
    I just got a new replacement Key1, it is working great, and I don't really need a new phone anymore. Was gonna jump on the Pixel3, but since I am in not a rush anymore, I can wait for a bit to see any rumblings about a potential K3.
    09-21-18 04:31 PM
    Why is everyone so concerned about how good a camera is on a cellphone?

I'm going to assume that taking pictures for the purpose of social media.

That, in general shouldn't be one of the 'main' factors for buying your new device.

If you're so inclined to be taking pictures that matter, perhaps consider carrying a camera for moments you believe matter so heavily.

Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by deezy87; 09-22-18 at 04:45 AM.
    09-22-18 01:05 AM

That, in general shouldn't be one of the 'main' factors for buying your new device.

If you're so inclined to be taking pictures that matter, perhaps consider carrying a camera for moments you believe matter so heavily.

Just my $0.02.
    Uhm I'd go for : some people have interesting lives and wish to document memorable moments without having to carry a camera with them!

The argument "carry a camera" implies that you'd also not need a smartphone as you'd carry a laptop, right?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-18 06:47 AM
    Uhm I'd go for : some people have interesting lives and wish to document memorable moments without having to carry a camera with them!

The argument "carry a camera" implies that you'd also not need a smartphone as you'd carry a laptop, right?

Posted via CB10
    Owning a BB has meant compromise since 2007-2008 and I doubt that will ever change. While other devices have various types of high level specs involving cameras, that hasn’t included BB in any scenario, that I can remember. Surely not offering devices that ever had the probability to offer profits.

The only spec that BB focused on and BBMo focuses on is the PKB. It’s the only differentiation that BBMo currently leads on.
    09-23-18 07:13 AM

I doubt there will ever be a KEY3. How many returns this time ?
    09-23-18 07:13 AM
    I think there will, but it will be more of a follow up to the LE than the KEY2, at least as far as price is concerned.

I doubt there are more KEY2 returns than there was KEYone last year since just about every silver model manufactured between April and Early July has had its screen lift, which is more catastrophic than the occasional unit with a looser than normal spacebar.
    09-23-18 07:32 AM
    The carriers advertising $200 off doesn't in any way imply a liquidation of sub-par devices. Look at the monstrous price of the 2-year contract attached to this deal.
    09-23-18 12:33 PM
    So nobody is expecting any innovation of any sort, right?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-18 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope, and neither should we with Apple
    09-25-18 03:22 PM

Just my $0.02.
    Because social dictates that your life is so important to the world that you need to capture every bite of food, every laugh you have and every cool thing going on in your self important life. I prefer a true PIM device first and every other piece second. It's gotten to be too much and actually keeps people from living their lives vs capturing it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I suspect a lot of CK's expectations for the K3 will be fulfilled (cf. His short video).
    09-26-18 04:13 PM
    I suspect a lot of CK's expectations for the K3 will be fulfilled (cf. His short video).
    If they take a look at my IP on a PKB thread, maybe they could achieve it !

/blackberry-keyone-f445/why-pkb-can-have-ip-rating-1142880/
    09-26-18 04:22 PM
    Camera needs to be their number one priority I think. The KEYone's camera wasn't the best but it was acceptable. My KEY2 camera was noticeably poor in many different situations.
    09-28-18 08:34 PM