I have an opportunity to buy a great condition (AT&T branded) Keyone for $200, while a new Keytwo is $700 or so out the door. I'm driving a Priv now, so either of these choices would be an upgrade. I can stroke the bill on the Keytwo by depleting my beer money fund. However I wonder if its $450 better or faster or?? than the Keyone.

* How much longer will the Keyone likely be getting updates?

* How much longer will the Keytwo likely be getting updates?

* What will I loose (or gain) by going to an unlocked phone if anything (I have AT&T service)?
    chain13 likes this.
    09-07-18 04:39 PM
    I bought my keyone for $200 as well. Going to use it till the Key3 comes out.
    hamilgs likes this.
    09-07-18 04:49 PM
    I have an opportunity to buy a great condition (AT&T branded) Keyone for $200, while a new Keytwo is $700 or so out the door. I'm driving a Priv now, so either of these choices would be an upgrade. I can stroke the bill on the Keytwo by depleting my beer money fund. However I wonder if its $450 better or faster or?? than the Keyone.

* What will I loose (or gain) by going to an unlocked phone if anything (I have AT&T service)?
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ has almost two years of updates left, but Android P is not guaranteed.

KEY² has almost three years of updates, and P is committed to.
    hamilgs likes this.
    09-07-18 05:33 PM
    k2 is very fast, no lag. you'll love it. and great battery life.
    hamilgs likes this.
    09-07-18 11:53 PM

Keytwo will have longer software support, go for keytwo instead
    hamilgs likes this.
    09-08-18 12:03 AM
    In either case, it will be an upgrade from the Priv, with the exception of the ability to hide the PKB. KEYone on Oreo is running great for me, and I surprisingly don't feel the need to get at KEY2 at this point. Oreo is the endpoint for KEYone, whereas KEY2 will get Pie. I believe both will continue to get security updates for the next couple of years.

Personally, I will wait for the KEY3 or a KEY2 SE before changing my device. That being said, I've just received a refurbished KEYone after a screen lift on my first one. This device feels brand-new, including even-more exceptional battery life. I plugged in at 51% tonight just because I don't want to worry about charging over the weekend.
    phuoc and hamilgs like this.
    09-08-18 12:31 AM
    Get the K1 and wait for the KEY³ to be released next year. Slightly better specs (dual speakers, better camera at the very least) most likely and no clicky space bar. And all the minor issues will be fixed. The KEY³ will be what the KEY² should have been.
    phuoc and hamilgs like this.
    09-08-18 12:35 AM
    The key two is definitely and upgrade of the key one but 500 $ is a great difference!
    However if your budget is tight I would suggest that you spend a bit more and buy a new key one black edition.
    It's much better built to the original key one and the bigger RAM makes a significant difference to the daily use of the device.
    hamilgs likes this.
    09-08-18 03:23 AM
    If you have kept your phone since the PRIV was announced, I'd say definitely go with the K2. It is *so* much better than the K1 that there is no reason in my mind to go for the older one.

The K1 3GB model honestly was too slow for me to even use. The 4GB BE model was OK but sometimes slow for really hard tasks. The K2 flies through everything I have thrown at it.
    Pistooli and hamilgs like this.
    09-08-18 10:22 PM
    If you have kept your phone since the PRIV was announced, I'd say definitely go with the K2. It is *so* much better than the K1 that there is no reason in my mind to go for the older one.
    A $200 backup and training device while they wait on the K2 price to come down.

Some of us have to work a lot of hours to save $450...
    hamilgs likes this.
    09-09-18 08:22 PM