I remember when the Canadian 2 dollar coin came out and we were all wondering what we would call it... unfortunately "toonie" was the name that took root. Now when we meet foreigners we have to explain a horrible odd story about why we call a 2 dollar coin a "toonie"

I know it's a little different for phones but I really don't like the name "KEYᵗʷᵒ" but like the toonie I'm afraid that's what just going to happen.

Any idea of better names? I think I'd prefer to keep the KEYᵒⁿᵉ branding and just add some iteration after it like "KEYᵒⁿᵉ 2" or "KEYᵒⁿᵉ S" (or whatever number/letter marketing approves)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 01-05-18 at 12:38 PM.
    12-23-17 08:36 PM
    By next year, I'm sure that TCL will come up with a good name for it
    12-23-17 11:24 PM
    KEYtwo
    12-25-17 09:03 AM
    KEYone XL, make it as wide as a Passport's keyboard but with a screen as tall as the Priv's along with stereo speakers
    spreid likes this.
    01-02-18 04:33 AM
    KEYone XL, make it as wide as a Passport's keyboard but with a screen as tall as the Priv's along with stereo speakers
    You want a device as wide as the passport and as tall as the Priv?
    01-02-18 06:48 AM
    No need to reinvent the wheel.... if it's a KEYone successor, they should go with KEYtwo.

I suspect it's more of a "new" device that it meant to complement the KEYone that they will keep making and selling.
    01-02-18 07:28 AM
    Major from factor changes creates unclear upgrade paths and an "us and them" mentality. Blackberry made this mistake with their BB10 line up with the Passport as really the only device that got upgraded specs but upgrade from what? I think there still are Z30 users waiting for an upgrade. Incremental changes are best while you're still developing a user base.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-02-18 07:35 AM
    They said that the name would make more sense once the second one comes out, so... KEYtwo
    01-03-18 02:00 AM
    Major from factor changes creates unclear upgrade paths and an "us and them" mentality. Blackberry made this mistake with their BB10 line up with the Passport as really the only device that got upgraded specs but upgrade from what? I think there still are Z30 users waiting for an upgrade. Incremental changes are best while you're still developing a user base.

Posted via CB10
    The motion is the z30 upgrade. The key one is for the classic, passport and bold 9900
    01-03-18 11:00 AM
    The motion is the z30 upgrade. The key one is for the classic, passport and bold 9900
    people like straight paths. All BB10 full touch devices are to the Motion and all PKB to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ but its a messy line for some. People still cling on these dream devices to fully satisfy what they consider a worthy upgrade. Motion and KEYᵒⁿᵉ are what's on the table right now and I don't see any other lines being introduced.

TCL would be wise to continue with easy to follow upgrade paths (ie. Motion 2, Motion 3.... ) Blackberry didn't do this well (Bold-->Q10-->Classic-->Passport-->???) it's just too hard to follow and in reality after the initial release of BB10 devices the Passport was the only innovative device and upgrade the rest were just repackaged versions of the same thing.

I think I would prefer to keep the KEYᵒⁿᵉ branding with an incremental number/letter at the end (KEYᵒⁿᵉ 2, KEYᵒⁿᵉ II, KEYᵒⁿᵉ SE, etc....)
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 01-05-18 at 12:39 PM.
    01-03-18 10:08 PM
    KeyOne X
    01-04-18 08:33 AM
    KeyOne X
    Think it best that BlackBerry avoid the "X's" and "10".

It was a sign when the named their new OS BBX... without checking the copyrights, which lead them to moving to BB10.
    01-04-18 09:17 AM
    Think it best that BlackBerry avoid the "X's" and "10".

It was a sign when the named their new OS BBX... without checking the copyrights, which lead them to moving to BB10.
    If we are talking about roman numerals "Ⅹ" might be too soon and too iPhone, "Ⅱ" seems like the logical choice.

I suppose you could add buzz words like how Apple does their OS editions just with a security theme like "KEYᵒⁿᵉ Secure" this way they can play into the previous culture of BlackBerry branding (bold, leap, passport) while still retaining the KEYᵒⁿᵉ name. So one could say "What KEYᵒⁿᵉ do you have?" to which the reply would be something like "the secure", "the vault", "the bold" or whatever buzz words they come up with.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 01-05-18 at 12:39 PM.
    01-04-18 01:17 PM
    If we are talking about roman numerals "Ⅹ" might be too soon and too iPhone, "Ⅱ" seems like the logical choice.

I suppose you could add buzz words like how Apple does their OS editions just with a security theme like KEYᵒᶰᵉ Secure" this way they can play into the previous culture of BlackBerry branding (bold, leap, passport) while still retaining the KEYᵒᶰᵉ name. So one could say "What KEYᵒᶰᵉ do you have?" to which the reply would be something like "the secure", "the vault", "the bold" or whatever buzz words they come up with.

Posted via CB10
    Like in the UK, a PRIV Motion?
    01-04-18 03:02 PM
    Like in the UK, a PRIV Motion?
    or they could take a page out of android and name each iteration from letters of the alphabet, just with a security/business theme... might be too corny
    01-05-18 12:36 PM
    If BlackBerry is serious about the brand, they should just call it KEYone again. The slight design changes will let people know it's a KEYone (2018)
    01-10-18 07:48 PM
    Well they are going to have to come up with at least two new names if you take their comments as gospel. Looks like they won't go high end, so a spec bump on the KEYone 3rd Edition.... and a Value Edition

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 10:27 PM
    it should be red and called the KEYone Satan. should be good enough to grab headlines all over the world and the sheer scale of free press can't be ignored. KEYone Satan - it's so hot!
    01-11-18 01:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure that sequel devices will follow KEYone and KEYtwo etc. Other devices will probably invoke some nostalgia or former relation to BB RIM like the Motion did.
    01-11-18 09:49 AM
    so Fire engine red one , called Bold Edition
    01-11-18 12:37 PM
    Given BlackBerry's anal fixation, from a UK perspective, with the Priv and Motion. I'm expecting the BlackBerry Stool.
    01-11-18 01:55 PM
    There's always the shortened KEY2. Just because it hasn't been mentioned.
    01-11-18 02:04 PM
    key-V - 5G handset
    01-11-18 02:10 PM
    Sold! Keyone XL it is. Make it silver and have a slider option.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone successor's name-192990.jpg  
    01-11-18 09:23 PM
    Check out BlackBerry spirit concept in YouTube.

Posted from BlackBerry Z30
    01-14-18 08:05 AM
42 12