So I'm looking to buy a new phone - I used to be a heavy BB user back in the day and I reckon I'm ready to return to the fold. To be honest I really want the Key2 but at £450 it's pretty steep... At that price it will officially be the most I have ever paid for a phone.

Enter the KeyOne BE - it's only £250 (seems like a great price!) but I'm a little bit worried about buying this older version as I don't usually change phones for 3 or so years and want to future proof it.

The major complaints I hear about the KeyOne is that it's a lot slower and the keyboard is less comfortable - but is it worth paying the extra for the newest model? Please help me out folks!
    04-20-19 03:51 PM
    For me it's got to be the Keyone Black Edition , great looking phone, with a better camera and no strange cursor mode problem
    key2 will get Pie upgrade at sometime if that's important to you
    Keyone BE is just great value option
    04-21-19 04:14 AM
    For me it's got to be the Keyone Black Edition , great looking phone, with a better camera and no strange cursor mode problem
    key2 will get Pie upgrade at sometime if that's important to you
    Keyone BE is just great value option
    I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and it does suffer from the swipe-up word replacement issue just as my Key² has/had. The battery on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ doesn't last near as long as the battery on my Key² did. Phone calls sucks the battery life out of my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Now I'm only use my KEYᵒⁿᵉ for work emails.
    04-21-19 05:03 AM
    So I'm looking to buy a new phone - I used to be a heavy BB user back in the day and I reckon I'm ready to return to the fold. To be honest I really want the Key2 but at £450 it's pretty steep... At that price it will officially be the most I have ever paid for a phone.

Enter the KeyOne BE - it's only £250 (seems like a great price!) but I'm a little bit worried about buying this older version as I don't usually change phones for 3 or so years and want to future proof it.

The major complaints I hear about the KeyOne is that it's a lot slower and the keyboard is less comfortable - but is it worth paying the extra for the newest model? Please help me out folks!
    I have the BB key1 black, but have parked it for a key2 LE. I think you're referring to an LE from 350gbp, as a Key2 would cost you 579 GBp on BB EU store.
    From the same store the Key1 BE isn't available.
    If you want to "future proof" your next phone, then getting Android Pie should be on your "must have" list.
    I have the red LE and it does everything I need with specs above the key1 , and a 10% bigger PKB, plus it's lighter, we'll made, and will get android 9.
    The only potential deal breaker is that the keyboard is not a touch one, "capacitive" , and you can't swipe or move pages with it like the Key2. The Key2 has better specs, but I don't need them. Also, I prefer the smaller neater space bar on the LE.

So, my recommendation for a phone you'll amortise over 3 years on a smaller budget is an LE. On the BB EU store you have a dual sim 64gb champagne version for only 399gbp. That's a lot of phone for the price and 280 GBp cheaper than the silver Key2.

A no brainer!
    04-21-19 10:40 AM
    True but I have seen Key2 silver's go for around £469 - so I feel in that case the price upgrade from Key2 LE isn't that much. I really want the capacitive keyboard and the 6gb RAM means that it's way more future proofed. Tbh the LE seems like quite a downgrade in specs considering it's still more expensive than your average phone?
    04-21-19 10:53 AM
    If you can get a Key2 over KEYone BE for only €£$200 premium of €£$450, Id definitely go with the Key2 for sure.
    04-21-19 01:18 PM
    True but I have seen Key2 silver's go for around £469 - so I feel in that case the price upgrade from Key2 LE isn't that much. I really want the capacitive keyboard and the 6gb RAM means that it's way more future proofed. Tbh the LE seems like quite a downgrade in specs considering it's still more expensive than your average phone?
    Correct. Go for the Key2, capacitive keyboard makes all the difference for me. It's one of the features that makes the key series so good. I'd feel lost without it. I have the Key2 silver edition and it's the longest I've kept an android blackberry since the 9900. I still miss my 9900 and I'd go back to it if it wasn't for the key2. Even the key1 made me go back right back to my bold, but something about the key2 made me stick with it.
    04-21-19 02:27 PM
    If you can get a key2 Silver for 469GBP then definitely go for that. It's hard to believe how that's possible. Check out the source of the phone to make sure you get a qwerty keyboard and pull the proverbial trigger.
    To be honest, I'll only got the LE as an interim phone while waiting for the key3. And couldn't justify the price of the key2 .
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-21-19 04:39 PM
    If you can get a key2 Silver for 469GBP then definitely go for that. It's hard to believe how that's possible. Check out the source of the phone to make sure you get a qwerty keyboard and pull the proverbial trigger.
    To be honest, I'll only got the LE as an interim phone while waiting for the key3. And couldn't justify the price of the key2 .
    Yeah it's £469 at Laptops Direct and £479 at Debenhams. Also you can find it refurbished for £300. I'm actually quite tempted to go for the refurb version...
    04-21-19 05:02 PM
    Yeah it's £469 at Laptops Direct and £479 at Debenhams. Also you can find it refurbished for £300. I'm actually quite tempted to go for the refurb version...
    That sounds great. If you're gonna keep it for a few years I'd get it new to get full battery life for one thing, and to know the history. 300£ sounds too cheap.
    All I can say is that if you want a PKB, the key2 is the way to go.
    Good luck with your choice!
    04-21-19 05:42 PM
    That sounds great. If you're gonna keep it for a few years I'd get it new to get full battery life for one thing, and to know the history. 300£ sounds too cheap.
    All I can say is that if you want a PKB, the key2 is the way to go.
    Good luck with your choice!
    Thanks!
    04-21-19 06:30 PM
    Save your money, it's a turkey shoot! You may or may not get an affected PKB unit with the K2.
    04-21-19 06:50 PM
    Save your money, it's a turkey shoot! You may or may not get an affected PKB unit with the K2.
    A turkey shoot, really? How is this useful information?
    04-21-19 08:27 PM
    A turkey shoot, really? How is this useful information?
    Well, as most K2's are effected by the capacitive PKB issues of unwanted SYM VKB/Cursor pop up and word swipe issues, from mild to wild, then yes! A Turkey shoot!
    04-21-19 08:32 PM
    Well, as most K2's are effected by the capacitive PKB issues of unwanted SYM VKB/Cursor pop up and word swipe issues, from mild to wild, then yes! A Turkey shoot!
    And I have yet to see a video of a PKB with no issues. To anyone not going to use the PKB for scrolling or swiping predicted words much the LE is a better choice.
    anon(10387168) and TgeekB like this.
    04-22-19 01:16 AM
    well due to those possible issues, would be better to buy new for a full warranty
    jmhblue likes this.
    04-22-19 01:54 AM
    If you don't want to splash out the full amount you can also pay via PayPal credit on the laptops direct website. I got my new K2 via them and I'm happy enough apart from the swipe up issue as mentioned.
    04-22-19 02:51 AM
    Went with the silver Key2 in the end loving it so far although the spacebar is a teeny bit wobbly. Phone is very fast and it feels great to have PKB again.
    04-27-19 05:38 AM
    I agree much faster and the key board is better, my space bar is also a bit wobbly and more 'clicky' than the other keys.
    04-27-19 05:41 AM