Edit: got a replacement Key2 - spacebar still slightly wobbly, but no more typing issues. Happy with this purchase now and hopefully will just get used to the sound/feel of the spacebar.

Went against my better judgement and purchased
    A Key2 despite the wobbly spacebar I noticed on the demo models. I want to love this device. It feels amazing in the hand. And turns out that my Key2 actually had a pretty sturdy spacebar, so results will vary it seems from model to model like in Erica Griffin's youtube video.

New issue, as an owner of the device - I can't type more than 5 words at a time without:

1) The spacebar failing to register a click and combining words together (despite the super audible click sounds it makes proving that I've pushed it accurately).

2) The spacebar makes an attempt to "catch up" to my typing and records a double-space after missing one earlier.

The keyboard is basically unusable at this point. Returning it to Rogers in the morning for a replacement and hopefully that one also has a firm spacebar that ALSO works properly. Has anyone else experienced this while typing?
    Last edited by markusbeutel; 07-08-18 at 01:55 PM.
    MitchLovesBB10 likes this.
    07-07-18 11:59 PM
    Went against my better judgement and purchased a Key2 despite the wobbly spacebar I noticed on the demo models. I want to love this device. It feels amazing in the hand. And turns out that my Key2 actually had a pretty sturdy spacebar, so results will vary it seems from model to model like in Erica Griffin's youtube video.

New issue, as an owner of the device - I can't type more than 5 words at a time without:

1) The spacebar failing to register a click and combining words together (despite the super audible click sounds it makes proving that I've pushed it accurately).

2) The spacebar makes an attempt to "catch up" to my typing and records a double-space after missing one earlier.

The keyboard is basically unusable at this point. Returning it to Rogers in the morning for a replacement and hopefully that one also has a firm spacebar that ALSO works properly. Has anyone else experienced this while typing?
    Ya man been experiencing the same thing since last week. Here's my original thread about it:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...d-lag-1150550/
    07-08-18 02:45 AM
    Ya man been experiencing the same thing since last week. Here's my original thread about it:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...d-lag-1150550/
    Do you notice the lag with all your keys though? I just have it happening whenever I use the spacebar. If I wrote everything with no spaces and just typed the letters, I don't experience lag. It's weird, and super frustrating.

You should be able ot get a replacement though. Rogers said they'll replace mine in store.
    07-08-18 03:14 AM
    Do you notice the lag with all your keys though? I just have it happening whenever I use the spacebar. If I wrote everything with no spaces and just typed the letters, I don't experience lag. It's weird, and super frustrating.

You should be able ot get a replacement though. Rogers said they'll replace mine in store.
    Factory reset is a good way to rule out any software kinks.. And often the last solution before opting for a replacement
    07-08-18 03:50 AM
    Factory reset is a good way to rule out any software kinks.. And often the last solution before opting for a replacement
    Have done that multiple times - problem persists. Pretty sure it's just something to do with the spacebar - probably some sort of hardware defect because there's definitely faster typers than me out there, and if this was some widespread issue, it'd be more prominent on the forums.
    07-08-18 03:59 AM
    I suggest you create a seperate thread for every single key you have issues with! Go ahead!
    07-08-18 05:21 AM
    I suggest you create a seperate thread for every single key you have issues with! Go ahead!
    Only the spacebar. It's the big one on the bottom that is used more than any other key.
    blandIRON likes this.
    07-08-18 05:27 AM
    Honestly, I think this is a software issue because for the last couple of weeks I've noticed the same problem on my K1.
    07-08-18 05:44 AM
    Honestly, I think this is a software issue because for the last couple of weeks I've noticed the same problem on my K1.
    Wouldn't more people be complaining about it though if that was the case considering we're all running the same software? (I downloaded the latest keyboard beta, didn't fix anything).
    07-08-18 05:57 AM
    Space key is wobbly and feels low quality, but just very tiny litte lag, compared to the other keys. Nothing to worry about (yet?) here.
    07-08-18 07:35 AM
    The wobbly, laggy spacebar is this model's loose screen.
    Glitchy new model...
    will watch from the sidelines with my k1b...
    07-08-18 10:02 AM
    The wobbly, laggy spacebar is this model's loose screen.
    Glitchy new model...
    will watch from the sidelines with my k1b...
    As long as it doesn't actually come off, then it won't be nearly the same level of fiasco as last year.

That said, I'm positive that they will or have already received complaints about it and the following batches will be more rock solid.
    07-08-18 11:06 AM
    As long as it doesn't actually come off, then it won't be nearly the same level of fiasco as last year.

That said, I'm positive that they will or have already received complaints about it and the following batches will be more rock solid.
    Got a replacement, spacebar doesn't misbehave on this one. Must have just been a physical defect on that last one.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-08-18 01:56 PM
    Got a replacement, spacebar doesn't misbehave on this one. Must have just been a physical defect on that last one.
    Let's just say TCL's second/third batches usually get it right.

For example, judging from forum complaints last year, there's quite a big difference in overall build quality when comparing a later built K1 and an early Silver one built in May/June 17'. Complaints died down considerably as the months went by and TCL improved quality control.
    07-08-18 02:24 PM
    just return it. no need to spend $650 on something that doesn't work.
    07-08-18 03:14 PM
    just return it. no need to spend $650 on something that doesn't work.
    I did - got a replacement, and this one works great.
    07-08-18 03:19 PM
    Got mine yesterday - it's doing the same space bar behaviour. Gonna head back and try a new one also
    07-08-18 03:21 PM
    I think TCL will fix the issues for upcoming batches.
    Last edited by krazyatom; 07-08-18 at 04:47 PM.
    07-08-18 03:56 PM
    Got mine yesterday - it's doing the same space bar behaviour. Gonna head back and try a new one also
    Rogers let me try my purchase in store before taking it home to make sure there are no issues with the spacebar on this new model today - first Rogers store I went to didn't let me do this.

Seems all the spacebar react a bit differently. Only uniform thing is that they make the loudest click when pressed dead in the centre, while the left and right sides teeter totter a little bit to varying degrees and are quieter.

Some demos I tried this teeter totter was awful - this second model I have now is quite good. Probably 70-80 percent as firm as the rest of the keys. First one felt like 60, some store models I could rock back and forth with the slightest touch and felt like they'd pop off in a week.

Just do your due diligence and never settle.
    07-08-18 04:44 PM
    Rogers let me try my purchase in store before taking it home to make sure there are no issues with the spacebar on this new model today - first Rogers store I went to didn't let me do this.

Seems all the spacebar react a bit differently. Only uniform thing is that they make the loudest click when pressed dead in the centre, while the left and right sides teeter totter a little bit to varying degrees and are quieter.

Some demos I tried this teeter totter was awful - this second model I have now is quite good. Probably 70-80 percent as firm as the rest of the keys. First one felt like 60, some store models I could rock back and forth with the slightest touch and felt like they'd pop off in a week.

Just do your due diligence and never settle.
    Bell store changed mine no question. Setting up now. I'll let you know how it goes.
    07-08-18 04:54 PM
    Why do we always... talk like this? ;-)
    07-08-18 05:04 PM
    So I replaced mine today and the new one seems better. Haven't had a missed space yet. There does seem to be an occasional lag when I press the space, but so far it always registers
    07-08-18 06:35 PM
    I did - got a replacement, and this one works great.
    Good to know. Not affecting all units, probably a smaller percentage overall though still not really acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-18 07:01 PM
    Good to know. Not affecting all units, probably a smaller percentage overall though still not really acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    Still debating if I want to keep this one. The wobbly space bar is driving me nuts. If I type fast and hit it at weird angles it makes crunching noises...

They really botched the spacebar.
    07-08-18 07:03 PM
    It's the rattling or clacky sound when lightly touched I don't like. I wouldn't mind if it teetered or clicked loudly. I'm returning mine
    07-08-18 08:39 PM
47 12