Anyone using Nova Launcher on their K2? I'm trying to figure out how to (if possible) get the keyboard shortcuts to work. I was reading in the forums something about the convenience key, but it wasn't making much sense to me.

Thanks for the help!
    05-01-19 04:27 PM
    I'm trying to figure out how to (if possible) get the keyboard shortcuts to work.
    Use the Speed Key. If I recall correctly, Nova is one of the few launchers that overtakes the shortcuts. That's why I switched to Lawnchair.
    05-01-19 04:47 PM
    Use the Speed Key. If I recall correctly, Nova is one of the few launchers that overtakes the shortcuts. That's why I switched to Lawnchair.
    Thanks, Bla1ze ... forgot that key even existed. Does Lawnchair let you customize swipe actions, as well?
    05-01-19 04:55 PM
    Thanks, Bla1ze ... forgot that key even existed. Does Lawnchair let you customize swipe actions, as well?
    Nah. It's not that advanced. It's kept very lightweight.
    05-01-19 04:57 PM
    But not to worry, we will have a new launcher by BlackBerry within 2 - 3 years here. Hang tight!

(Sorry, I had to).
    05-01-19 05:17 PM
    But not to worry, we will have a new launcher by BlackBerry within 2 - 3 years here. Hang tight!

(Sorry, I had to).
    Then EOL shortly after that.
    05-01-19 06:32 PM
    Then EOL shortly after that.
    I mean, that's a given isn't it.
    05-01-19 06:40 PM
    Sorry for being dense, but I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "overtakes the shortcuts".

I tried Lawnchair and I still have to use the speed key. So I think I'm missing or misinterpreting something.

Nice launcher though. Better than Samsung's mess.
    05-01-19 06:57 PM
    Sorry for being dense, but I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "overtakes the shortcuts".

I tried Lawnchair and I still have to use the speed key. So I think I'm missing or misinterpreting something.

Nice launcher though. Better than Samsung's mess.
    Hrm, yeah. Guess I worded that oddly. You'll still have to use the Speed Key. I just meant I switch from Nova to Lawnchair because it wasn't providing access to the shortcuts and it was a heavier app anyway, so there was no point for me to use Nova when I could use something lighter.

That said, the Alpha version of Lawnchair is all new and includes gestures and more. I haven't tried it lately though to see if it works with shortcuts. - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/delete...alpha-release/
    RWIndiana likes this.
    05-01-19 07:05 PM
    I use the nova launcher. It only works w/ the speed key + [letter] shortcut. Long-press shortcut won't work w/ nova launcher
    05-03-19 03:32 PM
    I use the nova launcher. It only works w/ the speed key + [letter] shortcut. Long-press shortcut won't work w/ nova launcher
    You can use button mapper to have shortcuts without needing the speed key.
    Jonneh likes this.
    05-05-19 10:52 PM