Okay everyone I think I've gone bonkers with keyboard shortcuts but figured I'd share mine to see what everyone else has. I've used Button mapper to give me a 3rd shortcut for many keys. If you add a key with button mapper and change its "long press" (>1000ms) you can add yet another shortcut.

Looking for new ideas for the unassigned keys I have

Keyboard shortcut addict!-2019-01-17_16-02-45.png
    Vistaus and AbeM25 like this.
    01-17-19 03:05 PM
    That's awesome.. but honestly, how do you remember them all?
    01-17-19 04:48 PM
    That's awesome.. but honestly, how do you remember them all?
    Somehow, I get it correct about 95% of the time ;-)
    01-17-19 06:16 PM
    Excellent, I have been doing a lot of research to use my key2 without touching screen as far as possible.

I found shortcuts are available for almost all the actions in twitter app
    In google chrome, there are many shortcuts but they are with Ctrl key. I have remapped Currency key to Ctrl key and I find it difficult to press other keys with Ctrl key combination as it is located at bottom right. Big setback

And I'm also using button mapper which is the best app and saving grace for me. I'm almost using all the available functions with that app.

I will look forward for more tips around keyboard
    01-18-19 07:03 AM
    I always set "U" to be the calculator, habit from the shortcut that existed on old school blackberries.
    01-18-19 01:20 PM
    Excellent, I have been doing a lot of research to use my key2 without touching screen as far as possible.

I found shortcuts are available for almost all the actions in twitter app
    In google chrome, there are many shortcuts but they are with Ctrl key. I have remapped Currency key to Ctrl key and I find it difficult to press other keys with Ctrl key combination as it is located at bottom right. Big setback

And I'm also using button mapper which is the best app and saving grace for me. I'm almost using all the available functions with that app.

I will look forward for more tips around keyboard
    Can you explain how you're using button mapper? Love the app so would be interested in doing more with it!
    01-18-19 08:41 PM
    I always set "U" to be the calculator, habit from the shortcut that existed on old school blackberries.
    Come to think of it I don't have a shortcut for the calculator
    01-18-19 08:42 PM
    Can you explain how you're using button mapper? Love the app so would be interested in doing more with it!
    I can't answer here how to use button mapper, however if you have any specific question I can answer. If you want to learn, how to use button mapper, then you can watch any youtube video.
    01-19-19 03:07 AM
    I can't answer here how to use button mapper, however if you have any specific question I can answer. If you want to learn, how to use button mapper, then you can watch any youtube video.
    Sorry my question should've been clearer

I know how to use it - I was just curious as to what youre using it to do? Map buttons in particular apps? Or just other long-press shortcut keys like I'm using it for?
    01-19-19 04:59 AM
    Sorry my question should've been clearer

I know how to use it - I was just curious as to what youre using it to do? Map buttons in particular apps? Or just other long-press shortcut keys like I'm using it for?
    Read my post in the screenshot
    emaniloff likes this.
    01-20-19 01:46 PM
    I wish there was a way to press a single shortcut key and get a popup menu so one key could potentially launch multiple apps. Example: Press M and get a popup menu allowing me to launch Maps, MyFitnessPal, Messages, etc. or W to launch WhatsApp, Waze, or Weather. This would make it really easy to remember hotkeys. Yes, it would add one more keypress or menu selection, but I'd like to have the option.
    03-27-19 12:02 AM
    I wish there was a way to press a single shortcut key and get a popup menu so one key could potentially launch multiple apps. Example: Press M and get a popup menu allowing me to launch Maps, MyFitnessPal, Messages, etc. or W to launch WhatsApp, Waze, or Weather. This would make it really easy to remember hotkeys. Yes, it would add one more keypress or menu selection, but I'd like to have the option.
    This is totally possible - I've actually done this same thing. I've made a long press for all my two-factor authentication apps to show up under one keypress. I used tasker and scenes to accomplish this - I hold down the key and the scene pops up with my three apps - Authy/Microsoft Authenicator/Google Authenticator. Works well!
    03-27-19 08:57 AM
    This is totally possible - I've actually done this same thing. I've made a long press for all my two-factor authentication apps to show up under one keypress. I used tasker and scenes to accomplish this - I hold down the key and the scene pops up with my three apps - Authy/Microsoft Authenicator/Google Authenticator. Works well!
    Sounds cool. I've not yet used tasker or scenes. I'm interested in more detail.

You have one key that pops up a theme with tree apps. Would you then create 1 scene for each key? (Maybe if I knew tasker and scenes, the answer would be obvious.)
    03-27-19 11:51 AM
    Sounds cool. I've not yet used tasker or scenes. I'm interested in more detail.

You have one key that pops up a theme with tree apps. Would you then create 1 scene for each key? (Maybe if I knew tasker and scenes, the answer would be obvious.)
    Yeah exactly - scenes have an option for a Menu, on which you can place any number of icons you'd like.

Here is a screenshot of when I hit the shortcut key on the keyboard for my 2-factor authentication apps.

I intend to use this feature more - for navigation apps / music stuff, etc - stuff that I access semi-frequently but want at easy-access to vs. the daily apps that I use more frequently that I want to access via one shortcut

Thanks for the idea - I never tried doing this until you mentioned it

Keyboard shortcut addict!-screenshot_20190327-131613.jpg
    03-28-19 11:07 AM
    Yeah exactly - scenes have an option for a Menu, on which you can place any number of icons you'd like.

Here is a screenshot of when I hit the shortcut key on the keyboard for my 2-factor authentication apps.

I intend to use this feature more - for navigation apps / music stuff, etc - stuff that I access semi-frequently but want at easy-access to vs. the daily apps that I use more frequently that I want to access via one shortcut

Thanks for the idea - I never tried doing this until you mentioned it
    Fantastic! I downloaded tasker a bit ago, setup a scene with 4 icons, each of which launches a corresponding app. I created a task to display the scene. Then I assigned that task to a keyboard shortcut. Pressed the keyboard shortcut and got the scene, allowing me to launch any 1 of the 4 apps. That's exactly what I wanted!

So, when I only have 1 or 2 apps for a keyboard shortcut, I can use the normal methods of assigning a long and/or short press. If I want 3 or more actions for a single shortcut, I can create a scene displaying the app icons, create a task, and assign that task to the shortcut. I won't need scenes/tasks all that often (I think), but there are times when several apps are most easily remembered by the starting letter or other memorable mnemonic . And not everything needs to be started with a hotkey, but for things used a lot, it's very handy.

Thanks, mmmac!
    03-28-19 07:00 PM
    Fantastic! I downloaded tasker a bit ago, setup a scene with 4 icons, each of which launches a corresponding app. I created a task to display the scene. Then I assigned that task to a keyboard shortcut. Pressed the keyboard shortcut and got the scene, allowing me to launch any 1 of the 4 apps. That's exactly what I wanted!

So, when I only have 1 or 2 apps for a keyboard shortcut, I can use the normal methods of assigning a long and/or short press. If I want 3 or more actions for a single shortcut, I can create a scene displaying the app icons, create a task, and assign that task to the shortcut. I won't need scenes/tasks all that often (I think), but there are times when several apps are most easily remembered by the starting letter or other memorable mnemonic . And not everything needs to be started with a hotkey, but for things used a lot, it's very handy.

Thanks, mmmac!
    No problem, let me know what scenes you setup? I'm looking for ideas

I was thinking for a Finance one with all my banking apps
    Maybe a Transport one (with Uber/Lyft/Maps/Waze)

Interested to hear what you're doing on your end with the scenes!
    03-29-19 08:52 AM

Thanks, mmmac!
    Having some weird issues with icons not showing up .... on certain apps only
    03-29-19 09:57 AM
    No problem, let me know what scenes you setup? I'm looking for ideas

I was thinking for a Finance one with all my banking apps
    Maybe a Transport one (with Uber/Lyft/Maps/Waze)

Interested to hear what you're doing on your end with the scenes!
    I'm sure I won't be doing anything overly interesting with scenes. As I said, I really just wanted to be able to use a single shortcut for a menu of apps, if there are multiple apps that are easily/logically associated with that hotkey. For example, I use two calculator apps, calendar, and another calendar related app that might all be easily remembered as long-pressing C. (As a longtime bby user, I know calendar was accessed with L, and I remember that, but now I use L for other things.)

I already group my apps into folders (all of which fit on a single screen), so when I'm going for utilities, sports, messaging, social media, or whatever, I just click that folder and then the specific app. Typically, I'm no more than 3 keystrokes away from accessing any app. (Access the desktop, click the folder, click the app.)

I like keyboard shortcuts, but my goal isn't to have one for every app. I just want shortcuts to the things I use most often, and things I might want to access while I'm in the midst of something else. Most of the time, I'm perfectly fine hitting the main screen and picking the app from a folder.
    03-29-19 11:14 AM
    is the scenes function in tasker easy to set up? I use tasker a fair bit but have never known what scenes is for.
    03-29-19 04:20 PM
    is the scenes function in tasker easy to set up? I use tasker a fair bit but have never known what scenes is for.
    Yep pretty easy - I just started with this tutorial because I was lost at the onset

basically you need to insert a menu with a grid if items (app icons, etc).

It's working very well so far, like the solution! Let me know if any specific questions!
    03-30-19 02:25 PM
    Really interesting these apps...
    One q, how do u prevent to launch shorcuts when texting?... can't find the option of the app and I feel really annoying when using whatsapp or just texting an email.
    04-01-19 07:53 PM
    Really interesting these apps...
    One q, how do u prevent to launch shorcuts when texting?... can't find the option of the app and I feel really annoying when using whatsapp or just texting an email.
    The main shortcuts only work on the main screen or by pressing it with the shortcut key....
    So it should not affect any other operations - I use only the very long press with button mapper....
    04-01-19 07:57 PM
    Ok, but it does on Blackberry launcher, when I text anything it runs the shortcut if I don't writte little fast or if I press the letter alone. I suppose It doesn't works like this in other launcher or just use long press to avoid it?
    04-01-19 08:03 PM
    Ok, but it does on Blackberry launcher, when I text anything it runs the shortcut if I don't writte little fast or if I press the letter alone. I suppose It doesn't works like this in other launcher or just use long press to avoid it?
    That should not be happening when you're texting someone. The launcher should only launch shortcuts when at the home screen and/or when pressed with the shortcut key held down simultaneously. Sounds like something might be wrong with the device?
    04-01-19 08:14 PM
    That should not be happening when you're texting someone. The launcher should only launch shortcuts when at the home screen and/or when pressed with the shortcut key held down simultaneously. Sounds like something might be wrong with the device?
    Ok there is a misunderstood. Blackberry shorcuts works well for me. I mean when I use Button Remapper app , if I remap any key , it activates the remapped function even when I'm texting. Its the only annoying thing I found with that app.
    04-01-19 08:19 PM
34 12