Hello, I need to replace. a keyboard in my BB Key 2. I found a service point which undertook to replace it. Afterwards, I got a message from them that key 'space' wasn't working. But they hadn't reestablished fatory settings. Is it normal and does a keyboard replacement require to re-establish factory settings? And will it work afterwards? Or should it already work after the replacement?

Regards
    David
    05-12-21 10:24 AM
    Hello, I need to replace. a keyboard in my BB Key 2. I found a service point which undertook to replace it. Afterwards, I got a message from them that key 'space' wasn't working. But they hadn't reestablished fatory settings. Is it normal and does a keyboard replacement require to re-establish factory settings? And will it work afterwards? Or should it already work after the replacement?

Regards
    David
    It should work right after the keyboard has been replaced and should not need a factory reset.

Did you provide them with the new keyboard, or did they get it themselves?

Cause either that replacement keyboard is defective, or they haven't done something right.
    05-12-21 10:42 AM
    Thanks for the information. They'd found the keyboard on the Internet themselves. I don't know if it is the keyboard or the service. The service men acted fair becasue they put my old keyboard back and charged nothing for it. I live in Poland in Poznań and it's quite difficult to find a service of keyboard replacement. I don't know what to do now. Does it make any sense to look for a keyboard on ebay or is it better to buy a second-hand phone like BB Key 2LL at e.g. $150? Then I could wait up until OM has released the new phone or new Titan pocket comes out.
    05-12-21 10:48 AM
    Thanks for the information. They'd found the keyboard on the Internet themselves. I don't know if it is the keyboard or the service. The service men acted fair becasue they put my old keyboard back and charged nothing for it. I live in Poland in Poznań and it's quite difficult to find a service of keyboard replacement. I don't know what to do now. Does it make any sense to look for a keyboard on ebay or is it better to buy a second-hand phone like BB Key 2LL at e.g. $150? Then I could wait up until OM has released the new phone or new Titan pocket comes out.
    If you can find a working KEY2 LE for only $150 that would be great, though security updates have stopped last November of 2020.
    Then once you transfer everything over to the LE, you could sell your KEY2 as non-working/for parts on eBay and see what you can get for it.

Because if you order another replacement keyboard for your KEY2 from AliExpress for example, we don't know if it'll work this time, since they already opened up the phone and touched some things in there.
    05-12-21 11:22 AM
    was it for the correct model? the KEY² came as full KEY² and KEY² LE which did not have the capacitive layer for KB swipes. Maybe you got the incorrect part. Check Alibaba and look on other places for a NEW one for your model and see about it. it should be easily installed and work immediately.
    05-12-21 11:46 AM
    Thank You for Your help!
    05-12-21 01:41 PM
    was it for the correct model? the KEY² came as full KEY² and KEY² LE which did not have the capacitive layer for KB swipes. Maybe you got the incorrect part. Check Alibaba and look on other places for a NEW one for your model and see about it. it should be easily installed and work immediately.
    If the shop ordered an LE keyboard to put in his KEY2, there's no way the thing would even plug itself in, as it's a completely different part.
    05-12-21 03:25 PM