Its possible yes. Just seems odd that its not more prevelant with other devices. Are you restoring from previous device? Could this be an app or something you already have installed? Do you have any sort of antivirus/cache cleaner apps installed? Or screen saver/background apps?

Maybe try to set up as a new device and see what happens.
    No, both setup as new devices, on the replacement one I didn't even setup a Google account the first time and just used it out of the box without anything else installed. The very same behaviour, regardless if used "blank" or doing another factory reset and install my stuff. There is not antivirus or other system modifying apps installed. Actually I am pretty light on apps anyways.

I also get doubletyping with the new one from time to time. Anyways, the BlackBerry Mobile support told me, they submitted my case to their development team who should look into it - they are ruling out a hardware issue (as do I!).
    MitchLovesBB10 likes this.
    07-04-18 07:32 PM
    Got my new device today. Same issue, massive lag when I type fast. Ugh
    07-10-18 12:14 PM
    Got my new device today. Same issue, massive lag when I type fast. Ugh
    I have the exact same issue on my Key2. I sent it in for a keyboard repair and same issue. Wiped, reset. Same problem. It can't keep up with my typing speed. Usually it misses spaces especially double spaces that result in a period. But it also misses capitalizing letters in a new sentence often.

SOOOOOO frustrating. We literally buy this device FOR the physical keyboard because we can type super fast on it. But it can't keep up and because of that the autocorrect will often make super insane suggestions based on the keystroke it misses. It's clearly software for me because sometimes it's much better than others, but it happens regardless of whether I have other apps running or not. Why can't they just set a high priority on the BlackBerry keyboard app so it works before anything else????

Seriously, this really needs to be addressed because without a physical keyboard that can keep up with my typing speed I have no reason to own this phone!
    12-05-19 10:50 AM
    Factory reset without importing any data/settings (apps or settings too) what-so-ever from your Google account except the contacts, should rule out any physical problems. Software can cause many issues with old/obsolete settings in place (especially after an update).

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-05-19 01:41 PM
29 12