So I replaced the keyboard I broke on my KeyOne (accidentally popped the space bar off and broke the cable) in preparation to give it to my uncle to... broaden his horizons.

In testing the new keyboard I was struck by how much BETTER the KeyOne keyboard feels than my Key2. Anyone else have this same opinion or am I all alone here? I'd personally love whatever the next gen is going to be to revert to the KeyOne style keyboard. Neither are bad mind you I just found the KeyOne more satisfying to type on.
    02-05-20 12:22 PM
    So I replaced the keyboard I broke on my KeyOne (accidentally popped the space bar off and broke the cable) in preparation to give it to my uncle to... broaden his horizons.

In testing the new keyboard I was struck by how much BETTER the KeyOne keyboard feels than my Key2. Anyone else have this same opinion or am I all alone here? I'd personally love whatever the next gen is going to be to revert to the KeyOne style keyboard. Neither are bad mind you I just found the KeyOne more satisfying to type on.
    To each his own. Personally I like my KEY² keyboard far more than my KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard.
    02-05-20 12:49 PM
    The KEYone had a better designed spacebar (those like yours which flew off almost never happened)

...but that's about it.

Everything else about the KEY2 keyboard is better.
    02-05-20 01:57 PM
    The KEYone had a better designed spacebar (those like yours which flew off almost never happened)

...but that's about it.

Everything else about the KEY2 keyboard is better.
    Was my fault it came off... was having issues with it being recognized. Guess I wore it out. Read somewhere about putting a drop of alcohol on there to try and get out whatever dirt was causing it to be difficult to register the press... well that worked but it also messed with the integrity of the adhesive (which I should have seen coming). After a few semi clever attempts at repair trying to get the little ribbon that keeps the space bar attached to stick back down I trashed it accidentally.

I took that as a sign from above that I needed a Key2... but I hate to see an otherwise good phone down so I snagged a replacement keyboard and promptly forgot about it for about 6 months!
    02-05-20 02:12 PM
    On KeyOne I actually liked it a little smaller. I'm more accurate on Key² though.
    02-05-20 04:55 PM
    Was my fault it came off... was having issues with it being recognized. Guess I wore it out. Read somewhere about putting a drop of alcohol on there to try and get out whatever dirt was causing it to be difficult to register the press... well that worked but it also messed with the integrity of the adhesive (which I should have seen coming). After a few semi clever attempts at repair trying to get the little ribbon that keeps the space bar attached to stick back down I trashed it accidentally.

I took that as a sign from above that I needed a Key2... but I hate to see an otherwise good phone down so I snagged a replacement keyboard and promptly forgot about it for about 6 months!
    Just grab a replacement keyboard on eBay for like $30 so you have a fully functional KEYone
    02-05-20 08:37 PM
    Just grab a replacement keyboard on eBay for like $30 so you have a fully functional KEYone
    I did. That’s what started this. I finally got around to installing it.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-05-20 10:21 PM

It's the glossy keys. I was reminded often how much I loved the keyone due to the feel of the typing. With the key2, maybe once it evoked the same feeling. So it must be the coating of the keys that make the difference.
    02-05-20 11:30 PM
    Just coming onto a key2 I far prefer it to my key1. The force to depress the keys is lighter, which I find makes my typing faster. And I prefer the matte finish to the glossy. To ach his own ;-) there will be no new keyboard though... so this is it. The k2 is alright by me e, even if it is the very last blackberry device...
    the_boon likes this.
    02-06-20 08:52 AM
    out of the KeyOne, and the Key2, I like the KeyOne better... but I prefer the Q10 keyboard over both..
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-06-20 08:56 PM
    I like the keyboard of the keyone more than the key2. The clickyness (is it right?) is softer at the key2 and I accidentally hit more often the spacebar if I try to hit the bottom row of the keys.
    The keys of the keyone having more resistance to press them. I like that.
    02-10-20 08:53 AM
    And I think keyboard on LE is even better.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-17-20 11:55 AM