I recently bought a Key2 and I am finding that the autocorrect is HORRIBLE. For example, it literally won't change "doesnt" to "doesn't" - truly unbelievable and horrible compared to the BB Classic that I just switched from. And random words are being capitalized (which I know is a bug/issue) that is also extremely annoying.

Short of turning all of the autocorrect off, is there an alternative (maybe Google keyboard or something else) that can be used in place of the BB Keyboard, given the PKB? I don't want to cause a problem with my PKB as a result of switching keyboards, which is why I am asking.

Overall I am really liking my phone but I need to sort this out, as it's ironic that the 1 think you buy this for (the keyboard!) has software that just isn't up to par...

Thanks for your help,
    Jeremy
    robnhl likes this.
    05-04-19 11:26 PM
    settings --> System --> Language and Input --> Keyboard Settings --> BlackBerry Keyboard --> --> Prediction and Correction --> Word Substitution --> add at the top right corner.

it's not perfect but it comes in handy. you can mold it however you want it. ex: I have "wer" to change to "we're" that way I can just type out "were" without worrying about which one shows up.
    05-05-19 12:10 PM
    Don't bother entering your contractions into word substitution. Once you restart your phone the "remember this capitalization" option will become checked for all your entries and you'll end up with lowercase contractions at the beginning of your sentences, and vice versa. Been a bug since the Key1.
    05-05-19 04:20 PM
    I recently bought a Key2 and I am finding that the autocorrect is HORRIBLE. For example, it literally won't change "doesnt" to "doesn't" - truly unbelievable and horrible compared to the BB Classic that I just switched from. And random words are being capitalized (which I know is a bug/issue) that is also extremely annoying.

Short of turning all of the autocorrect off, is there an alternative (maybe Google keyboard or something else) that can be used in place of the BB Keyboard, given the PKB? I don't want to cause a problem with my PKB as a result of switching keyboards, which is why I am asking.

Overall I am really liking my phone but I need to sort this out, as it's ironic that the 1 think you buy this for (the keyboard!) has software that just isn't up to par...

Thanks for your help,
    Jeremy
    I believe you can make autocorrect more aggressive as well, which will probably help with some of the contractions. It's a sliding setting somewhere. It's set to low for the physical keyboard because it assumes that you are mostly typing exactly what you want with a PKB. I actually turned it off because I hate autocorrect.
    05-05-19 05:14 PM
    Thanks for everyone's responses. Yes - I have encountered the capitalization bug upon restart so I have avoided the substitutions because that has caused challenges for me with the capitalizations.

As for the more aggressive corrections, I will give that a try - thanks.

Anyone have any suggestions on a keyboard alternative for autocorrect? Thanks very much.
    05-05-19 06:45 PM
    Thanks for everyone's responses. Yes - I have encountered the capitalization bug upon restart so I have avoided the substitutions because that has caused challenges for me with the capitalizations.

As for the more aggressive corrections, I will give that a try - thanks.

Anyone have any suggestions on a keyboard alternative for autocorrect? Thanks very much.
    SwiftKey. Helps with the physical space bar issue if you're experiencing it.
    08-17-19 04:55 AM
    Totally agree, the auto correct is horrible. And it will sometimes insert 2-3 words at a time. Have not found a solution since launch and no PKB update has fully addressed the issue. Perhaps @LiamQ can shed some more light on the issue. Good luck,

Posted with my Passport
    08-17-19 03:10 PM
    Totally agree, the auto correct is horrible. And it will sometimes insert 2-3 words at a time. Have not found a solution since launch and no PKB update has fully addressed the issue. Perhaps @LiamQ can shed some more light on the issue. Good luck,

Posted with my Passport
    I just don't understand. I've never seen this behaviour even once. And I think everyone knows how much I type everyday. So strange.
    08-17-19 04:07 PM

Posted with my Passport
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Key², and Key²LE have not had that double word issue at all.
    08-17-19 04:54 PM
    I just don't understand. I've never seen this behaviour even once. And I think everyone knows how much I type everyday. So strange.
    It doesn't happen very often anymore, but it is far from perfect.

Posted with my Passport
    08-17-19 09:33 PM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Key², and Key²LE have not had that double word issue at all.
    Not specifically talking about double words, talking about unwanted word substitutions, unwanted grouped word substitution, incorrect word corrections and obvious word corrections missed. Does not happen often anymore, but still happens annoyingly often. And yes, did not happen with my K1 or my Passport, so it is a K2 issue. Hope they fix it already! It's been long enough!

Posted with my Passport
    08-17-19 09:40 PM