Is that they might get caught in the whole "no bezels" trend that every other company is going for, and that we lose the notification LED for that. I would really be disappointed if that happened to be the case.
    KitJackson67, Jake2826 and PALoeza like this.
    02-16-19 12:25 PM
    the most important thing in my opinion is on screen navigation buttons cause there's a really huge wasted space between edge of keyboard and screen.
    02-16-19 01:54 PM
    Is that they might get caught in the whole "no bezels" trend that every other company is going for, and that we lose the notification LED for that. I would really be disappointed if that happened to be the case.
    Maybe by that time there's an under-the-screen LED solution, just like we have in-screen fingerprint sensors and under-the-screen cameras now?
    Livermore likes this.
    02-16-19 03:36 PM
    That would be disappointing for sure. Would be a deal breaker for me. I really like the led notifications. I use them more then sound. Driving in a semi I can not hear many of my notification sounds but I can see a light blinking.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-16-19 10:20 PM
    the most important thing in my opinion is on screen navigation buttons cause there's a really huge wasted space between edge of keyboard and screen.
    This was also something users of the KEYone said. Still TCL chose not to listen for some reason.

Not having the on screen buttons also has its advantages of course.

I would rather see they make the phone just a tad wider to have a little more travel on the keyboard.

As a business user I didn't mind the square form factor of te Paspport SE. Not everyone uses a phone to watch Netflix and take selfies.

😁
    Vistaus and oc6204 like this.
    02-17-19 11:55 AM
    This was also something users of the KEYone said. Still TCL chose not to listen for some reason.

Not having the on screen buttons also has its advantages of course.

I would rather see they make the phone just a tad wider to have a little more travel on the keyboard.

As a business user I didn't mind the square form factor of te Paspport SE. Not everyone uses a phone to watch Netflix and take selfies.

������
    The reason the phone isn’t wider is that BBMo doesn’t want to have the awkward shape and size of the Passport form. It appeals to users that want to be different, at the expense of those preferring mainstream. Since the PKB is unique in this day and time, Key series is about unusual as the mainstream users will consider.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-17-19 12:42 PM
    The reason the phone isn’t wider is that BBMo doesn’t want to have the awkward shape and size of the Passport form. It appeals to users that want to be different, at the expense of those preferring mainstream. Since the PKB is unique in this day and time, Key series is about unusual as the mainstream users will consider.
    Another issue is that the PKB base of users is somewhat static and a wider Key device would take from the same pool rather than increasing the pool size. A Priv 2 attracts occasional PKB users who prefer to use the PKB for longer messaging. The PRIV would probably have a higher ASP as well .

The Chen inspired 9900 redo might attract a niche OEM like Punkt.
    02-17-19 03:47 PM
    And exactly how many mainstream users have considered a KEY series device so far...?
    02-17-19 04:02 PM
    Maybe, but Android (hence also the apps) simply doesn't support 1:1 aspect ratio, so making a Passport 2 won't happen
    02-17-19 04:50 PM
    This would be a deal breaker for me. I will then stick to the KEY2 or LE
    02-17-19 04:50 PM
    And exactly how many mainstream users have considered a KEY series device so far...?
    More than would buy a Passport shaped Key# running Android basically. Traditional PKB like Curve, Bold, Q10 and Classic far outsold Passport due to traditional look and size inside pocket.
    02-17-19 05:14 PM
    More than would buy a Passport shaped Key# running Android basically. Traditional PKB like Curve, Bold, Q10 and Classic far outsold Passport due to traditional look and size inside pocket.
    LOL. If you think mainstream people seriously consider buying a KEY device, even in the KEY2 form factor, then I got some news for you...
    02-17-19 05:29 PM
    LOL. If you think mainstream people seriously consider buying a KEY device, even in the KEY2 form factor, then I got some news for you...
    Obviously, I’m referring to sliver of the mainstream that needs or wants a PKB however Android/IOS ecosystem was preferred over BBOS and BB10 ecosystems. I have no illusions as I dual carry Android/IOS but watch people see my PKB and think I’m stuck 5-10 years ago....LOL
    02-17-19 05:32 PM
    Obviously, I’m referring to sliver of the mainstream that needs or wants a PKB however Android/IOS ecosystem was preferred over BBOS and BB10 ecosystems. I have no illusions as I dual carry Android/IOS but watch people see my PKB and think I’m stuck 5-10 years ago....LOL
    I still don't see why you think mainstream people would want a PKB. Where are you getting these figures from? In fact, as made clear by the various posts on CrackBerry, most mainstream people think BlackBerry is dead, so how can they consider a device they don't even know exists?
    02-17-19 05:35 PM
    Maybe, but Android (hence also the apps) simply doesn't support 1:1 aspect ratio, so making a Passport 2 won't happen
    All they have to do is make it the same width as the Passport and make it taller. Keeping the 3:2 aspect ratio.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-17-19 05:42 PM
    I still don't see why you think mainstream people would want a PKB. Where are you getting these figures from? In fact, as made clear by the various posts on CrackBerry, most mainstream people think BlackBerry is dead, so how can they consider a device they don't even know exists?
    When you walk into a retailer like BestBuy, the Key2 and then later replaced by Key2 LE, are right in front. Ive watched people hold them from curiosity and surprised when running Android in their hands. If 100 people a day look at unlocked phones and two pickup the Key2 LE and play with it, then brand awareness has been reestablished with two people.

Again, I’m saying I’d support whatever PKB device BBMo introduces with carrier support. Tool belt or not. Any of these would stand a better chance of success than Passport with its freakish shape. The Q10 and Classic did far better in AT&T stores than Passport ever did...
    02-17-19 05:45 PM
    When you walk into a retailer like BestBuy, the Key2 and then later replaced by Key2 LE, are right in front. Ive watched people hold them from curiosity and surprised when running Android in their hands. If 100 people a day look at unlocked phones and two pickup the Key2 LE and play with it, then brand awareness has been reestablished with two people.

Again, I’m saying I’d support whatever PKB device BBMo introduces with carrier support. Tool belt or not. Any of these would stand a better chance of success than Passport with its freakish shape. The Q10 and Classic did far better in AT&T stores than Passport ever did...
    Okay, so US people are more inclined. That's good to hear. But still. here in Europe, BlackBerry is declared dead by most mainstream people and very few shops actually carry a BlackBerry these days. So I still stand by what I said.

But if you're talking about people getting interested: my mum and I both got lots and lots of positive response from people when we carried our Passports. I have not yet gotten any response on the KEY2 (and neither does she) in the past 6 months or so.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-17-19 05:51 PM
    Okay, so US people are more inclined. That's good to hear. But still. here in Europe, BlackBerry is declared dead by most mainstream people and very few shops actually carry a BlackBerry these days. So I still stand by what I said. Alcatel is more popular here in Europe, so TCL is popular, just not with BlackBerry.

But if you're talking about people getting interested: my mum and I both got lots and lots of positive response from people when we carried our Passports. I have not yet gotten any response on the KEY2 (and neither does she) in the past 6 months or so.
    BB is just as dead here relatively speaking, but I think it’s slowly rebuilding the brands awareness. Double of .1% is .2% and imagine hitting .5% share....
    02-17-19 05:57 PM
    BB is just as dead here relatively speaking, but I think it’s slowly rebuilding the brands awareness. Double of .1% is .2% and imagine hitting .5% share....
    LMAO. If they ever reach .5%, I will eat my KEY2 for lunch.
    02-17-19 06:01 PM
    All they have to do is make it the same width as the Passport and make it taller. Keeping the 3:2 aspect ratio.
    That would be quite weird, but I'd still buy it in a heartbeat. And Tim Allen would likely buy it as well, which gives TCL a nice boost, given the fact that he loved his BB10 Passport as well.
    02-17-19 06:04 PM
    The LED is so pathetically small and dim it can only be clearly noticed in a shaded part of the office or darker environments. If they can't get that right I fear the more complex issues around the keyboard will remain unresolved. That would be a disaster for BBMo. I don't think they could survive if they manufactured a compromised third device. let's hope it's third time lucky.
    02-17-19 06:07 PM
    My perspective is that the KEY phones are already too wide for easy one-handed use, so they might as well be a seven inch phablet. I am so very tired of the mainstream form factors that have made most current phones useless for my purposes.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Vistaus, Jake2826 and elfabio80 like this.
    02-17-19 06:23 PM
    The one handed phone guru is a dying breed . All the fast typists I have observed are using the two thumb approach. They seem to be lightning fast too. Not Me, I am embarrassingly slow with one or two hands.
    02-17-19 10:18 PM
    I also desperately miss the ease of one handed usage of the berries of old. Apparently the K2 is a bit more ergonomic so they say.

If they can manage to make the K3 a bit more compact and one-hand friendly, it would be a big improvement. And I don't mean one-handed typing, I mean one handed looking up a contact, making a phone call, filing emails, etc. The K1 slides right out of your hand if you don't maintain a death grip, it's simply not possible to use one-handed for anything other than scrolling.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-18-19 12:08 AM
    I would not want a wider phone than this. Or bigger for that matter. I think Blackberry KEY² is pretty much the best it can be for size and balance. Led light could be brighter but I'm just happy it has one. I wish notifications and actually. Being able to set led to accounts worked better but I think that is Android issue

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-18-19 08:31 AM
87 123 ...