I am curious will their be a key3 launched this year ??
    01-14-19 05:04 PM
    There's no sign of the KEY3 as of yet, but you may refer to some of the already existing threads for further discussion - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../key3-1161446/
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-15-19 12:33 PM
    I think they should take their time on it. The less initial stock issues the better.
    01-15-19 01:40 PM
    01-15-19 01:40 PM
    hopefully more gap between handsets = more significant and less incremental updates.
    01-15-19 01:41 PM
    hopefully more gap between handsets = more significant and less incremental updates.
    Significant? Like what?

The options for new Qualcomm midgrade processors are limited right now.

Hardware wise - and sticking to their budget, I can't see them doing too much significant for a while. Any big changes would really need to be on the software side of things.

Sure it would be cool if they did a SLIDER or a true Flagship phone with all the bells and whistles... but either would be a very costly and have limited sales potential.

At this point the only purpose a refresh provides... is as a marketing tool to keep people talking about the brand. Only TCL can judge if that is enough reason to go to the expense of creating another device right now.
    01-16-19 07:47 AM
    They just need to fix our darn keyboard sensitivity, then we can all enjoy our devises and anxiously await the new offering(s).
    Bob80220, Vistaus and RK_BB like this.
    01-16-19 02:59 PM
    They just need to fix our darn keyboard sensitivity, then we can all enjoy our devises and anxiously await the new offering(s).
    Agreed!!! 👍

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-16-19 03:03 PM
    Significant? Like what?

The options for new Qualcomm midgrade processors are limited right now.

Hardware wise - and sticking to their budget, I can't see them doing too much significant for a while. Any big changes would really need to be on the software side of things.

Sure it would be cool if they did a SLIDER or a true Flagship phone with all the bells and whistles... but either would be a very costly and have limited sales potential.

At this point the only purpose a refresh provides... is as a marketing tool to keep people talking about the brand. Only TCL can judge if that is enough reason to go to the expense of creating another device right now.
    Significant as in wait another year and deliver something better than a facelift refresh.

Their budget limits are why I don't hold out much hope in this regard tbh.

Personally I would like something more premium and top end specs.

Two years between new models is more the norm for many manufacturers now anyway.
    01-16-19 04:55 PM
    Significant as in wait another year and deliver something better than a facelift refresh.

Their budget limits are why I don't hold out much hope in this regard tbh.

Personally I would like something more premium and top end specs.

Two years between new models is more the norm for many manufacturers now anyway.
    Which OEMs are those?
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-16-19 05:10 PM
    Which OEMs are those?
    Yeah I definitely disagree with what he says.

Most are one year, some even less.

OnePlus is every semester
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-16-19 10:39 PM
    Hello, pete liotas
    I searched on google this same query, I still sure there coming on 2019. source this site https://techinfohq.com/blackberry-ke...ate-and-price/
    01-20-19 08:11 AM
    Hello, pete liotas
    I searched on google this same query, I still sure there coming on 2019. source this site https://techinfohq.com/blackberry-ke...ate-and-price/
    It's a wish list with a release date.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-20-19 01:53 PM
    Hello, pete liotas
    What a weird article...
    Vistaus and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-20-19 02:09 PM
    I think it's Expected release date
    01-21-19 06:50 AM
    Hello, pete liotas
    This person doesn’t have any information regarding future BBMo device.... it’s just personal blog with desired products at best and clickbait at worst.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-21-19 07:25 AM
    People don't like trying new things. Most people that is. They stick with what is known and what peers have. So Samsung, Pixel and iPhones. With a few others looking at LG and Motorola. It is very tough for new companies in the handset market to make a name for themselves. Take the Essential PH-1. This is a great phone. It should have sold much better but it didn't. So there is not going to be a PH-2. No one wants to be stuck with a flagship lemon on contract. So they stick with what is proven. Carriers are partially to blame for this too. They are often ignorant of what is truely a good device. You do get some good "in the know" people but not often.

Blackberry Mobile is trying hard and is not giving up. Will their be a Key3? No one knows. People are still scared of Blackberry. Still hearing how they are going or gone backrupt or getting out of the handset business. Well on the later they are right as BBMo is NOT Blackberry Ltd. But does anyone outside of us diehards really know and understand what that means? NO!. They still hear Blackberry. My daughter was using my Z30, then my PRIV as her first phones and when asked by school mates what kind of phone that was, they were all "I didn't think they were making BB anymore". I ask her what phones her friends had and she said iPhone 4's, Galaxy S5's. Phones that were much older than the Z30 / Priv. Probably their parents old phones. People just don't care enough to do their research. They trust the sales people and don't want to take chances.

There have now been a few threads asking about the Key3. Wait or don't wait. If you need a phone today, then get the Key2. If you don't, then wait and buy a Key2 or Key3 later. No one here knows, and the minute there is a rumor, it will be front page news. As I tell my kids, asking the question 17 different ways isn't going to change the answer. Asking the same question another day, isn't going to change the answer. Do I hope there is a Key3. Yes. I hope there is a Key4, Key5....Key10. I would love to see this device line take off. Let's just wait and see.

J...
    01-21-19 07:47 AM
    People don't like trying new things. Most people that is. They stick with what is known and what peers have. So Samsung, Pixel and iPhones. With a few others looking at LG and Motorola. It is very tough for new companies in the handset market to make a name for themselves. Take the Essential PH-1. This is a great phone. It should have sold much better but it didn't. So there is not going to be a PH-2. No one wants to be stuck with a flagship lemon on contract. So they stick with what is proven. Carriers are partially to blame for this too. They are often ignorant of what is truely a good device. You do get some good "in the know" people but not often.

Blackberry Mobile is trying hard and is not giving up. Will their be a Key3? No one knows. People are still scared of Blackberry. Still hearing how they are going or gone backrupt or getting out of the handset business. Well on the later they are right as BBMo is NOT Blackberry Ltd. But does anyone outside of us diehards really know and understand what that means? NO!. They still hear Blackberry. My daughter was using my Z30, then my PRIV as her first phones and when asked by school mates what kind of phone that was, they were all "I didn't think they were making BB anymore". I ask her what phones her friends had and she said iPhone 4's, Galaxy S5's. Phones that were much older than the Z30 / Priv. Probably their parents old phones. People just don't care enough to do their research. They trust the sales people and don't want to take chances.

There have now been a few threads asking about the Key3. Wait or don't wait. If you need a phone today, then get the Key2. If you don't, then wait and buy a Key2 or Key3 later. No one here knows, and the minute there is a rumor, it will be front page news. As I tell my kids, asking the question 17 different ways isn't going to change the answer. Asking the same question another day, isn't going to change the answer. Do I hope there is a Key3. Yes. I hope there is a Key4, Key5....Key10. I would love to see this device line take off. Let's just wait and see.

J...
    What do you mean no second Essential phone? https://www.xda-developers.com/essen...e-2-ai-report/
    idssteve likes this.
    01-21-19 12:12 PM
    What do you mean no second Essential phone? https://www.xda-developers.com/essen...e-2-ai-report/
    That isn't really a consumer device - at least it's not a competitor to other traditional slab phones.
    01-21-19 12:19 PM
    That isn't really a consumer device - at least it's not a competitor to other traditional slab phones.
    He didn't use the words "consumer device", so I reacted accordingly.
    01-21-19 12:26 PM
    I think we have 2 hopes of seeing a Key 3 anytime during this year that's Bob hope and no hope, however we will probably see a gold key 2 or one with some bizarre facelift, also i disagree with the comment made earlier that the norm for for OEM phone production line being two years, total nonsense the Chinese market are bringing out new products almost 6 monthly, give them a few more years they'll be bringing them out fast and furious every month!!!!
    01-21-19 12:34 PM
    Two months later,

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...duct-confirmed

Doesn’t sound totally successful
    01-21-19 01:19 PM
    however we will probably see a gold key 2
    Vietnam: Hold my

https://thegioiblackberry.com.vn/bla...-vang-24k.html
    01-21-19 03:03 PM
    I used the key2 for months, loved it but had a few glitches that started to wear me down so I switched to the note 9. always kinda felt like I'd betrayed a phone I truly loved. here I am 5 months later on my key2 again, it's like returning to an old friend. still love this phone. it's for this reason I really hope that if and when they finally release the key3, I hope they draw on everything they've learned and improved on the previous two models. this phone deserves to be up there with the top flag ships.
    01-21-19 05:05 PM
    I used the key2 for months, loved it but had a few glitches that started to wear me down so I switched to the note 9. always kinda felt like I'd betrayed a phone I truly loved. here I am 5 months later on my key2 again, it's like returning to an old friend. still love this phone. it's for this reason I really hope that if and when they finally release the key3, I hope they draw on everything they've learned and improved on the previous two models. this phone deserves to be up there with the top flag ships.
    I agree This phone is the best for out! At least to me it is
    01-21-19 05:10 PM
47 12