Anyone put the Google cam on their key2 yet.? any feedback on that. I know the Google cam on Samsung improved picture a bit.
    See my above reply: we need a newer software API for that which only BlackBerry can give us.
    01-06-19 03:57 PM
    Ah.. Missed it since I didn't want to read all previous thread. That sucks. K1 had same issues
    See my above reply: we need a newer software API for that which only BlackBerry can give us.
    01-06-19 04:06 PM
    Anyone put the Google cam on their key2 yet.? any feedback on that. I know the Google cam on Samsung improved picture a bit.
    I can't see any such camera app called "google camera" in playstore
    01-07-19 05:52 AM
    It is a side load. I do use one called open camera.. That's pretty good but the Google cam is much better for the software bokehs and other software function.
    01-07-19 10:27 AM
    I can't see any such camera app called "google camera" in playstore
    It's not available in the Play Store. Google has created that app for Pixel phones only, but the community has ported it to various other devices.
    01-07-19 12:14 PM
    It's not available in the Play Store. Google has created that app for Pixel phones only, but the community has ported it to various other devices.
    Apk link pls
    01-07-19 01:35 PM
    Apk link pls
    As I said: it's not available for the KEY2 because BlackBerry needs to give us access to a newer camera API, but if you want to download it for other devices, here's the link: https://www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/
    01-07-19 02:05 PM
    I did some side by side shots of my (now returned) KEY2 and KEYone. In dim rooms, the KEY2 would blend dark colours like black and navy into a single indistinguishable blob; whereas on the KEYone, I can still distinguish apart similar dark colours. Switched back to KEYone.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-08-19 07:04 AM
    This safari shot retweeted by the official bbmobile feed does not give me reason for hope: https://mobile.twitter.com/jon_racin...899009/photo/1

My Olympus D705 point-and-shoot camera from 2012 resolves textures better than this.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-12-19 12:30 PM
    This safari shot retweeted by the official bbmobile feed does not give me reason for hope: https://mobile.twitter.com/jon_racin...899009/photo/1

My Olympus D705 point-and-shoot camera from 2012 resolves textures better than this.
    Haha
    01-13-19 12:02 AM

I see what you mean, it does not look good at all ... In all fairness, though, it is hard to make a quality judgment based on an image in a Twitter feed or other social media given compression etc. That said, when I am posting images on my own Twitter feed it is quite easy to distinguish the ones that have been taken by Blackberry from those coming from a high level regular camera...
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-13-19 03:14 AM
    Here is an image for comparison. First one taken with Key2, second one with KeyOne. Same time, same conditions.
    Attached Thumbnails "The Key2's camera is trash!"-img_20190105_1233442.jpg   "The Key2's camera is trash!"-img_20190105_1233174.jpg  
    01-13-19 01:01 PM
    First one Key2, second one KeyOne. Same conditions. The differences, although not-scientifical, speak for themselves I think.
    Attached Thumbnails "The Key2's camera is trash!"-img_20190105_1347145.jpg   "The Key2's camera is trash!"-img_20190105_1346537.jpg  
    01-13-19 01:04 PM
    Here is an image for comparison. First one taken with Key2, second one with KeyOne. Same time, same conditions.
    Second one has an awful red tint to it. That's bad. KEY2 wins this one.
    01-13-19 04:19 PM
    First one Key2, second one KeyOne. Same conditions. The differences, although not-scientifical, speak for themselves I think.
    In that other post, KEY2 is better but in this one, KEYONE is better.
    01-13-19 04:20 PM
    At first I thought the keyone won this test until I reread which was first. At first glance I liked the both first pictures or rather thought they were better. That said I was not there when taken to say which is actually better. Keyone does seem to have more red in clouds both good pictures as far as I'm concerned. Shows what was seen.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    01-13-19 05:02 PM
    At first I thought the keyone won this test until I reread which was first. At first glance I liked the both first pictures or rather thought they were better. That said I was not there when taken to say which is actually better. Keyone does seem to have more red in clouds both good pictures as far as I'm concerned. Shows what was seen.

Reg
    Check the detail in trees and leafs. Key2 makes for one blur. KeyOne has a lot more detail. Agree on the color cast but that could easily be rectified if needed. The blur and lack of detail not, however.
    01-13-19 06:17 PM
    Second one has an awful red tint to it. That's bad. KEY2 wins this one.
    One could generally say the KeyOne produces warmer tones than the Key2 indeed. Though when I took pictures of a text on white paper in a meeting room, the Key2 images were reddish and awful. I even got remarks about the 'twilight zone' afterwards... Did not have that with the KeyOne.
    01-13-19 06:21 PM
    Well you could very well be right but honestly at first glance I thought the keytwo shots were better. Which at first I thought was keyone shots. So I guess it's pretty subjective. I find this camera totally satisfactory for me. I'm not looking to argue or try to say keyone is not better. I do know pixels are really good. Lol. I won't be getting one but wish I would have tried to get one for my wife who loves cameras and taking photos. Motoz3 play is not as good as Blackberry KEY²

Reg
    01-13-19 08:23 PM
    I did some side by side shots of my (now returned) KEY2 and KEYone. In dim rooms, the KEY2 would blend dark colours like black and navy into a single indistinguishable blob; whereas on the KEYone, I can still distinguish apart similar dark colours. Switched back to KEYone.
    Was is just the camera or is the KeyOne close in other performance metrics as well? I am giving serious consideration to a Black Edition KeyOne. I know it will likely not update past Oreo and I am okay with this. It should at least receive another year of security updates and critical after.
    01-17-19 09:31 AM
    It was just the camera, otherwise I didn't notice and significant difference between the two devices. Ironically now, I have switched to the KEY2 LE as my daily driver.
    01-17-19 09:40 AM
    But he used a KEYone.....

Not really surprising to me, though I understand why it would be to some. We all live in a bubble viewing photos on our devices and through social media, and the differences are only spotted by those 'testing' cameras side by side in attempts to prove one is better than the other and to create content.

In the real world, at the end of the day, very few can decipher between most shots given how we view them, unless something is just straight up trash. An 'acceptable' photo will look like a 'great' photo to most when presented on the basic level. Part of why I hate camera reviews, all so subjective even right down to which device you're viewing said photos on.

Instagram has become the standard for sharing photos and having people say 'Great shot! What phone took this?"... as if it even matters. Instagram trashes pics so hard from their natural form anyway it's not even worth asking really. To say nothing about how it can be percieved as a great shot for many other reasons such as the content, composition, and more but people will still ask which phone lol.
    No sorry..the key 2 camera is bad lol. When you compare shots there is a massive difference between the photo quality of say a Samsung vs a Blackberry. But most people don't buy a blackberry for the camera so they know what they are getting when they make a purchase
    01-17-19 10:54 AM
    No sorry..the key 2 camera is bad lol. When you compare shots there is a massive difference between the photo quality of say a Samsung vs a Blackberry. But most people don't buy a blackberry for the camera so they know what they are getting when they make a purchase
    Check out Marques Brownlee's blind phone camera test. 5 million people responded and the BlackBerry KeyOne was one of the top 4 beating out the likes of current flagship devices such as iPhone XS, Pixel 3, Samsung etc. The media, paid reviewers and marketing have done a number on perceptions. (BTW I use a S9 and really like the camera but it lost out as well)
    01-17-19 11:16 AM
    It was just the camera, otherwise I didn't notice and significant difference between the two devices. Ironically now, I have switched to the KEY2 LE as my daily driver.
    And how is the Key2 LE camera in comparison? How about call quality, reception, battery life? Your usage and experience would be greatly appreciated. The Black has 4GB and 64 like the LE. I can get the Black, with a gift card for @ 220.
    01-17-19 11:18 AM
    And how is the Key2 LE camera in comparison? How about call quality, reception, battery life? Your usage and experience would be greatly appreciated. The Black has 4GB and 64 like the LE. I can get the Black, with a gift card for @ 220.
    The LE camera is good enough for me, I like it. Low light shots are decent as long as you got a steady hand. LE call quality is excellent, reception seems better, and battery life is excellent (lasts at least a day). I also prefer the LE keyboard over the K2 keyboard.
    01-17-19 11:22 AM
219 ... 6789