12-12-18 05:32 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    So, these comments about good camera/bad camera can go on forever.

BlackBerry mobile has pretty much maximized function of the PKB. Not likely improving the PKB further will boost market share at all.

As other features such as the camera start fading compared to others, market share will shrink.

Some/many but not all still desire a significantly better camera. Market share among current users will shrink. Will also not attract converts. Not good.

I find camera below mediocre. It really hit home when I tried to deposit checks on banking apps (and different banks) in the evening. Photos kept getting rejected. Switched to my iPhone. No problem.

BlackBerry Mobile really needs to pay attention to this. Would like to understand why cost of PKB is so prohibitive that it can't co-exist with a better camera at this price point. Maybe that would help clear up some of this discussion. I'm sure it's a factor. It better be.

I'd like not to carry two phones in part for family photos.

Typed on my KEY2
    I've sent in supermarket receipts to Scoupy and I didn't even bother to get the composition right, i.e. just a quick pic, and so far they've accepted every one of them.
    12-07-18 01:06 PM
    If it would just capture what is on the screen it would be beautiful. The post processing in low light is just bad. I was playing with a Pixel 3 and that was the difference. About a second after the shot it would clear up. It was quite annoying but the picture was crispy. the Too CRISP, 😂.
    12-08-18 01:14 PM
    yeah and video only records and outputs mono audio, with great stereo audio mics on the Key2 this is a seriously horrible omission... (he drones on) but come on this must be a simple software fix
    12-08-18 02:17 PM
    yeah and video only records and outputs mono audio, with great stereo audio mics on the Key2 this is a seriously horrible omission... (he drones on) but come on this must be a simple software fix
    What stereo audio mics on the Key²? Where are those?
    12-11-18 06:41 AM
    key2 low light photos are worse than the keyones. They lose so much details
    WT44 likes this.
    12-11-18 06:54 AM
    What stereo audio mics on the Key²? Where are those?
    Top and bottom... and in Field Recorder they record in stereo as expected, and nicely at that.

BB Passport and PlayBook did even better, if you'd noticed my screen cap above you'd have seen that Field Recorder clearly recognizes two mics. If it were monophonic input, both level meters would pin out equally. This thing records stereo audio beautifully with the right app. The camera app fails on the most basic level
    12-11-18 04:38 PM
    A hat tip to MKBHD for doing a bold blind test.

It wasn't just that the BB beat the iPhone in the blind test, it is that it beat it by a large margin. I think he said something like 60k votes for the XS and 260k for the BlackBerry.

One can not like the results and spin it in any number of ways, but the fact is that even when decompressed, you would expect the iPhone to have a better picture than the BB, no?

Bottom line is that in THIS test, BB wiped the floor with the iPhone. I'm sure if the test were done in lower light or other situations, iPhone would win easily.

Accept the results and move on; no need to rain on our BB party - we'll take small wins where we can get them.

Peace...
    His conclusion was that people voted for the brightest picture. Which is why all the worst phones did the best, and the best phone cameras did the worst.

It’s not exactly a win...
    12-12-18 03:54 PM
    His conclusion was that people voted for the brightest picture. Which is why all the worst phones did the best, and the best phone cameras did the worst.

It’s not exactly a win...
    This is why Samsung TV, which are mostly crap in terms of picture quality for serious film viewing, sell like crazy on the whole room floor. They are bright and garish. It's like speakers that add a ton of bass and high frequency energy to sound better. It fools the ignorant, but is horrible to live with.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-12-18 05:12 PM
    Top and bottom... and in Field Recorder they record in stereo as expected, and nicely at that.

BB Passport and PlayBook did even better, if you'd noticed my screen cap above you'd have seen that Field Recorder clearly recognizes two mics. If it were monophonic input, both level meters would pin out equally. This thing records stereo audio beautifully with the right app. The camera app fails on the most basic level
    I have updated your thread. Looks like the latest update has added ability to record in Stereo.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...prove-1160433/
    12-12-18 05:29 PM
    This is why Samsung TV, which are mostly crap in terms of picture quality for serious film viewing, sell like crazy on the whole room floor. They are bright and garish. It's like speakers that add a ton of bass and high frequency energy to sound better. It fools the ignorant, but is horrible to live with.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Also because Samsung TV's are among the cheapest, at least where I live.
    12-12-18 05:32 PM
85 ... 234