it's okay in good light, really grainy in low
    01-22-19 09:17 AM
    whatever you say. The KEY2 camera is really good. it has outperformed my friends androids and iphones in low light especially.
    Sure it did lol
    Vistaus and skrble like this.
    01-22-19 09:19 AM
    it's okay in good light, really grainy in low
    Kind of, yeah. I don't think photos are grainy in low light when quickly viewing them, however, they become grainy once you start to zoom in.
    skrble likes this.
    01-22-19 12:13 PM
    Check out Marques Brownlee's blind phone camera test. 5 million people responded and the BlackBerry KeyOne was one of the top 4 beating out the likes of current flagship devices such as iPhone XS, Pixel 3, Samsung etc. The media, paid reviewers and marketing have done a number on perceptions. (BTW I use a S9 and really like the camera but it lost out as well)
    KeyOne, not Key2.
    01-27-19 01:51 PM
    This is why coming from a Q10 I will soon upgrade to a Samsung S8 or S9. I need some basic video capability and decent photos, and I refuse to invest in a professional camera and take a phone plus camera with me all the time.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-19 02:05 PM
    Sure it did lol
    I will always admit when I'm wrong..this is shot from my brand new key 2...
    Attached Thumbnails "The Key2's camera is trash!"-283.jpg  
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-27-19 02:53 PM
    I will always admit when I'm wrong..this is shot from my brand new key 2...
    You have to re-read the quote of that other person you're referring to. He talked about the Key2 shooting better pictures than the iPhone, ESPECIALLY IN LOW LIGHT. Your pic is outside, in bright day light, in perfect light. Nobody is debating anywhere that those type of pics aren't good or good enough (although it certainly is not on the same level as other phones in the same price range), but it's all about the photos + videos in low light conditions or indoors where there is synthetic light.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...arison-1153169

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...lution-1154151

The selfie cam isn't even talked about as the results thereof under supbar conditions are so bad that they can even make an onion cry.
    01-28-19 04:20 PM
    You have to re-read the quote of that other person you're referring to. He talked about the Key2 shooting better pictures than the iPhone ESPECIALLY IN LOW LIGHT. Your pic is outside, in day light, in perfect light. Nobody is debating anywhere that those type of pics aren't good or good enough. It's about the photos + videos in low light conditions or indoors where there is synthetic light.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...arison-1153169

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...lution-1154151

The selfie cam isn't even talked about as the results thereof under supbar conditions are so bad that they can even make an onion cry.
    No one buys a blackberry for the camera. At the end of the day it does a suitable job to take pics. So saying it's trash is a bit harsh lol
    01-28-19 04:22 PM
    No one buys a blackberry for the camera. At the end of the day it does a suitable job to take pics. So saying it's trash is a bit harsh lol
    Maybe not, but that doesn't mean it can't/should be better for the price bracket the Key2 is in. Why should having an "almighty" physical keyboard automatically mean that it's okay to have photo/video results of a dollar phone?

Have you even watched the concert footage in the links I posted or compared the selfie cam of the Key2 with those of an iPhone in this case, or with any other camera within the same price rage of the Key2?

Have a look in those threads. If that's not trash then I don't know what is....
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-28-19 04:36 PM
    Maybe not, but that doesn't mean it can't/should be better for the price bracket the Key2 is in. Why should having an "almighty" physical keyboard automatically mean that it's okay to have photo/video results of a dollar phone?

Have you even watched the concert footage in the links I posted or compared the selfie cam of the Key2 with those of an iPhone in this case, or with any other camera within the same price rage of the Key2?

Have a look in those threads. If that's not trash then I don't know what is....
    No I haven't and I won't. I like my purchase lol
    01-28-19 04:37 PM
    I agree. In low-light it's not that good, but I wouldn't say it's trash, it gets the job done. In broad daylight, it's not on the level of, say, an S9, but it's perfectly fine, nothing to complain about. Just as your photo proves.
    01-28-19 04:41 PM
    No I haven't and I won't. I like my purchase lol
    As long as you're happy, the rest is irrelevant lol

"The Key2's camera is trash!"-0cea5417-e0f8-405c-f3f1-08216346cbe7.png.jpg
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-28-19 04:43 PM
    As long as you're happy, the rest is irrelevant lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0cea5417-e0f8-405c-f3f1-08216346cbe7.png.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	442660
    Better than being negative and miserable like yourself lol
    01-28-19 04:51 PM
    Better than being negative and miserable like yourself lol
    Negative about this camera, not as a person lol
    01-28-19 04:53 PM
    Negative about this camera, not as a person lol
    By the way, that sunny daylight snow shot would wreak havoc on my Canon, much setup would be required, not too shabby for a BlackBerry! Honestly though, do you guys not find this constantly reoccurring "Trash the Camera" topic annoying? I do. Cheers,
    01-28-19 05:04 PM
    The Passport has a great camera for average (and beyond) macro photography. I am very curious if some of you guys tested they Key2 for dynamic macro.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-28-19 05:48 PM
    This is why coming from a Q10 I will soon upgrade to a Samsung S8 or S9. I need some basic video capability and decent photos, and I refuse to invest in a professional camera and take a phone plus camera with me all the time.

Posted via CB10
    K2 will do "basic video capability and decent photos"

people complaint here is about "advanced video capability and ultra quality photos"
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-29-19 09:30 AM
    From what I've seen so far, the biggest problem is how it resolves textures into smooth blotches. I see this in the textures of tree leaves most often. If you don't like the contrast or colour balance, you can fix those in post-production. But there isn't much you can do about aggressive blotchy texture smoothing.

Posted via CB10
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-29-19 03:36 PM
    From what I've seen so far, the biggest problem is how it resolves textures into smooth blotches. I see this in the textures of tree leaves most often.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that is exactly it. And it gets much worse in less-than-perfect light conditions. A shame really. From what we can see in the different software updates, nothing substantial has improved in this. I wonder if somebody at TCL/BBMo is looking at it at all. The issue should be more than known to them by now...
    02-03-19 01:59 AM
219 ... 789