"BlackBerry KEY2"

I have no idea why they went with a mediocre dual camera setup instead of one good sensor with OIS. No BlackBerry users need dual cameras, some Classics had no camera!

Attachment 441637
    'Cause they need new customers in order to survive? Loyal fans are always good to have, but long-term, unless that loyal fan base is the size of at least Huawei, is not going to be profitable. And in order to get new customers, they need to be on par. Sure, the camera software sucks but at least they can say "we have 2 cameras", so in that regard they are on par.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-04-18 04:15 PM
    'Cause they need new customers in order to survive? Loyal fans are always good to have, but long-term, unless that loyal fan base is the size of at least Huawei, is not going to be profitable.
    I doubt the KEY2 camera has drawn in new customers, though. People who want good cameras would prefer the KEYone's.
    12-04-18 04:16 PM
    I doubt the KEY2 camera has drawn in new customers, though. People who want good cameras would prefer the KEYone's.
    I didn't say they got new customers, but they have the potential to and that's all that matters to management and shareholders aside from actually making a profit.
    12-04-18 04:18 PM
    @farmwersteve

Also, should be noted... he used a KEYone lol. He said KEY2...but clearly showed a KEYone. Makes the KEY2 convo irrelevant.
    Thanks Bla1ze

Well, I guess I will stick with the key1 for the time being.

Key3 is next for me, maybe summer 2019... more willful thinking!
    12-04-18 04:29 PM
    LMFAO@ Key2 camera is good.
    12-04-18 08:43 PM
    To me, every camera on a smart phone since about 2012 is more than good enough. If there are differences between them, it doesn't matter to me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I'm agree with you and the key2 is enough even in low light now with the last update..only the front facing camera is really a "trash".
    12-04-18 09:39 PM
    It was a foolish decision to decide to slap on a second lens just to look "on trend" instead of investing that money on OIS for primary rear lens and/or camera software
    12-05-18 01:31 AM
    I'm agree with you and the key2 is enough even in low light now with the last update..only the front facing camera is really a "trash".
    What update are you talking about? I'm on the October update and any photo I take in low light looks like mush. The camera is useless in low light.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-05-18 05:08 AM
    What update are you talking about? I'm on the October update and any photo I take in low light looks like mush. The camera is useless in low light.
    I have a Key 2 BBF100-6 and the camera was better in low light since update ABI067 and last week i got the update ABJ755 and improve again the low light shot ( picture not noisy and clearer )
    12-05-18 05:26 AM
    I have a Key 2 BBF100-6 and the camera was better in low light since update ABI067 and last week i got the update ABJ755 and improve again the low light shot ( picture not noisy and clearer )
    I think the noise, and grainy aspect of the photos is what is in question. That was obvious in MKBHD's video. Not just in low light, but all light. So if the update you mention really cleared up the grainyness, that is huge.
    12-05-18 07:22 AM
    Don't like your phone camera? Get a real one. Professional DSLR Cameras | DSLR Cameras
    eiruvrav and RWIndiana like this.
    12-05-18 07:28 AM
    Let's not kid ourselves, the Camera is trash.

I don't care if the hardware is good but it performs really bad and at that price point in 2018, this is not acceptable.
    EXACTLY!
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-05-18 07:46 AM
    Don't like your phone camera? Get a real one. Professional DSLR Cameras | DSLR Cameras
    What a foolish response. For years now smartphone cameras have been actually really quick good for quick random shots. 99.99% of people don't want to or know how to use a DSLR. That has been helped by smartphones having amazing cameras for 99.99% of people.

Just because we have a PKB doesn't mean we should have a camera that is probably comparable to phones from 5 years ago or 200$ cheap Chinese phones.
    cyberdoggie and bobshine like this.
    12-05-18 07:49 AM
    Just because we have a PKB doesn't mean we should have a camera that is probably comparable to phones from 5 years ago or 200$ cheap Chinese phones.
    Just because big screens and amazing cameras are all the rage these days, doesn't mean we should sacrifice a keyboard for them.

Too many OEM's are just focused on display and camera, completely leaving out just about everything else, including but not limited to:
    Accurate and confident typed communication, one handed ergonomics, ruggedness of materials used, etc...

Enough with the slabbing already, I'm bored here lol
    12-05-18 08:09 AM
    Front-facing camera? I assume the KEYone has one too. I've never used it. LOL

12-05-18 08:35 AM
    I just think that people are being too fussy about a phone camera where 99.9999% of the photos are uploaded and compressed online where it really just doesn't matter. Yes, better night photos would be nice. But, that is obviously easier said than done...otherwise BlackBerry camera app developers would have made it so. I'm sure that BlackBerry would gladly hire the guy who is able to program the software with the improvements you want, so feel free to apply.

When I bought my Elantra, I don't complain because my sound system isn't as good as what is standard in a BMW or the gas mileage isn't as good as a VW. Why can't I have the park assist that my father's Lincoln has? Different features created by different engineers through different companies in products with different prices.

If I had to choose between better camera and WiFi calling, I'd go with WiFi calling, as it is more important for the function of the phone, particularly those who use it for business. Now that this is pretty much resolved on the BlackBerry side and left to the carriers to deal with enabling or disabling it on their networks, BlackBerry can move onto something else.

It seems to me that with every update, there are some tweaks to the camera app, which suggests that they are trying to make improvements.

To sum up my thoughts. Rather than have us rail on BlackBerry with employees to produce the best that they can, let's encourage them with positive feedback.
    the_boon and RonZed10 like this.
    12-05-18 08:40 AM
    I just think that people are being too fussy about a phone camera where 99.9999% of the photos are uploaded and compressed online where it really just doesn't matter. Yes, better night photos would be nice. But, that is obviously easier said than done...otherwise BlackBerry camera app developers would have made it so. I'm sure that BlackBerry would gladly hire the guy who is able to program the software with the improvements you want, so feel free to apply.

When I bought my Elantra, I don't complain because my sound system isn't as good as what is standard in a BMW or the gas mileage isn't as good as a VW. Why can't I have the park assist that my father's Lincoln has? Different features created by different engineers through different companies in products with different prices.

If I had to choose between better camera and WiFi calling, I'd go with WiFi calling, as it is more important for the function of the phone, particularly those who use it for business. Now that this is pretty much resolved on the BlackBerry side and left to the carriers to deal with enabling or disabling it on their networks, BlackBerry can move onto something else.

It seems to me that with every update, there are some tweaks to the camera app, which suggests that they are trying to make improvements.

To sum up my thoughts. Rather than have us rail on BlackBerry with employees to produce the best that they can, let's encourage them with positive feedback.
    There are obviously a subset of folks around here who want the equivalent of an iPhone/S9 with a PKB and the other BlackBerry features. They don't perceive the current BlackBerry phones to be worth the price because they don't place much value on the BlackBerry-secured Android OS, DTEK software, or in some cases, even the PKB. Some of them care a great deal about the cameras, some care about the processor, and some care about the screen quality, size or resolution.

Unfortunately, many of them don't recognize that the rest of the BlackBerry market doesn't necessarily prioritize the same things they do, and they make broad, hyperbolic statements like. "XYZ is trash!" rather than any kind of cogent statement about which features they'd like to see and why it's important to them personally.

For example, when it comes to the camera, I'd be interested to hear what low-light photos are so important that they might determine your choice of phone. As someone who never gives a second thought to the camera on a smart phone, I'd be interested to understand their perspective!

RonZed10 likes this.
    12-05-18 10:34 AM
    There are obviously a subset of folks around here who want the equivalent of an iPhone/S9 with a PKB and the other BlackBerry features. They don't perceive the current BlackBerry phones to be worth the price because they don't place much value on the BlackBerry-secured Android OS, DTEK software, or in some cases, even the PKB. Some of them care a great deal about the cameras, some care about the processor, and some care about the screen quality, size or resolution.

Unfortunately, many of them don't recognize that the rest of the BlackBerry market doesn't necessarily prioritize the same things they do, and they make broad, hyperbolic statements like. "XYZ is trash!" rather than any kind of cogent statement about which features they'd like to see and why it's important to them personally.

For example, when it comes to the camera, I'd be interested to hear what low-light photos are so important that they might determine your choice of phone. As someone who never gives a second thought to the camera on a smart phone, I'd be interested to understand their perspective!

I don't think there are many of us who take a ridiculous amount of low light shots as compared to normal daylight shots, but I think many of us have grown accustom to pulling out our phone and taking a shot in any situation, and trusting the phone to come through for us. A lot has changed in 10 years and while I agree, we probably put too much on the quality of the photo a phone is taking, as a phone will never be as good as a camera, but we are also spoiled to have so many reviews comparing phones it's easy to become negative on a phone, when it has a high price tag, but with less features or a lessor camera than a less expensive phone.
    RonZed10 and cyberdoggie like this.
    12-05-18 11:36 AM
    I don't think there are many of us who take a ridiculous amount of low light shots as compared to normal daylight shots, but I think many of us have grown accustom to pulling out our phone and taking a shot in any situation, and trusting the phone to come through for us. A lot has changed in 10 years and while I agree, we probably put too much on the quality of the photo a phone is taking, as a phone will never be as good as a camera, but we are also spoiled to have so many reviews comparing phones it's easy to become negative on a phone, when it has a high price tag, but with less features or a lessor camera than a less expensive phone.
    Long story short: the pictures taken are the only thing that have some real value. The phone gets older, you'll replace it. You lose your phone, your pics are hopefully backuped. For many, only the pics remain after many years.

For that very reason, KEY2's camera is trash. The only long term valuable thing it makes is very poor in todays standards and it's price. Trash, trash, junk, trash, waste, trash. Objectively. Period.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-05-18 12:31 PM
    I don't think there are many of us who take a ridiculous amount of low light shots as compared to normal daylight shots, ....
    You all would if the camera wasn't so crap, trust me
    12-05-18 01:58 PM
    I rarely have a need for low light shots. The few I've taken with my Key² were just fine.
    12-05-18 02:07 PM
    The problem is most of the KEY² users are BlackBerry users, so the point of reference they have were the previous BlackBerry phones.

This is the reason they don't see KEY² camera's shortcomings. Either they didn't use front-facing camera as BB10 hardly had any app to use its for work meetings Or the quality of BlackBerry previous phones was so bad that they never got used to it.

In theory, KEY² pretty much beats all of BlackBerry previous attempts. Like someone said above, if BlackBerry didn't have the ability to make use of the hardware (two lenses), they could have just slightly improved upon KEYᵒⁿᵉ's single lense, and take it from there.
    12-05-18 02:35 PM
    , if BlackBerry didn't have the ability to make use of the hardware (two lenses), they could have just slightly improved upon KEYᵒⁿᵉ's single lense, and take it from there.
    That's what I kept saying
    TheBond likes this.
    12-05-18 02:54 PM
    Just because you are on the October update, doesn't mean everyone is. The latest KEY2 update is the November update.
    12-05-18 03:12 PM
    You all would if the camera wasn't so crap, trust me
    I don't. Even if the camera was the best camera ever made by mankind, I still wouldn't take many low-light photos.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 12-05-18 at 03:36 PM.
    12-05-18 03:14 PM
219 1234 ...