lol
    rekt

(jump to 3:54)
    12-04-18 06:20 AM
    But he used a KEYone.....

Not really surprising to me, though I understand why it would be to some. We all live in a bubble viewing photos on our devices and through social media, and the differences are only spotted by those 'testing' cameras side by side in attempts to prove one is better than the other and to create content.

In the real world, at the end of the day, very few can decipher between most shots given how we view them, unless something is just straight up trash. An 'acceptable' photo will look like a 'great' photo to most when presented on the basic level. Part of why I hate camera reviews, all so subjective even right down to which device you're viewing said photos on.

Instagram has become the standard for sharing photos and having people say 'Great shot! What phone took this?"... as if it even matters. Instagram trashes pics so hard from their natural form anyway it's not even worth asking really. To say nothing about how it can be percieved as a great shot for many other reasons such as the content, composition, and more but people will still ask which phone lol.
    xtef, hamilgs, Vistaus and 4 others like this.
    12-04-18 06:54 AM
    thanks Bla1ze for your input on this and sort of clearing the air.

I think for me, the side by side of cameras only pertains when upgrading phones.

in the case of the Key2 and Key1

I had bought the Key2 on game day and compared it to my Key1 in low light, side by side shots.

so, that is why I feel an honest side by side review of cameras within the same family of phones is necessary.

I returned the Key2 due to me feeling the camera was inferior to the Key1

mind you that was before the updates.

so, I would still be open to side by side shots of key1/2 in low light.

I have a young family and can't tote around my DSLR as well as water bottles, snacks, change bags etc, so unfortunately, my phone is my main device.

the photos go straight to Dropbox and then are synced to my HTPC that I can view on my 60" plasma.

so, I do see the differences and still want the Key2, but only if camera Is better.

otherwise, I pray they make a Key3 so I can get my spend on!

thanks again
    rarsen and cyberdoggie like this.
    12-04-18 07:17 AM
    Camera is better on key2 believe me
    rarsen and TCM01 like this.
    12-04-18 07:36 AM
    whatever you say. The KEY2 camera is really good. it has outperformed my friends androids and iphones in low light especially.
    rarsen and TCM01 like this.
    12-04-18 08:33 AM
    whatever you say. The KEY2 camera is really good. it has outperformed my friends androids and iphones in low light especially.
    Hmm what? Low light should not even be talked about. What update are you on?
    12-04-18 08:35 AM
    Hmm what? Low light should not even be talked about. What update are you on?
    September update.
    12-04-18 08:37 AM
    September update.
    I'm on the October updat ABI067 and can confirm low light is trash.
    AmritD, Vistaus and cyberdoggie like this.
    12-04-18 09:12 AM
    I find it interesting how on the "Shot on BlackBerry" Instagram page, I have only ever seen ONE picture used by them that was shot on a Keytwo.......
    The vast majority are taken with Keyones.
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    12-04-18 09:51 AM
    I find it interesting how on the "Shot on BlackBerry" Instagram page, I have only ever seen ONE picture used by them that was shot on a Keytwo.......
    I see..."The Key2's camera is trash!"-screenshot_2018-12-04-23-05-36-482_com.instagram.android.jpeg
    12-04-18 10:06 AM
    I hope bbmobile invests more in camera hardware and software.
    Last edited by quizm; 12-04-18 at 10:57 AM.
    12-04-18 10:17 AM
    I just wish u could adjust the brightness when recording video :-( That was a step backwards as the KEYone had it

Other than the camera good enoug for my needs. And "Portrait Mode" is a nice option
    12-04-18 10:26 AM
    I see...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-12-04-23-05-36-482_com.instagram.android.jpeg 
Views:	353 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	441624
    No, check out shot ON BlackBerry.....
    12-04-18 10:29 AM
    No, check out shot ON BlackBerry.....
    Yes only 500 more posts... because older device...
    12-04-18 10:45 AM
    @farmwersteve

Also, should be noted... he used a KEYone lol. He said KEY2...but clearly showed a KEYone. Makes the KEY2 convo irrelevant.
    12-04-18 12:34 PM
    You realize that a whole lot of people using BlackBerrys don't even have Instagram accounts, right?

I have one, but have never posted a photo. I just use it to browse for businesses that are already my clients.

I've had my KEYone For over a year and have taken fewer than 10 photos. LOL
    Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-04-18 12:47 PM
    @farmwersteve

Also, should be noted... he used a KEYone lol. He said KEY2...but clearly showed a KEYone. Makes the KEY convo irrelevant.
    If they actually used KEY2, I doubt BlackBerry got to SEMI FINALS? 🤔
    12-04-18 01:51 PM
    I hope bbmobile invests more in camera hardware and software.
    The KEY2 has the same sensor as the Samsung S9+, so they should invest more into software, not hardware.
    12-04-18 02:15 PM
    The KEY2 has the same sensor as the Samsung S9+, so they should invest more into software, not hardware.
    Except for OIS... that's some hardware they should invest in, at least for just the primary rear lens
    12-04-18 02:41 PM
    I'm not that surprised. A lot of people are prejudiced against BlackBerry. With a blind test, prejudice doesn't apply, so RIP Apple's flagships.
    12-04-18 03:05 PM
    Let's not kid ourselves, the Camera is trash.

I don't care if the hardware is good but it performs really bad and at that price point in 2018, this is not acceptable.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-04-18 03:17 PM

I don't care if the hardware is good but it performs really bad and at that price point in 2018, this is not acceptable.
    To me, every camera on a smart phone since about 2012 is more than good enough. If there are differences between them, it doesn't matter to me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    TCM01 likes this.
    12-04-18 03:34 PM

12-04-18 03:40 PM
    Yeah watched it, when it came out.
    My photos aren't for Instagram or Social Media. Besides that, they didn't do real world scenarios.

Good achievement nevertheless for those it matters. (I really hope MKBHD actually used the KEY² because he never reviewed it. It seems like he had KEYᵒⁿᵉ, which I believe performed better in some areas. KEY² camera app feels unfinished).

Just pull the phone and make videos, you'll know how bad it is. I have got a Note 8, that kills it in any condition. I am not saying KEY² should beat flagships but its unusable in many conditions, eg low light.
    12-04-18 03:44 PM
    "BlackBerry KEY2"

I have no idea why they went with a mediocre dual camera setup instead of one good sensor with OIS. No BlackBerry users need dual cameras, some Classics had no camera!

"The Key2's camera is trash!"-screenshot_20181204-155901_youtube.jpeg
    the_boon and tfitzpat03 like this.
    12-04-18 04:04 PM
219 123 ...