So my lovely KEY2 arrived today

Playing around with it, I like it a lot I just can't open the sim tray

anyone else have the issue ?

The haptic vibration motor is much improved from the keyone, not seen that mentioned anywhere

will communicate with the retailer tomorrow to arrange for a replacement grrrr
    07-16-18 02:12 PM
    I noticed the SIM trays on both of my devices were very stiff. I had a standard el-cheapo ejection tool which was too fragile to get it out. The included tool by BB Mobile is much more sturdy and got the job done, however it is for sure more difficult getting the tray out compared to other devices.
    07-16-18 03:16 PM

Unfortunately you're not alone... I had a chance to slap on a tempered glass screen, play around with settings, and install all kinds of apps before finally deciding to pop in that sim. And of course, she wouldn't open up for me. Excitement killed.

The passport is the newest device I have, and so I don't know if this kind of tray is now the norm for these newer ones. To me, it seems like a fragile and unreliable piece for such an otherwise solid phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-18 08:38 PM
    The passport is the newest device I have, and so I don't know if this kind of tray is now the norm for these newer ones. To me, it seems like a fragile and unreliable piece for such an otherwise solid phone.
    This isn't typical of newer devices. KEYone was easy. I actually bent the ejection tool first getting mine out. Subsequently, I tried to use a shorter tool and it didn't work because it wasn't long enough! I was only able to get it ejected a mm, and had to go back to the original tool to get it loose.

The good news is that after the first ejection, the tray comes out with a regular amount of force.
    07-17-18 08:06 AM

The haptic vibration motor is much improved from the keyone, not seen that mentioned anywhere

will communicate with the retailer tomorrow to arrange for a replacement grrrr
    Very often happening to new devices. Had this on my Motion and had this on wife's Moto. After removing SIM tray few times to switch SIM or memory card all is now fine but yes, out of the box it was bit challenging...
    07-17-18 08:15 AM
    Well at least you all aren't as dumb as me. My KEYone tray pulled out easily, but I broke two paper clips trying to get the Key2 tray out. I didn't realize you're supposed to push, not pull. Heh... I think the Key2 tray locks in place.
    07-17-18 08:19 AM
    curious.. i will start using mine Thursday. fortunately I'll probably only use it twice. when start using the phone and when i will switch to the next BlackBerry
    07-17-18 08:23 AM
    curious.. i will start using mine Thursday. fortunately I'll probably only use it twice. when start using the phone and when i will switch to the next BlackBerry
    I was thinking that with my phones, put nice case because I will never again open SIM tray. But guess what. I got bigger SD card so opening SIM card tray was unavoidable, I changed my service provider so SIM changed etc. I had good few reasons to do that. I think few people will be in the same boat one way or another...
    07-17-18 08:42 AM
    I tried to open it for over an hour, I eventually gave up and shipped it back, hoping to get a replacement, should not be that difficult to open, if I change sd card in the future when memory gets cheaper or change service provider I don't need the hassle of trying to open it

Just should be this hard to open
    07-17-18 04:20 PM
    Well at least you all aren't as dumb as me. My KEYone tray pulled out easily, but I broke two paper clips trying to get the Key2 tray out. I didn't realize you're supposed to push, not pull. Heh... I think the Key2 tray locks in place.
    Oh I get it. Push, not pull. It works! Yes, I admit, total noob here.

So that little hole is a little bigger now and quite ugly, from me trying to poke it with all kinds of wires and paperclips. But it should still be functional, and I'm now a sim-tray opening expert.

Posted via CB10
    blueyestm likes this.
    07-17-18 04:35 PM
    Yeah basically every single phone these days has this sim-tray system where you use any sharp tool to push in with a moderate amount of force to get it to unseat itself, which you then just pull out completely using your fingers.
    07-17-18 04:47 PM
    Oh I get it. Push, not pull. It works! Yes, I admit, total noob here.

So that little hole is a little bigger now and quite ugly, from me trying to poke it with all kinds of wires and paperclips. But it should still be functional, and I'm now a sim-tray opening expert.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, sorry for your experience, but secretly I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    blueyestm likes this.
    07-17-18 04:51 PM
    I had trouble getting the Sim tray open with the Sim key that came with the key2, but then had the same issues on my PRIV with that key when the PRIV usually pops open with ease. I watched the guy at the phone store pop the Sim with his key no problem. Perhaps it is the key and not the tray?
    07-17-18 08:18 PM
    I had trouble getting the Sim tray open with the Sim key that came with the key2, but then had the same issues on my PRIV with that key when the PRIV usually pops open with ease. I watched the guy at the phone store pop the Sim with his key no problem. Perhaps it is the key and not the tray?
    The key that was shipped with the device broke, so I used a paperclip after. With the proper pushing action, paperclip works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    07-17-18 09:09 PM