08-11-18 09:24 AM
    Upgrading shall I get a key2

Posted via CB10
    I think so.
    08-11-18 09:34 AM
    Get a K1
    08-11-18 09:45 AM
    Get a K1
    I'd take the update to Android P, and the extra year of security patches in the KEY² or KEY² LE. The keyboard is also nicer - as is the call reception.
    08-11-18 09:52 AM
    I'd take the update to Android P, and the extra year of security patches in the KEY² or KEY² LE. The keyboard is also nicer - as is the call reception.
    Totally. The crap cell reception on my 3 KeyOnes was a deal breaker for me, although mine were all unlocked not connected to a carrier, so not sure if carrier-branded devices had better luck. Keyboard is butter on the Key2. Key2 all day, even though my 4 day old Key2 just bricked. Ha!
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-11-18 10:19 AM
    love love love the Key2. also, everyone who sees it says they want one...especially after I describe the unreal battery life
    08-11-18 10:22 AM
    Totally. The crap cell reception on my 3 KeyOnes was a deal breaker for me, although mine were all unlocked not connected to a carrier, so not sure if carrier-branded devices had better luck. Keyboard is butter on the Key2. Key2 all day, even though my 4 day old Key2 just bricked. Ha!
    I've had zero issues with my KEYone, tried the KEY2 and it felt cheap and more of a downgrade..
    08-11-18 10:25 AM
    Key2 worth it?
    No. Not at this price-point. In 2018.
    K2-LE @ 200-250USD max, yes.

Strictly imo.
    mailmonster likes this.
    08-11-18 01:49 PM
    No. Not at this price-point. In 2018.
    K2-LE @ 200-250USD max, yes.

Strictly imo.
    $250? Lol.

That wouldn't even cover the overhead by itself.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-11-18 02:14 PM
    Upgrading shall I get a key2

Posted via CB10
    I got mine 8 days ago and YES.
    Take it, test it and if doesn't tick your boxed within the 14 days return timeframe, return it.
    Switched from a KEYone btw.
    08-11-18 02:26 PM
    $250? Lol.

That wouldn't even cover the overhead by itself.
    Yeah, I don't understand how people think everything is cheap. Especially for TCL with how they are producing it. I do think the Key2 is priced just a tad too high. But the K2LE most definitely will not be 200-250. If that's what you're looking for go with Nokia. I'm estimating about 450-500 for K2LE
    08-11-18 02:31 PM
    That wouldn't even cover their overhead by itself.
    Don't care. Either make the product 'worth' the price-tag ~ or price it right. Your* profits, your overheads, is YOUR business. The consumer doesn't care. Either play ball ~ or go home. BlackBerry Ltd.** did, so will TCL if they don't act smart.

*here 'your' denotes the manufacturer, not the poster.
    **as in erstwhile RIM
    Fred Wu likes this.
    08-11-18 02:44 PM
    Great device well worth the update solid device.
    08-11-18 02:46 PM
    Don't care. Either make the product 'worth' the price-tag ~ or price it right. Your* profits, your overheads, is YOUR business. The consumer doesn't care. Either play ball ~ or go home. BlackBerry Ltd.** did, so will TCL if they don't act smart.

**as in erstwhile RIM
    It's the price of a specialized, niche device.

You either want a keyboard, or you don't. Cost of entry.

If you don't need a keyboard, then all power to you - there are tons of cheap slabs out there to choose from.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    08-11-18 03:23 PM

**as in erstwhile RIM
    BlackBerry Limited didn’t make any product worth the price tag since the 9900 from a profitability standpoint. It’s the very reason BB Ltd exited the hardware business. Once BB replaced BBOS with BB10, profitability evaporated without required SAF from BIS.
    08-11-18 03:34 PM
    Key2 all the way.
    08-11-18 04:10 PM
    Niche hmm, what do you do if the product is no more there? The way the brand is vehemently digging its grave ~ there won't be a BlackBerry to call for pretty soon.

No one beyond CrackBerry purchases a BB* anymore. And how many are there in CrackBerry to make the [inappropriately positioned] BB devices make any worthwhile investment to continue w.r.t. the manufacturers? Unless TCL/Opti/MP pull a Nokia ~ this lineage will be lost forever.

The point is simple, PKB has lost to slabs a long back. The few CrackBerrrians won't make a dent in the cellphone mkt. To make the PKBs viable the makers ought to position it very competitively. With a serious stress on that 'very' at that. The devices ought to be intriguing. Else, kaput!

*new BB i.e.
    08-11-18 05:36 PM
    Niche hmm, what do you do if the product is no more there? The way the brand is vehemently digging its grave ~ there won't be a BlackBerry to call for pretty soon.

No one beyond CrackBerry purchases a BB* anymore. And how many are there in CrackBerry to make the [inappropriately positioned] BB devices make any worthwhile investment to continue w.r.t. the manufacturers? Unless TCL/Opti/MP pull a Nokia ~ this lineage will be lost forever.

The point is simple, PKB has lost to slabs a long back. The few CrackBerrrians won't make a dent in the cellphone mkt. To make the PKBs viable the makers ought to position it very competitively. With a serious stress on that 'very' at that. The devices ought to be intriguing. Else, kaput!

*new BB i.e.
    They aren't going to sell keyboard devices at a loss. Not sure what you're suggesting.

It costs huge dollars to have a keyboard - not just the direct costs, but the patent licencing.
    08-11-18 05:39 PM
    They aren't going to sell keyboard devices at a loss. Not sure what you're suggesting.
    Then don't talking about gaining 3% market shares.
    Qorax likes this.
    08-11-18 05:42 PM

*new BB i.e.
    Cheap devices could never be the strategy because of BB licensing, BB software and PKB costs will always form a base line above competitors pricing. If BBMo/TCL can’t generate sales from the niche using the niche, it will just stop. There’s not really any future in going cheaper. Small, profitable volume, if possible, is the only real viable strategy. The new rumored Palm device would represent another viable strategy without same level of licensing costs except for PKB.
    08-11-18 05:48 PM
    Mobile phones are more commodity-type devices these days, and there’s hardly anything “specialized” about them since in the end they’re designed to accomplish the same things with only minor differences between them, wouldn’t you agree? Singling out the TCL devices because of the PKB is trivial (and the market has spoken, after all) but doesn’t change the fact that the devices are all pretty much interchangeable. TCL could vanish tomorrow and even the hard core PKB users would be getting on with their lives sooner rather than later.

There’s nothing “specialized “ about any mobile device that I can think of.
    Qorax likes this.
    08-11-18 06:35 PM
51 123