It is happening with ALL LTE-only devices.

https://www.androidauthority.com/ver...how-to-922365/
    Should clarify that's it's BYOD LTE Only devices that are affected. Verizon has LTE only devices in their lineup that work just fine.
    11-07-18 09:07 AM
    Should clarify that's it's BYOD LTE Only devices that are affected. Verizon has LTE only devices in their lineup that work just fine.
    Yes, that's right. I should have specified.
    11-07-18 09:08 AM
    Which smartphones that Verizon cells are LTE only devices?
    11-07-18 09:49 AM
    Which smartphones that Verizon cells are LTE only devices?
    Right now there are two basic (flip) devices out and there will be one smartphone releasing this month.
    11-07-18 09:55 AM
    Right now there are two basic (flip) devices out and there will be one smartphone releasing this month.
    The reason I asked is I could not find a smartphone that they sold. I bought my mother in-law one of the Kyocera DuraXV. Verizon even tried putting my sim in this phone to provision my account for CDMA-free and it did not work.
    11-07-18 10:29 AM
    The reason I asked is I could not find a smartphone that they sold. I bought my mother in-law one of the Kyocera DuraXV. Verizon even tried putting my sim in this phone to provision my account for CDMA-free and it did not work.
    The Kyocera DuraXV-LTE uses both CDMA & LTE. The Kyocera Cadence is LTE only (CDMA less).
    11-07-18 10:33 AM
    So years beyond BB10 and to a different company, and we are still relying on work around and fixing things ourselves for a BlackBerry phone?
    No one is relying on work arounds. There was no promise made it would work on VZW. This stuff is something that was always on tap for Verizon, the transition from CDMA has been planned for years now, just because people are trying it out now and finding some of it has been implemented doesn't change the fact the KEY2 was never sold as a VZW compatible device.

Technically, BlackBerry Mobile could have sold it under the premise 'it might work in some Verizon areas and possilby be functionally limited' but that would just be plain dumb and a poor showing. Instead, they made no VZW variant and people have stumbled across the current situation of it largely working.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-07-18 12:17 PM
    All it should take to get it working is a NEW SIM from a VZW corporate store. That's exactly what happened with the Key2 LE. Hopefully someone will try that and report back but that should fix the texting problem...
    11-07-18 12:58 PM
    All it should take to get it working is a NEW SIM from a VZW corporate store. That's exactly what happened with the Key2 LE. Hopefully someone will try that and report back but that should fix the texting problem...
    Nope. Tried it (twice actually) and no luck.
    11-07-18 03:30 PM
    VZW finally got my Key2 LE provisioned properly and I can send and receive SMS on it. Basic VVM even works.
    I can confirm that I took the SIM out of my Key2 LE and put it in my Key2 and everything works but WiFi calling.
    11-07-18 03:43 PM
    Try calling Verizon and requesting a CDMA-less profile. It worked for a bunch of folks using the Razer Phone 2. They started receiving text as well.
    11-07-18 05:25 PM
    This is the best news I've heard this week! I was looking to pull the trigger on a Key2 LE next month, but if the Key2 is a potential option on Verizon, then I'm more than willing to shell out the extra money for a better device.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and Vistaus like this.
    11-07-18 06:22 PM
    Nope. Tried it (twice actually) and no luck.
    Did you try this with a brand new SIM from a VZW corporate store or is it a recent SIM so-to-speak. Most people are reporting that you have to get a brand new SIM...
    11-07-18 07:55 PM
    Did you try this with a brand new SIM from a VZW corporate store or is it a recent SIM so-to-speak. Most people are reporting that you have to get a brand new SIM...
    I got a brand new SIM at a corporate store .... And then another brand new SIM from a corporate store. (Both were Bulksim-Tri-A)
    11-07-18 08:00 PM
    No one is relying on work arounds. There was no promise made it would work on VZW. This stuff is something that was always on tap for Verizon, the transition from CDMA has been planned for years now, just because people are trying it out now and finding some of it has been implemented doesn't change the fact the KEY2 was never sold as a VZW compatible device.

Technically, BlackBerry Mobile could have sold it under the premise 'it might work in some Verizon areas and possilby be functionally limited' but that would just be plain dumb and a poor showing. Instead, they made no VZW variant and people have stumbled across the current situation of it largely working.
    Fair enough I suppose. It has always just seemed so hard to be a BlackBerry owner lol.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    11-07-18 08:11 PM
    This time it's on Verizon.
    Conite I'd like your advice.

Im switching from Verizon to AT&T and looking to get the LE.. but now I'm seeing on the forums that the Key2 possibly can work and will eventually work with future updates/provisions?

I really want the Key2 over the LE but by the looks of it you say they are in the same situation so it doesn't really matter which I would buy? In that case should I just get the Key2? This is the phone I originally wanted over the LE.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 11:03 AM
    Conite I'd like your advice.

Im switching from Verizon to AT&T and looking to get the LE.. but now I'm seeing on the forums that the Key2 possibly can work and will eventually work with future updates/provisions?

I really want the Key2 over the LE but by the looks of it you say they are in the same situation so it doesn't really matter which I would buy? In that case should I just get the Key2? This is the phone I originally wanted over the LE.

Posted via CB10
    The kicker is that the LE is the only one that is officially supported by Verizon.

If something changes down the line and makes the regular KEY² unworkable, you'd be stuck. Verizon would take no responsibility.
    11-08-18 11:05 AM
    This is the best news I've heard this week! I was looking to pull the trigger on a Key2 LE next month, but if the Key2 is a potential option on Verizon, then I'm more than willing to shell out the extra money for a better device.

Posted via CB10
    This is the same exact situation I'm in. I'm within a month of choosing to buy the LE because the Key2 isn't VZ compatible, but reading the forums on this topic is making me wait to buy the Key2 instead which I really would like over the LE.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 11:06 AM
    The kicker is that the LE is the only one that is officially supported by Verizon.

If something changes down the line and makes the regular KEY² unworkable, you'd be stuck. Verizon would take no responsibility.
    And this really cuts the cake I guess.. looks like I'm probably getting the LE

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 11:07 AM
    The Verizon Tier 2 person called be back after 2 days just to see it everything is still working and I told him yes. I asked him a few question about why mine was so difficult and found out that in other cases they were faking the system by telling it was another CDMA-free device (The Oneplus 6T) and then provisioned the account. Once that was done they would switch it back to a Key2 LE in the system. But in my case I have a very old grandfathered unlimited data and unlimited calls and the system keep trying to upgrade my plan to a new throttled unlimited data plan. So they had to have IT go in and actually override the system and provision my phone manually.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-09-18 12:39 PM
    The Verizon Tier 2 person called be back after 2 days just to see it everything is still working and I told him yes. I asked him a few question about why mine was so difficult and found out that in other cases they were faking the system by telling it was another CDMA-free device (The Oneplus 6T) and then provisioned the account. Once that was done they would switch it back to a Key2 LE in the system. But in my case I have a very old grandfathered unlimited data and unlimited calls and the system keep trying to upgrade my plan to a new throttled unlimited data plan. So they had to have IT go in and actually override the system and provision my phone manually.
    Sorry for my confusion but are you using a Key2 or a Key2 LE? I am asking because it sounds like they it in the system as a Key2 LE while you are using the Key2? Is that the trick to get the Key2 to work? Sorry for any confusion on my part.
    11-09-18 01:04 PM
    Sorry for my confusion but are you using a Key2 or a Key2 LE? I am asking because it sounds like they it in the system as a Key2 LE while you are using the Key2? Is that the trick to get the Key2 to work? Sorry for any confusion on my part.
    Well right now I am using the Key2 LE. But I did put the sim in my Key 2 and everything works but WiFi Calling. (Which doesn't work on the LE either.)
    11-09-18 01:07 PM
    Well right now I am using the Key2 LE. But I did put the sim in my Key 2 and everything works but WiFi Calling. (Which doesn't work on the LE either.)
    Thanks - that is definitely helpful. Based on this and other threads, it's beginning to look like if an account is provisioned as "CDMA-Less" then it will likely work. I suspect VZW didn't have that option (or at least it wasn't as easy to access for provisioning) when the Key2 was first launched but it seems like that is now key. It's still unclear whether a new SIM is needed as well but it's great to see that people are now getting their Key2s working. If it becomes a solid trend then I am going to take the plunge myself (I definitely want the Key2 vs the Key2 LE).
    11-09-18 08:12 PM
    for the sake of my ignorance - what does one give up by going CDMA- less?
    11-09-18 08:21 PM
    for the sake of my ignorance - what does one give up by going CDMA- less?
    Why compatibility with CDMA network, of course....
    11-09-18 08:43 PM
106 1234 ...