did anyone try the new SIM card? I'm thinking of running to Verizon to see if they can give me a new one
    08-31-19 12:44 PM
    Hate how many KEY2 LE are getting returned for the sake of getting a KEY2 to work on Verizon.... BBMo ought to be able to help with this.
    The only way BBMo could help is to write Verizon a big check to pay for the device to go through official certification - something any OEM can do. But that simply wouldn't make any financial sense for BBMo, given the phone's sales volumes, financial situation, and the age of the phone.
    08-31-19 05:06 PM
    The only way BBMo could help is to write Verizon a big check to pay for the device to go through official certification - something any OEM can do. But that simply wouldn't make any financial sense for BBMo, given the phone's sales volumes, financial situation, and the age of the phone.
    Plus, since it seems that VZW is selling and supporting the Key2 LE, I don’t think VZW is wanting to split the PKB demand. It seems pretty obvious that BBMo chose not certify Key2 way back when because of the LE plan.
    08-31-19 05:31 PM
    I've had Key2 on Verizon since January (8 months).

the only way I could get it working was to buy a Key1 at BestBuy...... go t Verizon and get SiM and get the key1 working. then pop the the SIM card out of Key 1 and put it in Key2. I did it right in the Verizon store as soon as I got the Key1 working and everything worked immediately. Then, returned Key1 to BestBuy and get refund.

Every other attempt I made trying to get a SIM directly issued for the Key2 is failed. I made several attempts calling tech support, supervisors etc. I spent about 2 weeks screwing around making several attempts/tech support calls/etc etc. Never could get everything working.

Anyway ....... that's how I did it. 8 months now and no problem.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-31-19 06:23 PM
    I've had Key2 on Verizon since January (8 months).

the only way I could get it working was to buy a Key1 at BestBuy...... go t Verizon and get SiM and get the key1 working. then pop the the SIM card out of Key 1 and put it in Key2. I did it right in the Verizon store as soon as I got the Key1 working and everything worked immediately. Then, returned Key1 to BestBuy and get refund.

Every other attempt I made trying to get a SIM directly issued for the Key2 is failed. I made several attempts calling tech support, supervisors etc. I spent about 2 weeks screwing around making several attempts/tech support calls/etc etc. Never could get everything working.

Anyway ....... that's how I did it. 8 months now and no problem.
    Brilliant!
    09-01-19 04:43 AM
    For what it's worth, the way I got my Key2 working with Verizon is that I already had a phone that had CDMAless provisioning active on the account. I used my brothers OnePlus 6T to activate the feature, popped the SIM in my Black Key2 and everything worked out of the gate. Tried to see if it would work on my silver one, and it does as well. So you don't necessarily need a Key2 LE, just a phone that would work with CDMAless provisioning. The OP6T, Razer Phone 2, etc etc etc
    Last edited by KOAO; 09-05-19 at 02:29 PM.
    09-05-19 02:10 PM
106 ... 345