Which version or model of the Key2 are you all talking about - I see three of them, one of them a dual sim. Before I buy one, I want to make sure I have the same model as the ones you are talking about. I have a OnePlus6t that I had to get CDMA less'd on Verizon and I would like to try it in the Key2.
    11-22-18 04:38 PM
    I too would like an answer to that question which dfspcc just asked. I literally just jumped on the Key2 LE yesterday after I read about the $50 price decrease but I would PREFER a regular Key2 (using KeyONE now and the 3GB of RAM just isn't enough to keep up with my business needs (I had the 4GB model on ATT and it was fine).

As such I'd prefer the 6GB RAM Key2 (Has larger battery too like the KeyONE has) but I also am hesitant now on even keeping the Key2 LE after reading about being left in the wind if they drop support for it in the future.

I see the KeyONE in the Verizon ODI Showcase but the Key2 LE is nowhere to be seen!

Also in the basement of the building I work in (about 14 - 16 feet below ground in an all concrete foundatation) I usually get a -120 to a -131 and it barely holds on to a call on 4G LTE. Sometimes I see my KeyONE drop down to 1x or 3G too so I'm even more hesitant on any of this stuff without CDMA.

I don't care what Verizon says, I *DOUBT* that CDMA will be 100% farmed back to 4G LTE (Band 13 for sure for in building coverage) by the end of 2019.

Verizon is by FAR the best carrier in the country on coverage and NO OTHER PROVIDER works whatsoever in the basement of my work building (A bank building at that). Yes, I know about cell repeaters. Don't feel like using one if I don't have to an I'm NOT switching back to ATT!!!
    Last edited by JB007Rules; 02-04-19 at 05:22 PM.
    02-04-19 05:07 PM
    BTW I came back here looking to see if the Key2 cases will work with the Key2 LE and I found this thread LOL

My Key2 LE will be arriving tomorrow from Amazon and I'm tempted to just return it.
    02-04-19 05:08 PM
    FYI guys I found this: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/950691

Blackberry Mobile support indicates that Verizon provided the following to them as resolution:

We will need you to go to Verizon and have them give you a new SIM card for your device. Also, they need to add a Batch Order for a SFO code

The SFO code it is 83856

And only then they will be able to see the

"CDMA-less devices provisioning"

With those steps, the phone will receive the SMS on the Key2 LE.
    02-04-19 05:23 PM
    "I had first bought the blackberry key2. When I put in my sim card, everything worked but I could not receive text messages. After a few days of research, I realized from forms that I should of got the blackberry key2LE. As they said this is the one that works on the network. I then bought the key2le went to best buy to get it hooked up and I ran into the same issue.... Everything worked but I could still not receive text messages. The associate there played around in my account and he changed a few things. I believe the first thing was the sfo 858306 whatever that was... He then changed it to CDMA Less device provisioning. Once he did this everything was working and I was now able to receive text messages.... I said that's weird. If everything worked on the key2 but receiving text messages what would make it different for the key2LE. We then just out of curiosity figured let's try the key2 again and yes everything was now working web,email,phone and text both in and out.... So I'm here to say YES both the key2 and the key2LE will work on the network as long as you do the above. Hope this helps... Verizon please update your notes about these phones."
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-04-19 05:29 PM
    Okay, seriously I do need to know which key2 works guys? What's the model?
    02-04-19 07:47 PM
    Looks like the BBF100-2 us the "US model" but the -6 model is the same but has more 2G GSM fallback support??? See here: https://www.phonemore.com/compare/ph...f100-6/8202650

Maybe either would work??

EDIT: sorry, watching kids, trying to buy stuff and be educated on what I'm buying... -6 appears to be global VS -2 is the US model.

Let me know what you think and I'll buy based on opinions!
    02-04-19 08:02 PM
    Been running a BBF100-2 on Verizon for the past three months. No issues at all with the device / network reliability. Signal strength on LTE only has exceeded friends with iPhones falling back to CDMA in very rural areas.

I still have my KEY2 LE if VZW decides to crack down on policy, but I doubt it at this point.
    02-04-19 09:09 PM
    Thank you for the input!!!
    02-04-19 09:28 PM
    I too would like an answer to that question which dfspcc just asked. I literally just jumped on the Key2 LE yesterday after I read about the $50 price decrease but I would PREFER a regular Key2 (using KeyONE now and the 3GB of RAM just isn't enough to keep up with my business needs (I had the 4GB model on ATT and it was fine).

As such I'd prefer the 6GB RAM Key2 (Has larger battery too like the KeyONE has) but I also am hesitant now on even keeping the Key2 LE after reading about being left in the wind if they drop support for it in the future.

I see the KeyONE in the Verizon ODI Showcase but the Key2 LE is nowhere to be seen!

Also in the basement of the building I work in (about 14 - 16 feet below ground in an all concrete foundatation) I usually get a -120 to a -131 and it barely holds on to a call on 4G LTE. Sometimes I see my KeyONE drop down to 1x or 3G too so I'm even more hesitant on any of this stuff without CDMA.

I don't care what Verizon says, I *DOUBT* that CDMA will be 100% farmed back to 4G LTE (Band 13 for sure for in building coverage) by the end of 2019.

Verizon is by FAR the best carrier in the country on coverage and NO OTHER PROVIDER works whatsoever in the basement of my work building (A bank building at that). Yes, I know about cell repeaters. Don't feel like using one if I don't have to an I'm NOT switching back to ATT!!!
    BTW if signal strength is a concern for you, definitely go for the LE.
    02-04-19 10:05 PM
    I'm rolling the dice here. Just bought the BBF100-6 now. I have Verizon working perfectly in my Key2 LE so I'll do a SIM swap when I get it in and let you all know my experience!
    02-06-19 05:06 PM
    I bought a KEY2 (BBF100-2) on Amazon last week and popped in the SIM from my KEYone. Just like the OP, everything worked except receiving texts. After a long ordeal, I finally got it fully activated on Verizon last night.

What didn't work: Verizon's telephone customer service and tech support.

When I got a call back from an analyst after escalating through tier 1 and 2 support, he just said he couldn't activate the CDMAless feature because I had "the wrong model" of the KEY2.

When I called back and went through some of the stories from this thread with another tech support agent, including mentioning SFO numbers and DMD, he was thoughtful and informative and explained what everything meant. But ultimately, he couldn't do anything about it, and we came to the conclusion that the only option was...

What worked: borrowing the IMEI from a KEY2 LE.

I went to a local Verizon store, started out by saying "I kinda need to buy a KEY2 LE", and explained everything that was happening. The person who helped me tried swapping in a new SIM first, but that only made the problem worse (I couldn't send or receive SMS).

Eventually, he came around to the idea that the only way to make this work would be to provision my SIM using the IMEI from a CDMAless device they supported -- but they didn't have any. They don't stock the KEY2 LE, the Kyocera I'd seen mentioned, or any others.

But there *was* a KEY2 LE in stock at the Best Buy a few blocks away. I explained the situation, and they said they couldn't let me just use the IMEI... but I could buy the phone, take it back to Verizon to use the IMEI printed on the outside of the box, and return it unopened for a full refund.
    Jimmy Raye likes this.
    02-08-19 03:29 AM
    It's not worth it to have a phone on a network while missing standard features. I imagine a phone like a blackberry would be for a person who enjoys sending texts and emails. I would rather settle for a Key2 LE if I were to stay on a Verizon network; that only offers their services to that phone.
    02-08-19 08:44 AM
    It's not worth it to have a phone on a network while missing standard features. I imagine a phone like a blackberry would be for a person who enjoys sending texts and emails. I would rather settle for a Key2 LE if I were to stay on a Verizon network; that only offers their services to that phone.
    HUH? What "standard features" are missing??? I mean visual voicemail sucks and I personally don't like it so that's the only thing I can see missing... I don't need or use WIFI calling as my wireless at my office is too slow anyways so I just use 4G LTE all day long as I have unlimited (And I rarely use more than like 10 gigs a month anyways). Hot spot works fine.... Literally nothing is missing/not working...
    02-08-19 03:35 PM
    HUH? What "standard features" are missing??? I mean visual voicemail sucks and I personally don't like it so that's the only thing I can see missing... I don't need or use WIFI calling as my wireless at my office is too slow anyways so I just use 4G LTE all day long as I have unlimited (And I rarely use more than like 10 gigs a month anyways). Hot spot works fine.... Literally nothing is missing/not working...
    According to the OP, he clearly states that he places his Verizon Sim card into his phone and the only thing that is missing is "receiving texts." He said that he is able to send them but not receive them; which I view as a standard feature.

I personally don't think that it is worth it to use a phone with a carrier that it is not designed for; that consequently causes you to lose a feature; in this case receiving text messages which I view as standard.
    02-08-19 04:21 PM
    Double glad I'm going to the regular Key2!!!! 4G RAM ain't enough these days for me!!!! (Let alone 3GB on the KeyONE (which I didn't have even half my apps loaded))... day 3 of having my K2 LE and the battery is abysmal!! I have all my apps loaded (lots of networking stuff as I'm a network engineer) and getting low memory error like I get on my KeyONE!

KEY2 works on Verizon! (minus rec. texts)-screenshot_20190208-200958.jpg
    02-08-19 08:14 PM
    According to the OP, he clearly states that he places his Verizon Sim card into his phone and the only thing that is missing is "receiving texts." He said that he is able to send them but not receive them; which I view as a standard feature.

I personally don't think that it is worth it to use a phone with a carrier that it is not designed for; that consequently causes you to lose a feature; in this case receiving text messages which I view as standard.
    That's not an issue when a SIM is properly configured for CDMA-less SMS and the stock Android messages app is utilized. I've been using a KEY2 on VZW since November with no operational differences between the KEY2 LE. In fact, I have VVM on my KEY2 but not my KEY2 LE, so it's thus far more VZW compatible than the approved device.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-08-19 10:49 PM
    I can confirm that this solution works 100%. I know that it is not "the best solution", but it is the only certain solution I found.
    Edit: I'm talking about the solution posted by Mr2001 (#87)
    Last edited by antoniodltm; 02-10-19 at 01:31 PM.
    02-10-19 12:50 PM
    I did the same thing ...... sorta.

I tried getting s SIM from Verizon for my Key2 ..... they set it up in their system as an iPhome x (they have to choose some device on their system), everything worked except receiving SMS/MMS. I tried 3-4 attempts with tech support and never got it working.

So..... I went to Best buy and purchased a Key2 LE. brought it to Verizon and started over with new SIM in the LE. Got everything working on LE (they had to put an order in to tech support which took less than 5 minutes). Boom..... call/data/SMS .... send and receive, all worked. I then pulled the SIM out of LE and popped in Key 2 and all was well.

I returned the LE to Best Buy and paid a $35 restocking fee. This may sound like a hassle but way easier to me than to keep making calls to tech support with no result.
    Last edited by duckduke; 02-11-19 at 07:08 AM.
    02-10-19 06:27 PM
    I'm a bit late following up here but my key2 arrived late yesterday and it's working perfectly on Verizon!!! (inbound and outbound calling, texting, voice-mail, etc)

Key2 le is being returned to amazon and I will keep my keyone for now as a backup!
    02-13-19 08:00 PM
    I'm a bit late following up here but my key2 arrived late yesterday and it's working perfectly on Verizon!!! (inbound and outbound calling, texting, voice-mail, etc)

Key2 le is being returned to amazon and I will keep my keyone for now as a backup!
    Hotspot working as well?
    02-25-19 04:07 PM
    Hotspot working as well?
    Yes. 100% . But if you had a laptop with 4G built in...... Jus sayin....
    02-25-19 09:57 PM
    The clue was above w/ the gentleman who used a borrowed Key2 LE IMEI #. Verizon got mine all working except for incoming text. They could NOT provision CDMA Less feature. My device wouldn't take it. After 90 minutes w/ a GREAT Tech he "borrowed" an IMEI from an iPhone in their system that was similar enough to accept the feature. Once CDMA deleted/removed all works. The IMEI apparently doesn't matter. To confirm. I have a fully working Key2 (not LE) on Verizon w/ a grandfathered data plan.
    bibbula and ikalinin like this.
    03-06-19 07:58 PM
    Yeah but average Joe isn't going to research all this. If it doesn't work out of the box, many may just bring it back. It's a shame and obviously Verizon has no clue or it isn't important enough to educate all of its tech support people.
    But your average Joe isn't buying a BlackBerry, he's buying an iPhone or Samsung. You're underestimating the buyers who purchase BlackBerry in 2019.
    03-07-19 09:23 AM
    Hate how many KEY2 LE are getting returned for the sake of getting a KEY2 to work on Verizon.... BBMo ought to be able to help with this.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-07-19 11:15 AM
106 ... 2345