Which means what in English? No 3G signal?
    11-09-18 08:47 PM
    Correct. Your handset will only be able to connect to Verizon's LTE network for both voice and data. They are in the process of re-farming their CDMA frequencies to LTE so until the process is complete you run the potential risk of signal drop.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-18 09:40 PM
    Verizon is dropping CDMA shortly anyway, so the question is moot.
    11-09-18 10:14 PM
    You will need a new SIM. VZW told me that the old ones are not CDMA-Free capable. They also said the new SIM that they have are now universal. They tried 4 different ones for me and the one that works for me was part number BULKSIM-TRI-A.
    11-09-18 10:16 PM
    When LTE began rolling out several years ago on VZW, it was for many customers, first VZW SIM card ever. At least it really seemed like it. When SIM card malfunctioned, CDMA was separate and could still function.

If familiar with GSM carriers, new SIM cards and replacing semi-frequently, especially with every new device purchase is just normal.
    11-10-18 05:36 PM
    When LTE began rolling out several years ago on VZW, it was for many customers, first VZW SIM card ever. At least it really seemed like it. When SIM card malfunctioned, CDMA was separate and could still function.

If familiar with GSM carriers, new SIM cards and replacing semi-frequently, especially with every new device purchase is just normal.
    Chuck, any thoughts on whether the Key2's VVM will work given that it's not whitelisted (and I mean with the new SIM)? I'm guessing perhaps that's the one thing someone might giving up here by going with the Key2 vs the Key2 LE (aside from a guarantee of future compatibility of something in the system changes)? Thanks.
    11-10-18 11:01 PM
    Verizon is dropping CDMA shortly anyway, so the question is moot.
    What does this mean? That when VZ drops CDMA the Key2 won't work at all?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-18 11:21 PM
    What does this mean? That when VZ drops CDMA the Key2 won't work at all?

Posted via CB10
    The KEY² doesn't use CDMA.
    11-10-18 11:25 PM
    Chuck, any thoughts on whether the Key2's VVM will work given that it's not whitelisted (and I mean with the new SIM)? I'm guessing perhaps that's the one thing someone might giving up here by going with the Key2 vs the Key2 LE (aside from a guarantee of future compatibility of something in the system changes)? Thanks.
    K1 is whitelisted and there is no vvm.
    11-11-18 06:40 AM
    I believe you’re seeing a differentiation with flagships and mid tier devices as carriers look to encourage sales of certain specific devices. Enhanced features such as VVM, WFC and VoLTE help increase sales of higher profit margin devices. Think “premium features on premium devices” segmented marketing.

If enhanced features matter to you, you’re going to have ask your carrier which devices are supported as carrier sold or certified doesn’t seem to consistently matter anymore. My AT&T KEYone is proof of that.
    11-11-18 12:56 PM
    Thanks Chuck - this is very good to know.
    11-11-18 09:59 PM
    still not sure how to get the key2 fully working on verizon. I was able to get mine to work minus incoming texts. I had the SIM changed out and it still doesn't work. When going into a verizon store, they are not able to enter the IMEI of the phone into the system as its unsupported. As such, they're unable to get the CDMA_Less option enabled.
    11-12-18 10:05 AM
    still not sure how to get the key2 fully working on verizon. I was able to get mine to work minus incoming texts. I had the SIM changed out and it still doesn't work. When going into a verizon store, they are not able to enter the IMEI of the phone into the system as its unsupported. As such, they're unable to get the CDMA_Less option enabled.
    That's the point though. You can't let them try to auto-provision it using their own website. They have to manually set it up. Tell them to pretend it's a OnePlus 6T.
    11-12-18 12:42 PM
    That's the point though. You can't let them try to auto-provision it using their own website. They have to manually set it up. Tell them to pretend it's a OnePlus 6T.
    In my case the only way it worked was to call tech support and tell them it is a slate gray Key2 LE and have them put a ticket in to have your IMEI added to the device management database. After that is done they can then manual add the CDMA-free provision on your account.
    11-12-18 12:51 PM
    In my case the only way it worked was to call tech support and tell them it is a slate gray Key2 LE and have them put a ticket in to have your IMEI added to the device management database. After that is done they can then manual add the CDMA-free provision on your account.
    Yep. That works too.
    11-12-18 12:54 PM
    so what if I were to buy a OnePlus6T and then get it working, and then put the sim card into the key2? It seems their system pulls the IMEI for the key2 as I see it in there, even though they're not able to enter it directly.
    11-12-18 12:59 PM
    so what if I were to buy a OnePlus6T and then get it working, and then put the sim card into the key2? It seems their system pulls the IMEI for the key2 as I see it in there, even though they're not able to enter it directly.
    I would imagine that would work.
    11-12-18 03:40 PM
    got a key2 le. brought to verizon store. they put in a new SIM. It worked. Then transferred the SIM to the key2 and everything worked (calls, texts, and data).
    11-12-18 07:22 PM
    got a key2 le. brought to verizon store. they put in a new SIM. It worked. Then transferred the SIM to the key2 and everything worked (calls, texts, and data).
    Wow
    @conite @Bla1ze @thurask

Impressive huh ?
    11-13-18 07:36 AM
    Wow
    @conite @Bla1ze @thurask

Impressive huh ?
    That has been confirmed from multiple sources.

The concern is that since the KEY² isn't officially supported, things could change somewhere down the road and you'd be left flapping in the breeze.
    bibbula likes this.
    11-13-18 07:40 AM
    Wow
    @conite @Bla1ze @thurask

Impressive huh ?
    KEY2 works on Verizon! (minus rec. texts)-raw.jpg
    the_boon, Jake2826 and Vistaus like this.
    11-13-18 01:24 PM
    Someone on another thread reporting that their Key2 worked for 1 day and now cannot get service on VZW. Has anyone else who got a Key2 to work had this challenge or are the other Key2 phones still working on VZW? Thanks.
    11-14-18 11:22 PM
    Someone on another thread reporting that their Key2 worked for 1 day and now cannot get service on VZW. Has anyone else who got a Key2 to work had this challenge or are the other Key2 phones still working on VZW? Thanks.
    I also read that. Fingers are crossed but still working 100% here
    11-15-18 11:01 AM
    I have both a Key2 and Key2 LE. the LE works well on Verizon but when I take my Sim from LE and put in the Key2 I get no service. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the Key2 to work?
    11-17-18 03:07 PM
    I have both a Key2 and Key2 LE. the LE works well on Verizon but when I take my Sim from LE and put in the Key2 I get no service. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the Key2 to work?
    So after toggling the preferred network setting from LTE/UMTS/GSM to LTE/CDMA and then back to LTE/UMTS/GSM (rebooting the device in between) I am now up and running on the Key2
    11-17-18 04:34 PM
106 12345