I have 2 silver Key2s - BBF100-2s from Amazon US, build date 7/24.

One that I dropped in water that works perfectly.

One that I've been setting up for the other half for the past 2 days. This one I charged to 100%, unplugged it, shut it down, went to turn it back on and NOPE. It won't turn back on.

I've plugged it back in and still no joy. Tried power button for 32 seconds, power and volume up, power and volume down, nada.

Using stock everything except for the BB10 icon back downloaded from the Play Store about an hour before it wouldn't turn back on.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by mralgi; 08-11-18 at 02:49 AM.
    08-11-18 02:03 AM
    Just return it if it's within the 30 days. Reorder another.
    08-11-18 02:15 AM
    Just return it if it's within the 30 days. Reorder another.
    I likely will. Want to see if anyone smarter than me has any ideas first.
    08-11-18 03:53 AM
    oh man....theres other reports of phone dying for no apparent reasons,,,kinda worried now
    08-11-18 08:37 AM
    oh man....theres other reports of phone dying for no apparent reasons,,,kinda worried now
    Loved the phone to death, but I've heard of a few people this has happened to as well. Amazon was good about it and they're sending me another one out today that should be at my place by 9pm. Still concerning though and glad I had a backup with me.
    08-11-18 08:41 AM
    So how did you wipe your personal information on it before sending it in? This sounds like a bigger problem then just a dead phone.
    08-11-18 08:53 AM
    So how did you wipe your personal information on it before sending it in? This sounds like a bigger problem then just a dead phone.
    It just happened a few hours ago, so I haven't sent it in yet, but I was thinking the same thing. I have a lot of HIGHLY sensitive information on the phone.
    08-11-18 09:03 AM
    I have 2 silver Key2s - BBF100-2s from Amazon US, build date 7/24.

One that I dropped in water that works perfectly.

One that I've been setting up for the other half for the past 2 days. This one I charged to 100%, unplugged it, shut it down, went to turn it back on and NOPE. It won't turn back on.

I've plugged it back in and still no joy. Tried power button for 32 seconds, power and volume up, power and volume down, nada.

Using stock everything except for the BB10 icon back downloaded from the Play Store about an hour before it wouldn't turn back on.

Any ideas?
    I bought my phone from unlocked mobiles in the UK and literally my phone just did the same a couple of hours ago. I bought it less than 30days ago.... jeez I really hope they sort it out. i'm devastated...
    08-26-18 08:41 AM
    I bought my phone from unlocked mobiles in the UK and literally my phone just did the same a couple of hours ago. I bought it less than 30days ago.... jeez I really hope they sort it out. i'm devastated...
    Just exchange it
    08-26-18 10:45 AM
    I wish it was this easy my friend... i'm not in the UK and anytime something like this happens I have to wait for the brits to wake up before I get some sort of reply on what to do, how to post it and whether they'll just send me out a new one or not, or will they want to mess around with wanting to repair it first etc, whilst i'm without a phone on the other side of the planet.

i'm just devastated (sorry about sounding all y-gen and I know #firstworldproblems , I get it) I can't believe BB would have this issue, like government officials and "big scary people" use BB coz they're the most secure, most private, most etc etc.... so how??

and like everyone else here to whom this has happened we're now going to lose all our non-backed-up stuff!
    08-26-18 07:25 PM
    I had this same issue after my first day with the device, running the battery down to exhaustion so I could calibrate its metering.

Tried a bunch of stuff, including the 30+ seconds hold down of power button, which used to power up my Priv if I completely killed the battery.

On a whim I held down the Convenience Key and the Power Key at the same time and it turned on just fine.

Hopefully this helps anyone else in the future. Convenience Key is the button directly adjacent to the Power Key on the right side of the phone (when looking at the screen).
    12-22-18 08:12 PM
    I bought BB 128GB dual SIM from Amazon DE. Phone worked for few days, no issue. December update downloaded and installed. After that phone does not go after those triangles/circles/squares screen. Anyone experienced the same issue? Any advise?
    12-23-18 07:42 AM