Hello,

I had something odd happen today just before noon CST. I had a spam phone call come in that I didn’t answer. I was then looking at my call logs, and suddenly my SIM couldn't be detected. Then, wifi dropped. The phone froze, and then powered off.

When I attempted to power it back on, the Blackberry logo would appear, then a circle would appear momentarily like something was loading, and then it shut down completely. This happened twice, and now nothing will power on. The back top portion of the phone felt extremely warm (but not hot) after this.

Holding the power button did nothing, and I tried plugging in the phone for a few hours - no charge whatsoever.

I then replaced the battery with a spare I was going to replace this one with anyways - no luck with charge or power again.

Would any of you be able to help? I have a lot of important information on this phone I’m scared I’ve lost forever, and really want to preserve it.
    10-27-21 02:33 AM
    Hello,

I had something odd happen today just before noon CST. I had a spam phone call come in that I didn’t answer. I was then looking at my call logs, and suddenly my SIM couldn't be detected. Then, wifi dropped. The phone froze, and then powered off.

When I attempted to power it back on, the Blackberry logo would appear, then a circle would appear momentarily like something was loading, and then it shut down completely. This happened twice, and now nothing will power on. The back top portion of the phone felt extremely warm (but not hot) after this.

Holding the power button did nothing, and I tried plugging in the phone for a few hours - no charge whatsoever.

I then replaced the battery with a spare I was going to replace this one with anyways - no luck with charge or power again.

Would any of you be able to help? I have a lot of important information on this phone I’m scared I’ve lost forever, and really want to preserve it.
    Well you should have been using Android backup option so you data should be safe when you reload the OS.... or get a new phone.

Can you get to the Boot Mode? If not the phone is likely fried...
    10-27-21 08:08 AM
    No can't get to boot mode :/ I do have Android backup, but from what I understand, it doesn't back up text messages that are/were important to me.
    10-27-21 02:13 PM
    No can't get to boot mode :/ I do have Android backup, but from what I understand, it doesn't back up text messages that are/were important to me.
    Yes, Google backs up sms.
    10-27-21 02:38 PM
    are you SMS backup and restore app from Android and it backs up two folders either on the device or in the cloud or by e-mail or all of the above. It's worked for me for a long time and pulled me back out of the deep drags a couple of times. I also have a lifetime unlimited I drive and it backs up everything there is but the format of the SMS is a little funny to work with. That's why I use the above-mentioned application from Google Play because it restores perfectly. It has many adjustments to The Cabins of backup and it's a real Lifesaver when you need it.
    10-27-21 03:51 PM
    Hello,

Same thing happened to my Key2 approximately a couple of months ago (think it was late August or maybe early September), fortunately I had recently migrated to a new phone (Pixel) and had already transferred over all my content.

What I find weird was that my Key2 died just like yours, immediately after I was trying to delete spam messages.
    10-27-21 06:34 PM
    Yes, Google backs up sms.
    But is this only if I'm using the Google Messages app?
    Last edited by bumblebbbq; 10-28-21 at 02:35 PM.
    10-28-21 11:22 AM
    Ok, something just happened - the phone randomly came back on two days later... with a full charge. Again, completely random.

It went about 1 min before it gives the notice "System UI is not responding" and I had to force power it down.

That said, it's showing that it will take a charge and can power back on... so how do I move forward from here to retrieve all my texts and photos knowing that the System UI will likely crash after a min? Is there anything?
    10-28-21 02:33 PM
    Normally no.
    10-28-21 02:43 PM
    No. All messages are stored in the same place - along with phone logs.
    10-28-21 02:48 PM