I think I would enjoy using a Keytwo. I'm curious if anyone has taken the necessary steps to not use any Google services on their Keytwo.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 12:21 PM
    There have been similar science experiments documented in the KeyOne forums. not sure if the outcome would be that different. perhaps it might be given Oreo vs Nougat.
    07-02-18 12:56 PM
    I think I would enjoy using a Keytwo. I'm curious if anyone has taken the necessary steps to not use any Google services on their Keytwo.

Posted via CB10
    I have disabled all Google apps but the Playstore on my KeyOne and use the Blackberry and MS apps only... I'm an ex windows phone user and as such am not a big fan of Google...
    07-02-18 01:00 PM
    I'm using a chines K1 (google free) and that's a pleasure! ;p
    07-02-18 03:39 PM
    There have been similar science experiments documented in the KeyOne forums. not sure if the outcome would be that different. perhaps it might be given Oreo vs Nougat.
    It's probably very similar. I will explore those Keyone discussions. Thanks thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 03:42 PM
    Where did you order from ?
    Is it dual sim?
    07-02-18 05:32 PM
    Where did you order from ?
    Is it dual sim?
    I ordered a Black Edition single SIM (I do prefer micro SD over a 2nd SIM here).
    I bought it from Gearbest.
    07-02-18 06:07 PM
    As usual you are not really forced to use the Google services. You need a Google account though in order to access the Play Store and, I believe, in order to receive device updates.

Everything else can be disabled, be it syncing services or apps. In fact the very first thing I do with a new Android device is disabling all of the Google apps. When it comes to E-Mail, I rely on a small, local provider. They also provide PIM services via CalDAV and CardDAV. I had to invest in an app called DAVdroid, which is a small one-time investment and not a big deal, because the built-in DAV system didn't really cooperate well with my provider's.

While it won't erase Google completely from your phone, you sure can use a lot of other options besides Google and avoiding their active services completely.
    07-02-18 10:21 PM
    As usual you are not really forced to use the Google services. You need a Google account though in order to access the Play Store and, I believe, in order to receive device updates.

Everything else can be disabled, be it syncing services or apps. In fact the very first thing I do with a new Android device is disabling all of the Google apps. When it comes to E-Mail, I rely on a small, local provider. They also provide PIM services via CalDAV and CardDAV. I had to invest in an app called DAVdroid, which is a small one-time investment and not a big deal, because the built-in DAV system didn't really cooperate well with my provider's.

While it won't erase Google completely from your phone, you sure can use a lot of other options besides Google and avoiding their active services completely.
    You can install yalp store instead.
    07-03-18 02:25 PM
    I ordered a Black Edition single SIM (I do prefer micro SD over a 2nd SIM here).
    I bought it from Gearbest.
    I don't see keytwo on gearbest.
    07-03-18 02:25 PM
    I don't see keytwo on gearbest.
    If they doesn't have it yet, I guess they will soon.
    07-03-18 04:36 PM
    If they doesn't have it yet, I guess they will soon.
    You meant KEYone Im guessing
    07-03-18 05:10 PM
    You meant KEYone Im guessing
    Yeah that what I said

But there are few users around that bought the K2 chinese version maybe they can pint you to where they did get it.
    07-03-18 05:55 PM
    You're just replacing Google spyware with Chinese spyware and censorship.
    07-03-18 07:44 PM
    One way to find out is if one of our Chinese Key2 users can install Netguard and monitor what is going on for us.

How-to netguard on keyone
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13171468
    07-03-18 07:47 PM
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have any chinese app on my phone!
    07-04-18 11:09 AM
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have any chinese app on my phone!
    That may be true, but the Chinese have apps on your phone.
    07-04-18 01:18 PM
    Sorry to disappoint you again but no, I track what is working on my phone, and no trace of any chinese or google spyware.
    And sorry for you constant anger around here.
    07-04-18 01:52 PM
    Lol u have no idea what you are talking about
    07-04-18 02:30 PM
    What are pros / cons of using Yalp? I'm longtime Blackberry user but newbie on Key2/Android (a few months). Reluctantly set up the required Gmail account and I guess I ate the Goog hook line & sinker... Really getting nervous about how Google (lately) seems to be trying to take over my (macbook) laptop (and I interact/admin with several other google accounts for clients, some who have been hacked / scammed) . Any general recommendations or suggestions? What browser are you using?
    01-11-19 02:50 AM
    What are pros / cons of using Yalp? I'm longtime Blackberry user but newbie on Key2/Android (a few months). Reluctantly set up the required Gmail account and I guess I ate the Goog hook line & sinker... Really getting nervous about how Google (lately) seems to be trying to take over my (macbook) laptop (and I interact/admin with several other google accounts for clients, some who have been hacked / scammed) . Any general recommendations or suggestions? What browser are you using?
    I've been using Yalp in combination with F-Droid and apkmirror. No issues, works great. You can choose to run it without any google account (the app provides it's own accounts) however if you do this you can't access any apps you may have purchased in the past.

I'm not sure if its possible to make new purchases through Yalp.

Don't use Chrome browser.

I recommend Tor Browser or hardened Firefox (privacy mods and extensions).

Check out www.privacytools.io
    01-11-19 09:03 AM
    Actually, you don't need a Gmail account to have a Google account.

They don't make it obvious when setting up an account the first time, but it is possible.

My Google account uses my ISP email address. And, I don't use the Gmail app for anything so none of my emails to through their system.
    01-11-19 10:03 AM
    Its just being spied on by China not Google lol.
    01-11-19 07:20 PM
    You just have China spying not google lol.
    01-11-19 07:21 PM
    You just have China spying not google lol.
    Plus I believe and equivalent to Google that called tencent or something like that.....

I don’t care what anybody says, there’s no free lunch.....
    01-11-19 08:30 PM