Anyone here using either a Silver or Black Key 2, any production date, that is able to enable and use WiFi calling with Bell?
    I know people are reporting it's not working with Rogers, but, I'm trying to find out if this is an issue with other carriers or just one.
    07-09-18 10:45 PM
    How about Telus ?
    07-10-18 04:35 AM
    I don't think the other carriers are even interested in offering wifi calling with Blackberrys. Once rogers gets it working, it will be a significant selling point over other carriers.
    07-10-18 05:48 AM
    I am with Bell, and I cannot activate wifi calling. The slider does not let you move it.
    07-16-18 05:34 PM
    I called Bell's Tech support. Girl on the phone told me that Bell will not be offering Wifi calling and it won't do VoLTE, which I think is similar? She said it's not a carrier restriction, it's a Blackberry one.
    07-17-18 04:47 PM
    I called Bell's Tech support. Girl on the phone told me that Bell will not be offering Wifi calling and it won't do VoLTE, which I think is similar? She said it's not a carrier restriction, it's a Blackberry one.
    All the more reason to support a carrier that will.
    08-23-18 06:55 PM
    Telus - unlocked silver Key2. VoLTE works great, no WIFI calling. FWIW VoLTE never worked on either of my KeyONEs (Silver, BE). Not sure if it's supported on the KeyONE even after the Oreo upgrade.

WIFI calling wasn't an option on my Pixel 2 either. Just on iPhone, maybe Samsung too.
    08-23-18 07:02 PM
    Telus - unlocked silver Key2. VoLTE works great, no WIFI calling. FWIW VoLTE never worked on either of my KeyONEs (Silver, BE). Not sure if it's supported on the KeyONE even after the Oreo upgrade.

WIFI calling wasn't an option on my Pixel 2 either. Just on iPhone, maybe Samsung too.
    Is the K2 purchased from Telus?
    08-23-18 07:32 PM
    Is the K2 purchased from Telus?
    No, unlocked NA retail version (Silver).
    08-23-18 07:40 PM
    No, unlocked NA retail version (Silver).
    You're lucky then, not working on mine. VoLTE is toggled in my IMS Settings but it says “not connected"

How did you get yours to connect?
    Last edited by Wrec; 08-23-18 at 08:04 PM.
    08-23-18 07:46 PM
    You're lucky then, not working on mine. VoLTE is toggled my in the IMS Settings but it says “not connected"

How did you get yours to connect?
    I didn't do anything special. Is it provisioned on your account? May have to call customer support. But if IMS setting is there it should work.

Also...and this is key...you need to be picking up LTE data connection over the network, or it can't connect. Turn off WiFi and make sure you are picking up an LTE or LTE+ connection.
    08-23-18 07:48 PM
    I'll give them a call.

I actually had my KeyOne upgraded to Oreo early on. To my surprise VoLTE was working but there was no toggle for WiFi Calling.
    So I called customer support at Telus and got a real helpful guy but he said WiFi calling is currently available for only select devices (Apple, Samsung, LG, etc). Not for BB but coming soon.

I told him my VoLTE worked and he was surprised by that. A couple days later, my IMS Settings went to "not connected" .

I'll give customer support another call now that I have the Key2.
    08-23-18 07:59 PM
    Just got off the phone with Telus customer support.

Got the standard script on VoLTE and WiFi Calling, same as on their website..... only available for select Apple, Samsung & LG devices... coming soon to a BB near you.
    08-23-18 08:42 PM
    Just got off the phone with Telus customer support.

Got the standard script on VoLTE and WiFi Calling, same as on their website..... only available for select Apple, Samsung & LG devices... coming soon to a BB near you.
    FWIW...screenshot from my Key2 on Telus.
    08-24-18 12:06 PM
    FWIW...screenshot from my Key2 on Telus. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f4f5f40334.jpg
    My screen looks the same but unfortunately my previous screen says "not connected" for IMS settings
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 - WiFi Calling with Bell-718.jpg  
    08-24-18 12:26 PM
    My screen looks the same but unfortunately my previous screen says "not connected" for IMS settings
    Your "preferred network mode" has no LTE. It says 4G/3G/2G. That's your problem. Mine says LTE/WCDMA/GSM, which is the default setting. Not sure why you are even getting that as an option? You should be able to select an LTE network option manually under preferred network mode, or 'reset all network settings' and the one I have listed should come back on as default (see screenshot).

Only other thing I can think of is possibly you have an older and/or malfunctioning sim card. The newest one for Telus is the LTE tri-sim. You should also double check if you actually have LTE coverage in your area. Good luck!
    08-24-18 12:52 PM
    Your "preferred network mode" has no LTE. It says 4G/3G/2G. That's your problem. Mine says LTE/WCDMA/GSM, which is the default setting. Not sure why you are even getting that as an option? You should be able to select an LTE network option manually under preferred network mode, or 'reset all network settings' and the one I have listed should come back on as default (see screenshot).

Only other thing I can think of is possibly you have an older and/or malfunctioning sim card. The newest one for Telus is the LTE tri-sim. You should also double check if you actually have LTE coverage in your area. Good luck!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7f0a77cf65.jpg
    Hmmp, this is kind of perplexing.

I do have LTE/WCDMA/GSM selected, and I am on LTE, see attached screen shot. Not sure why the Preferred Network Mode is showing as 4G/3G/2G, that isn't even an option.

I tried flipping my simcards around and even taking my second sim card out, still no luck.

Maybe it an issue with my dual-sim -6.

I did get VoLTE working for about a week on my KeyOne after installing Oreo and with my current Telus sim card. Maybe that SIM card got blacklisted after I phoned Telus to ask about Wi-Fi calling in addition to VoLTE. Because it stopped working shortly after that call. Maybe I need to get a different sim card.

I also wonder if you're the only lucky one with Telus to have VoLTE.

In any case, thanks for your input.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 - WiFi Calling with Bell-833.jpg  
    08-24-18 02:10 PM
    Hmmp, this is kind of perplexing.

I do have LTE/WCDMA/GSM selected, and I am on LTE, see attached screen shot. Not sure why the Preferred Network Mode is showing as 4G/3G/2G, that isn't even an option.

I tried flipping my simcards around and even taking my second sim card out, still no luck.

Maybe it an issue with my dual-sim -6.

I did get VoLTE working for about a week on my KeyOne after installing Oreo and with my current Telus sim card. Maybe that SIM card got blacklisted after I phoned Telus to ask about Wi-Fi calling in addition to VoLTE. Because it stopped working shortly after that call. Maybe I need to get a different sim card.

I also wonder if you're the only lucky one with Telus to have VoLTE.

In any case, thanks for your input.
    You have a dual sim variant of the Key2? That might explain it then. Mine is the North America unlocked silver variant (BBF100-2). Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the hardware/compatibility for that phone might be able to answer what is causing the problem. Band reception perhaps?

BTW I used to have a KeyONE...two in fact...and neither got VoLTE on Telus...so perhaps they 'messed up' (LOL) by accidentally allowing it on the KeyONE after the update to Oreo. But AFAIK the Key2 should work...and I don't think I'm the only one. At least I hope not Lol.
    08-24-18 02:30 PM
    How about Telus ?
    After the latest update (October) wifi calling is an option but was not working. Telus says the Key2 is not on the list of phones that they will support wifi calling on.

BUT, I lied to the guy in tech support and told him I have a friend that has it working on his k2 so he ran me few a few steps and now Wifi calling is enabled on my Key2!

He says he will put a note in the system that it works on the Key2.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 - WiFi Calling with Bell-31758.jpg  
    10-25-18 09:13 PM
    After the latest update (October) wifi calling is an option but was not working. Telus says the Key2 is not on the list of phones that they will support wifi calling on.

BUT, I lied to the guy in tech support and told him I have a friend that has it working on his k2 so he ran me few a few steps and now Wifi calling is enabled on my Key2!

He says he will put a note in the system that it works on the Key2.
    What "steps" did he have you run???
    10-27-18 10:23 PM
    What "steps" did he have you run???
    For some reason the email on account wasn't correct, so when I tried to register for wifi calling (settings > network & Internet & > wifi calling) it would give me an error. So he asked me to re-signup on telus mobility. He then joined that to my account and removed the other user profile. I reboot my phone, registered successfully and then it worked. Not sure what he did on the back end/their side, but he mentioned that he was putting a note on their system that the Key2 works with Wifi calling so when others call in all techs will see how it's done.

Hope that helps.

I tried it on a flight from YVR to Honolulu lastnight and works great.
    10-27-18 10:49 PM
    For some reason the email on account wasn't correct, so when I tried to register for wifi calling (settings > network & Internet & > wifi calling) it would give me an error. So he asked me to re-signup on telus mobility. He then joined that to my account and removed the other user profile. I reboot my phone, registered successfully and then it worked. Not sure what he did on the back end/their side, but he mentioned that he was putting a note on their system that the Key2 works with Wifi calling so when others call in all techs will see how it's done.

Hope that helps.

I tried it on a flight from YVR to Honolulu lastnight and works great.
    Hi, Just wondering, Which update number are you running?

I'm on Telus with the ABG900 and the wi-fi calling option isn't there, I have the VoLTE as "connected" but i'm not sure if this works since I have seen any new symbol since..

Thank you
    11-25-18 09:57 AM
    Hi, Just wondering, Which update number are you running?

I'm on Telus with the ABG900 and the wi-fi calling option isn't there, I have the VoLTE as "connected" but i'm not sure if this works since I have seen any new symbol since..

Thank you
    I'm on ABI067 right now.

go to Settings > Network & Internet > Wifi calling and toggle wifi calling to the on position. You will need to Register for wifi calling by pressing where it says manage wifi calling
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 - WiFi Calling with Bell-39772.jpg  
    11-25-18 11:39 AM
    Thank you, I guess I will have to wait, I think I know what's happening, after looking at : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

It seems that you are on a newer version since you don't have a carrier version..
    11-25-18 11:42 AM
    Ive used both international models and rogers models. ONLY network models would connect to ims however in all cases wifi calling never worked. despite with key1 rogers the toggle was there. But got an error message to activate it.
    12-01-18 01:34 PM
31 12