Just got my Black K2 a few days ago, loving it so far, so I thought I'd share what I observed as better on the K2 vs my K1.

TLDR; this phone is doper than the K1!

In no particular order:

Keyboard:
    Absolutely better. The lighter press allows me to type longer messages without feeling finger fatigue. I find myself typing approximately 8wpm more in the typing test app I have.

No space bar wobble, and I actually like the different sound the space bar makes. (FYI, Build date is 7/25, -002, PRD 003)

I actually like the muted alt characters printed on the keyboard. It gives off a much more minimalist design feel. If I dont know a symbol and can't see it, a quick double tap of the symbol key gets me there.

Touch Scrolling:
    Not perfect or as good as the passport, but very usable for scrolling. I never used this on the K1 because it just sucked, but am realizing how much I missed this and reading articles and emails is really nice when your finger isn't getting in the way.

Camera:
    I love the camera which was a pleasant surprise because of all the bad stuff I heard on here. It takes way better pictures in decent lighting compared to my K1 or even my G6. (I'm on ABC432)

Low light sucks, moderate lighting was good in the one I took at a restaurant yesterday.

I thought the portrait mode was a gimmick until I took some snaps of my kids and WOW! Those are the types of pictures you will end up keeping and sharing with family. Very Nice! Got a priceless picture of my son today before his first day of high school.

Speed Key:
    I use Nova launcher so this gives me keyboard shortcuts that I didn't have before. I only have about 5 of my heavily used apps setup, but when you need to go to them it's a godsend. Gave the BB launcher another try,... Nah!

Audio:
    Same as K1 with wired headphones, but drastic improvement with my Jaybird X3 Bluetooth headphones. Both clarity and volume are better.

Speaker is much louder than the K1 and has come in handy when I had to do a quick speakerphone call yesterday. Also nicer when watching the occasional YouTube video.

Build:
    Much nicer and modern, though the Black Edition K1 wasn't too bad. Didn't like the tin foil hat on the OG K1. With my K1, I couldn't grip it well enough that I HAD to use a case. So far, I have been using this K2 in all its naked glory and the flat framing makes it much better to hold.

Performance:
    Much nicer, though I had the 64/4 be K1 so I didn't have terrible lag to begin with. I would have some lag in certain apps that is non-existent now. Very smooth.

Network:
    Much better reception, especially with wifi. I didn't have too many issues with my K1, but there were areas at work where I had dead spots; now I have 3 bars where my K1 would show Emergency calls only and I have wifi in the restroom :-)

Overall many improvements, nothing I see that is a step back. Whether the phone is worth the upgrade or the price is subjective. For me it's a clear upgrade with real benefits in everyday use. YMMV...

Yes, this was all typed on the K2.
    phuoc, pooyam, the_boon and 5 others like this.
    08-14-18 11:29 PM
    I agree . They did a whole bunch right on this device. Playing devils advocate there is a bunch more I’d like to see on the key3
    Insync likes this.
    08-15-18 12:20 AM
    Great review. Can't wait to get my hands on one. Still rockin the KeyOne and Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-18 06:26 AM
    I agree . They did a whole bunch right on this device. Playing devils advocate there is a bunch more I’d like to see on the key3
    I agree, there a bunch of good things for this phone. However, many unacceptable things. From the 1st week I knew this phone wouldn't last me 2 years. I already plan on getting the Key3 next year ONLY if it gives what we expect. If not I'm done with Blackberry for good.
    08-15-18 01:52 PM
    I agree, there a bunch of good things for this phone. However, many unacceptable things. From the 1st week I knew this phone wouldn't last me 2 years. I already plan on getting the Key3 next year ONLY if it gives what we expect. If not I'm done with Blackberry for good.
    You mean the spacebar wasn't gonna hold up?
    08-15-18 03:45 PM
    And if they don't deliver what you expect, where do you go then? iPhone? Another random Android slab?

Seriously for this kind of niche phone I really think they delivered on what you may expect...

Formally I always went for the high-end units of Apple, HTC or Samsung but I cannot regret at all moving back to BlackBerry with the Key2 (last BB was a Q10)
    08-15-18 04:10 PM
    You mean the spacebar wasn't gonna hold up?
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant, and bought the phone knowing the comprises to have a PKB in 2018 & that the phone is great in many ways but was also cheapened by other things, like the scree, speakers. Knowing what else is out there, the price of other phones & the compromises on this phone. I don't see myself being happy sticking with it for 2 years or so.

If the camera is better, keyboard doesn't fall asleep or have a deadline, screen is actually bright enough to use outside on the Key3. I'll very seriously consider it, IF the price is not the usual Blackberry/TCL nonsense.
    08-15-18 04:12 PM
    And if they don't deliver what you expect, where do you go then? iPhone? Another random Android slab?

Seriously for this kind of niche phone I really think they delivered on what you may expect...

Formally I always went for the high-end units of Apple, HTC or Samsung but I cannot regret at all moving back to BlackBerry with the Key2 (last BB was a Q10)
    I think those phones all do deliver what's expected. Great hardware, water proofing, great cameras, lots of RAM but unfortunately they don't have a PKB. I wish there was another choice, so TCL would make a more competitive product at a more realistic price. I have a Key2 but do think it's way too expensive & having a Pkb is no excuse for the compromises & issues.
    08-15-18 04:14 PM
    I agree, really enjoying the KEY2
    08-15-18 04:19 PM
    Sounds great, thanks for the positive news!
    08-15-18 10:30 PM
    Have to agree - I am genuinely pleased with the K2, especially compared to the K1. The speed and keyboard improvements alone are killer.
    08-15-18 11:57 PM
    I agree. I had the KEYone black and the KEY2 is way more responsive, I like the camera a lot and the KB is almost as good as the Passport’s.
    08-16-18 12:19 AM
    love typing on my glossy keyone keys. i doubt the matt key2 will better. wish i could try it though.
    08-16-18 12:33 AM
    love typing on my glossy keyone keys. i doubt the matt key2 will better. wish i could try it though.
    I think you'll like the bigger matte keys, trust me. The K1 feels so cramped when I go back to it now

The gloss gives the keyboard a squeaky feel, which isn't there on the K2
    08-16-18 01:13 AM
    I think you'll like the bigger matte keys, trust me. The K1 feels so cramped when I go back to it now

The gloss gives the keyboard a squeaky feel, which isn't there on the K2
    There are times when the keyboard has felt cramped. But i found a solution. Keep ur fingernails trimmed /short, so it's a much better experience to press the keys. Comfort and precision. Hopefully though i get to try out a key2. Since in australia, impossible to come across.
    08-16-18 02:30 AM
    There are times when the keyboard has felt cramped. But i found a solution. Keep ur fingernails trimmed /short, so it's a much better experience to press the keys. Comfort and precision. Hopefully though i get to try out a key2. Since in australia, impossible to come across.
    Yeah short nails do help, but aside from that, the KEY2 is lighter and I think a bit more balanced as far as weight distribution.

Keep in mind, the key resistance is a bit less and travel a bit shorter than KEYone, meaning it takes less force to hit the keys. This also translates to less thumb cramping.

Overall, definitely a fan of KEY2's keyboard. If a coming update fixes the slight spacebar lag, I'd be 100% satisfied.
    08-16-18 03:29 AM
    Very happy with my keyone black so no upgrade for me yet. Still miss the send end and navigation sensor on my classic, but still happy overall. Having to deal with having to give google permission to access data for even simple things like photo viewer has limited the phones capabilities because I deny everything google requests, but that's pretty much the way of things now, but also means no need for extra processing as I use it for less things now.
    09-04-18 04:38 AM
    week 2 and very happy moving from K1 to K2.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-04-18 07:07 AM