Actually, to the iPhone's defense, the latest XR which I just got for my wife has very impressive battery life. Her previous 8 Plus was good too (not as good as XR).

Aside from that, yeah the battery life sucks. Every time Apple does some magic with their chipset and software efficiency, they ruin it by compensating negatively via a smaller battery.
    I can only speak to my familiarity with the new iPhones that my 4 children have as well as my lady friend. She works for AT&T and was forced to give up her BlackBerry and get an iPhone. All my children are constantly charging their iPhones throughout the day as is my lady friend. My oldest son and my lady friend carry power packs in the event they are not in their car or accessible to an AC outlet.

Now my KEY2 doesn't require that... I can easily get through the day starting with a 100% charge in the morning and by bedtime I'm typically at 40% or more remaining. I am a moderate to heavy user of my KEY2... texts, emails, and voice calls all throughout the day and evening. I highly doubt an iPhone could go that long on one full charge with the same use.

Bob

Bob
    11-14-18 03:18 PM
    I can only speak to my familiarity with the new iPhones that my 4 children have as well as my lady friend. She works for AT&T and was forced to give up her BlackBerry and get an iPhone. All my children are constantly charging their iPhones throughout the day as is my lady friend. My oldest son and my lady friend carry power packs in the event they are not in their car or accessible to an AC outlet.

Now my KEY2 doesn't require that... I can easily get through the day starting with a 100% charge in the morning and by bedtime I'm typically at 40% or more remaining. I am a moderate to heavy user of my KEY2... texts, emails, and voice calls all throughout the day and evening. I highly doubt an iPhone could go that long on one full charge with the same use.

Bob

Bob
    Again, I said the new XR and last year's 8 Plus are above average, especially as far as iPhones go. Now I haven't tried rocking either of them myself to see if they could go a full day with my usage, but I'm very satisfied with my KEY2's performance.
    11-14-18 03:21 PM
    Again, I said the new XR and last year's 8 Plus are above average, especially as far as iPhones go. Now I haven't tried rocking either of them myself to see if they could go a full day with my usage, but I'm very satisfied with my KEY2's performance.
    I am 9 hours into my day with my KEY2 since it's last full charge and I've been sending emails all day, texting on Google Messenger, texting and voice calls on WhatsApp, voice calls on AT&T, listening to music on Spotify for almost 2 hours between my early morning run and the gym. And I am currently at 76% battery remaining. I highly doubt a new iPhone would do that.

Bob
    11-14-18 03:39 PM
    An iPhone that is above iphone average is still below average compared to a Key².
    11-14-18 03:39 PM
    Actually, to the iPhone's defense, the latest XR which I just got for my wife has very impressive battery life. Her previous 8 Plus was good too (not as good as XR).

Aside from that, yeah the battery life sucks. Every time Apple does some magic with their chipset and software efficiency, they ruin it by compensating negatively via a smaller battery.
    What color did you pick?
    11-14-18 04:45 PM
    You spend more time complaining about TCL's "wacky" offerings than about the fact that all the other OEM's abandoned the PKB long ago

If you hate the brand so much, why lurk around here ?

Just buy an S8/S8+/Note8 and a keyboard cover case and you'll be happy
    Thank you for your understanding, but you do realise Samsung is opposite garbage with PKB to KEY2?)
    11-14-18 04:55 PM
    What color did you pick?
    Red, if that matters lol

Thank you for your understanding, but you do realise Samsung is opposite garbage with PKB to KEY2?)
    Well yeah I realize that the Samsung keyboard covers are crap compared to the KEY2's PKB (even though I never tried them), but you seem to hate everything about BBMo so much that I honestly thought you'd be happier with one of those than a KEY device.
    11-14-18 04:59 PM
    I'm sorry you're not happy with the specs on BlackBerry Mobile's offerings. But I don't know why you think they would be more successful selling the phone you want at an even higher price? I am pretty sure the product managers at BlackBerry Mobile, who have better information and are much more personally invested than any of us in the brand's success, are in a much better position to design the phone's than a few amateurs on an Internet forum with no information except our personal preferences!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Pocophone or oneplus offers much higher performance phones for 300-500 bucks, huawei offers P20 PRO for 700 bucks

Like @conite said it would be 25% more expensive, don't know how since it uses much smaller screen then all others but so be it, they can make same performance device for 800 buck easy and become interesting in general.

be honest, minority for PKB is interested now just because of PKB, no other internal makes anyone interest including existing minority PKB owners to KEY2 because it's horrible. Think about it.

And all existing "product" managers for hardware and software like camera app should be fired by now
    11-14-18 05:05 PM
    Pocophone or oneplus offers much higher performance phones for 300-500 bucks, huawei offers P20 PRO for 700 bucks

Like @conite said it would be 25% more expensive, don't know how since it uses much smaller screen then all others but so be it, they can make same performance device for 800 buck easy and become interesting in general.

be honest, minority for PKB is interested now just because of PKB, no other internal makes anyone interest including existing minority PKB owners to KEY2 because it's horrible. Think about it.

And all existing "product" managers for hardware and software like camera app should be fired by now
    You keep mentioning that Pico phone as if all it takes for a great smartphone is the latest and greatest snap dragon chipset lol. That phone is just another quickly forgotten slab of glass.
    11-14-18 05:10 PM

Bob

Bob
    I bet if you played PUBG or snapchat with constantly opened camera with your KEY2, you also couldn't live without battery pack, try a game with your kids and switch devices, I think it will be pretty the same result.
    11-14-18 05:12 PM
    I think you are a Nokia employee.
    Thank you! But why?
    11-14-18 05:14 PM
    I am 9 hours into my day with my KEY2 since it's last full charge and I've been sending emails all day, texting on Google Messenger, texting and voice calls on WhatsApp, voice calls on AT&T, listening to music on Spotify for almost 2 hours between my early morning run and the gym. And I am currently at 76% battery remaining. I highly doubt a new iPhone would do that.

Bob
    Little bit off topic.. Can you tell me more about your early morning runs like do you eat before run or after and etc?
    11-14-18 05:18 PM

I'm happy with the KEY2, which is essentially the same spec phone as the Nokia 7 Plus with a physical keyboard.

The extra $185 US (under $8/mo for 2 years) is a no brainer for me.
    Last edited by conite; 11-14-18 at 05:38 PM.
    11-14-18 05:23 PM
    Red, if that matters lol

Well yeah I realize that the Samsung keyboard covers are crap compared to the KEY2's PKB (even though I never tried them), but you seem to hate everything about BBMo so much that I honestly thought you'd be happier with one of those than a KEY device.
    Ha! I'm also considering between red or black, red looks the best IMHO

I had a honor to touch Samsung PKB cover, believe me it's trash.

Well, maybe I sound too strictly.. I do not hate EVERYTHING about BBM, just to be clear, I love the design and PKB. It is a really masterpiece for my eyes, but all those "product" managers responsible for hardware and camera app software should be fired since they revealed KEY2.
    11-14-18 05:26 PM
    You keep mentioning that Pico phone as if all it takes for a great smartphone is the latest and greatest snap dragon chipset lol. That phone is just another quickly forgotten slab of glass.
    I'm keep mentioning them just for the sake of proof that it is just a little bull**** in words "it is too expensive to make high end hardware BB" or "it will cost fortunes", no it doesn't.
    11-14-18 05:36 PM
    I bet if you played PUBG or snapchat with constantly opened camera with your KEY2, you also couldn't live without battery pack, try a game with your kids and switch devices, I think it will be pretty the same result.
    I don't have any social media apps installed on my KEY2 and I don't play games. I don't use my smartphone device for those formats.

Bob
    11-14-18 05:46 PM
    I'm happy with the KEY2, which is essentially the same spec phone as the Nokia 7 Plus with a physical keyboard.

The extra $185 US (under $8/mo for 2 years) is a no brainer for me.
    If you're fine with extra $185 US (under $8/mo for 2 years) for Nokia 7 Plus specs and is a no brainer for you, then extra $335 US (under $14/mo for 2 years (+6 bucks)) would be a mindblow for specs like Huawei P20 PRO, you would love that, don't you? Like mass slab market finally could get different look phone with the same performance?
    11-14-18 05:49 PM
    Little bit off topic.. Can you tell me more about your early morning runs like do you eat before run or after and etc?
    I go out with my dog around 6:00 AM for a 3 mile jog. I don't eat before that run but upon my return I will have some fruit... banana... oranges, etc. Then I go to the gym and spin for 45 minutes... hit the treadmill for 45 minutes. I eat when I'm done at the gym... oatmeal, yogurt, fruit. I drink a lot of water throughout the day... 1.5-2 gallons.

You have to hydrate to be great... 😁

Bob
    11-14-18 05:51 PM
    I don't have any social media apps installed on my KEY2 and I don't play games. I don't use my smartphone device for those formats.

Bob
    You answered to your question, I'm pretty sure you would get pretty the same screen time with iPhone or any other phone since your using nothing that drains battery.

Nokia 3310 would hold you for a month though, just kidding
    11-14-18 05:53 PM
    I go out with my dog around 6:00 AM for a 3 mile jog. I don't eat before that run but upon my return I will have some fruit... banana... oranges, etc. Then I go to the gym and spin for 45 minutes... hit the treadmill for 45 minutes. I eat when I'm done at the gym... oatmeal, yogurt, fruit. I drink a lot of water throughout the day... 1.5-2 gallons.

You have to hydrate to be great... 😁

Bob
    I should drink more water for sure 😄 thanks for info and tips!
    11-14-18 06:02 PM
    If you're fine with extra $185 US (under $8/mo for 2 years) for Nokia 7 Plus specs and is a no brainer for you, then extra $335 US (under $14/mo for 2 years (+6 bucks)) would be a mindblow for specs like Huawei P20 PRO, you would love that, don't you? Like mass slab market finally could get different look phone with the same performance?
    I would have little use for anything more.
    11-14-18 06:12 PM
    I would have little use for anything more.
    Ok, you, but mass slab market users would have a huge use from it, so it become interesting, now it isn't.

I don't get it, why you all don't want KEY performed like high end device?
    11-14-18 06:27 PM
    Ok, you, but mass slab market users would have a huge use from it, so it become interesting, now it isn't.

I don't get it, why you all don't want KEY performed like high end device?
    I've already reached the point of diminishing returns on added specs, so there is almost no value play for me to go up.
    11-14-18 06:34 PM
    I've already reached the point of diminishing returns on added specs, so there is almost no value play for me to go up.
    This is why I talk about performance, not specs a lot.

iPhone Xs has only 4GB RAM and doesn't need 6GB to run with no lag.

IPhone Xs have 7MP selfie camera, KEY2 have 8MP selfie and it embarrassing terrible while iPhones "lower specs" camera performance high end.

My point is.. focus must be about performance not specs, no one cares about specs, if camera takes a crap picture, if speakers sounds wack, if screen is dim, if it lags on certain apps, after this wacky experience no body cares about how long battery last in the drawer and BBM fails a lot in here.

And no body cares what it takes to perform like this, specs is your inside job to make a perfect performance, you must do it or you're nothing, call yourself a niche a **** or whatever, your wasting your and everyones time by making wacky product.

@BBM it's not your job to refurbish and sell unsold TCL ****ty Alcatel phones hardware, stop wasting your time on making wacky products.
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 11-14-18 at 07:37 PM.
    11-14-18 07:26 PM
    This is why I talk about performance, not specs a lot.

iPhone Xs has only 4GB RAM and doesn't need 6GB to run with no lag.

IPhone Xs have 7MP selfie camera, KEY2 have 8MP selfie and it embarrassing terrible while iPhones "lower specs" camera performance high end.

My point is.. focus must be about performance not specs, no one cares about specs, if camera takes a crap picture, if speakers sounds wack, if screen is dim, if it lags on certain apps, after this wacky experience no body cares about how long battery last in the drawer and BBM fails a lot in here.

And no body cares what it takes to perform like this, specs is your inside job to make a perfect performance, you must do it or you're nothing, call yourself a niche a **** or whatever, your wasting your and everyones time by making wacky product.

@BBM it's not your job to refurbish and sell unsold TCL ****ty Alcatel phones hardware, stop wasting your time on making wacky products.
    Fine.

I've already reached the point of diminishing returns on added "performance", so there is almost no value play for me to go up.

The 4 BBMo devices share no components with any Alcatel products. They are durable, well-crafted phones.

If you're happier with a Pico device, then fill your boats.
    11-14-18 07:38 PM
145 12345 ...